Crawl Back In premiered on Myspace

GoodyLP

can anybody from the US post the full lyrics?? or somebody else how speaks english very well?

That's what I've got with a friend here:

Sometimes I look at my own face

And I don't know who I am

I see a face of everyone I know

Buried underneath my skin

I don't want to be like them

I want to crawl back in

Its hard to think of anything I haven't heard before

I hear these voices in my head

It could be mine but I'm not sure

I hear their trying to be who I think they should be

Why won't they leave me alone

I can't deny it I try to fight it

But I'm losing control

I want to crawl back in

Don't want to lose my innocence

Don't want the world second guessing at my heart

Won't let your lies take a piece of my soul

Don't want to take your medicine

I want to crawl back in

Sometimes I lie

Sometimes I crawl

Sometimes I feel like I want to die

I want to crawl back in

Don't want to lose my innocence

Don't want the world second guessing at my heart

Won't let your lies take a piece of my soul

Don't want to take your medicine

I want to crawl back in

I want to crawl back in

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay ladys and gentleman i have fuckin great news!! i have the dbs fire studio version but i must decode it tomorrow i will upload it and you cant get the links via PM but remember TOMORROW not today!!

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on this one.

Anyway...I've always felt that Mike was the stronger lyricist in Linkin Park. None of Chester's solo material that's come out to this point has given me any reason to think otherwise. For what it is, Crawl Back In isn't a bad song, but from a lyrical standpoint, it's borderline cringe-worthy in the same vein as Numb or Don't Stay. I'm also not a fan of how over-produced Chester's vocals sound on this.

Not a very impressive guitar solo from Amir either, compared to what I know he's capable of.

Edited by Astat

Yeah, I like this song I guess. I don't know if I'd like it as much if Chester wasn't involved. Overall, I think it's a weak choice for a single. Far better songs that we have heard so far, and quite a few that we haven't.

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on this one.

Anyway...I've always felt that Mike was the stronger lyricist in Linkin Park. None of Chester's solo material that's come out to this point has given me any reason to think otherwise. For what it is, Crawl Back In isn't a bad song, but from a lyrical standpoint, it's borderline cringe-worthy in the same vein as Numb or Don't Stay. I'm also not a fan of how over-produced Chester's vocals sound on this.

Not a very impressive guitar solo from Amir either, compared to what I know he's capable of.

You base this on just Crawl Back In? Go look up Let Down written by JUST Chester and see how great those lyrics are.

Furthermore, you say Numb and Don't Stay had bad lyrics but Mike had a hand in those as well, or using your logic did Chester just write those songs?

Also, can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me a pm to DL the song?? Thanks and appreciate it.

okay ladys and gentleman i have fuckin great news!! i have the dbs fire studio version but i must decode it tomorrow i will upload it and you cant get the links via PM but remember TOMORROW not today!!

I'll play along. PM me a link tomorrow.

You base this on just Crawl Back In? Go look up Let Down written by JUST Chester and see how great those lyrics are.

Furthermore, you say Numb and Don't Stay had bad lyrics but Mike had a hand in those as well, or using your logic did Chester just write those songs?

Also, can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me a pm to DL the song?? Thanks and appreciate it.

I think Chester writes very basic lyrics. Let down is not that well written either. Then again it's a single and most singles aren't that in depth.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

2 questions, why until tomorrow's put the link of "Fire"? and second, Fire can't listen online as well as CBI?

First question... Don't know, that's up to him.

Second question, No, Fire is not on the Dead By Sunrise myspace, only Crawl Back In is.

I'd like to know how he got a hold of Fire though... If he's telling the truth.

Edited by Cyro

I clearly said "none of Chester's solo material that's come out to this point." That means Morning After, Let Down, Crawl Back In, Fire, Walking in Circles, My Suffering, and In the Darkness. The chorus of Let Down is so simple from a lyrical standpoint that it could've been written in 2 minutes.

We don't know who wrote what on most Linkin Park songs. Mike writes all of his rap parts, but they both write some of the singing parts. Also, I didn't infer in any way that Chester wrote those songs himself, I was making a comparison. But Meteora was the album Chester had the biggest hand in writing the lyrics for (some of the Hybrid Theory material was written before he joined the band or by Mike, and Mike wrote a ton of lyrics for Minutes to Midnight), and it's by far their weakest lyrical work. Probably not a coincidence.