Crawl Back In premiered on Myspace

GoodyLP

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic!

It isn't as raw as I expected, but the production really suits it well. It's gonna be one of those songs that the more times you hear it, the more different sounds & instruments you'll pick out.

Again, Fantastic!

That song is awesome! I kinda wish the solo was longer, I feel like it could keep going for a little. All in all this song rocks! I'll wait to download it on Tuesday so the quality is far better than the Myspace version.

I wanna crawl back innnnnn!!!!!! Love it!

I think the song is great, my only issue with it is like Geki said, I feel like I've already heard it a bunch of times.

And for those saying that Chester's vocals are raw, I'm gonna have to definitely disagree. You can pretty clearly hear the effects in his voice in some parts, even when he isn't harmonizing with himself. Especially during the bridge.

That's just part of the style though. DBS is an electro rock/pop band.

Bad Influence ? I think not.

JK probably helped get Chester out of the style a little bit that he's used to. His tone changes a lot through this song which isn't something we see in a lot of in LP songs. This song is quite ' raw ' except for the times when his vocals are layered, but it all adds to the effect.

This blows the live version out of the water which I wasn't expecting.

I respect peoples opinions though. JK rock !

I'm not really into JK, but each to their own. :)

My only little complaint about LP has always been that their studio material often doesn't exploit Chester's vocal abillities to the fullest (while I don't necessarily mean the heavy stuff), something I love about the Grey Daze records. I'd hoped that Chester would go back to that.

And he himself stated that the dbs record probably would have sounded very differently a while ago, so I can only guess if the changes that took place were actually for the better. Me, I wouldn't have minded Chester pulling a "singer/song writer" thing and just record himself with an acoustic guitar. Just so you know where I'm coming from. ;)

It always easy to blame someone else for something you don't like.

Anyways I like the live version a tad more, but thats simply caused by the fact which version you heard first. You always get a different opinion on the sound of a song if you heard the live version first.

Of course I can only guess where what kind of influence comes from, but if you take Chester comments about the collaboration with the other guys you can make a pretty good guess ...

Granted, considering I just dig Chester's voice live I may be biased.

But ... blame someone else for something I don't like? Eh, what? Who else is there to blame? Myself? Whatever. In the end it's just an opinion.

The two main tracks I'm waiting for are My Suffering and Walking In Circles, when I heard the My Suffering demo at Tempe I immediately fell in love, the new version was VERY different from the demo, but I loved it all the same. Walking In Circles was also an amazing melody!! By the sound of it tho it also sounded like a demo, so I'm hoping they turn it into a more kickass song!!!

The two main tracks I'm waiting for are My Suffering and Walking In Circles, when I heard the My Suffering demo at Tempe I immediately fell in love, the new version was VERY different from the demo, but I loved it all the same. Walking In Circles was also an amazing melody!! By the sound of it tho it also sounded like a demo, so I'm hoping they turn it into a more kickass song!!!

I never considered that 'Walking In Circles' from the 08 show could have been a demo just like 'My Suffering'...I hope they don't change it in a bad way. Even though I can't make out most of the words, the melody is just purely amazing. Does anybody that went to the Vegas show this year know if the song was different? They did it acoustic, the clip on YouTube pretty much sounds like the 08 version.

I never considered that 'Walking In Circles' from the 08 show could have been a demo just like 'My Suffering'...I hope they don't change it in a bad way. Even though I can't make out most of the words, the melody is just purely amazing. Does anybody that went to the Vegas show this year know if the song was different? They did it acoustic, the clip on YouTube pretty much sounds like the 08 version.

You have reason, the performance of Walking In Circles in this year on the clip on Youtube is very similar to the performance at 08

You have reason, the performance of Walking In Circles in this year on the clip on Youtube is very similar to the performance at 08

The clip is the very end of the song, we don't know if the verses or anything are different.

Oops, right you are, sorry 'bout that. This structure can get a little complicated ...

It gets a bit fast and furious in popular threads... We've got to be quick to merge double (or sometimes even triple) posts in an effort to keep things as manageable as possible.

It gets a bit fast and furious in popular threads... We've got to be quick to merge double (or sometimes even triple) posts in an effort to keep things as manageable as possible.

I'm sure this already came up a thousand times, but wasn't the "old" forum style easier to handle and to follow?

I'm sure this already came up a thousand times, but wasn't the "old" forum style easier to handle and to follow?

I'm used to more than a few styles and can switch pretty quickly... I can't say I prefer one style to another after all these years.