Crawl Back In premiered on Myspace

GoodyLP

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great even after hearing it so many times live. I can't wait for a high quality download on itunes. For me, this was definitely the right choice for the first single, at least out of all the songs that have been released so far. Morning After and Let Down we have already heard. Walking In Circles is awesome but I couldn't imagine it being a single. And as for Fire and My Suffering, I like them both but think that Crawl Back In is better and sounds more single worthy. Same with In The Darkness.

I clearly said "none of Chester's solo material that's come out to this point." That means Morning After, Let Down, Crawl Back In, Fire, Walking in Circles, My Suffering, and In the Darkness. The chorus of Let Down is so simple from a lyrical standpoint that it could've been written in 2 minutes.

We don't know who wrote what on most Linkin Park songs. Mike writes all of his rap parts, but they both write some of the singing parts. Also, I didn't infer in any way that Chester wrote those songs himself, I was making a comparison. But Meteora was the album Chester had the biggest hand in writing the lyrics for (some of the Hybrid Theory material was written before he joined the band or by Mike, and Mike wrote a ton of lyrics for Minutes to Midnight), and it's by far their weakest lyrical work. Probably not a coincidence.

If you clearly said none of Chester's solo material to this point, then why do you ignore Mike's solo stuff and the cringe worthy lyrics he's written. For comparison's sake he's no better but to get a better understanding for whose the stronger lyricist you need to discuss everything including LP songs.

But still the belief that Mike is a stronger lyricist is just your impression at the end of the day, and both of us really don't know who writes more/better lyrics unless if we're in the studio. I mean take for example the making of New Divide when Mike is playing the chorus for Chester. It's clear that Mike had more of a hand in writing that song, but I liked how Chester said along the lines that we need to clean up some of the words which they did. It just shows that Chester has a good grasp for writing because he easily could have said yeah that's good let's do it, and is involved in putting together those well written songs by LP. Or how about those band meetings during Minutes when the rest of the members said the lyrics were crap and they had to clean it up. Just sayin, at the end of the there's more that goes into the writing process and Mike shouldn't be credited as the stronger lyricist when at the end of the day it's just guessing on your part and making assumptions from stuff you read in interviews or watch in LPTV videos. Lastly, and back to the point I made earlier how about Fort Minor songs, Mike's had some pretty simplistic cringe worthy lines as well. i.e. Petrified ( lyrics are pointless), Remember the Name ( crap, chorus is..crap), Where'd U Go ( awful lyrics, chorus/beat saves the song), etc. Or how about those pre-Meteora days with raps in Reading My Eyes, Fuse, Esaul, etc. His lyrics are so random, he sounds like a clean Eminem, just making words rhyme for the sake of rhyming. I'm just saying Mike has written some pretty bad stuff, so to take Crawl back In, live recordings of Fire, Walking in Circles, etc which you can't even make out all the lyrics yet and say hmmm Mike's the stronger lyricist makes me scratch my head.

Idk, I felt this song was just so-so. It's not that I don't like it because lyrically it is kind of simple (it is), just that the song really isn't hitting the right spots for me. Don't really think I like it very much.

That's how I felt when I heard the snippets, but the song grew on me. Off topic but I'm honestly in a point in my life right now where i'm facing withdraw for school and working fulltime for a year until i'm reinstated because I won't quality for student loans so I need to come up with living costs on my own to pay for rent, groceries, bills, etc, OR returning to school and everything being back on track with a second chance pending a petition decision that i'm going to receive sometime this next week in the mail. Everybody keeps trying to encourage me , give me some advice, etc that's just so off to what I want right now. I got my reality check, my priorities are straight, i just want to finish this last year on track and graduate so the lines

Don't want the world second guessing at my heart (agreed)

Won't let your lies take a piece of my soul

Don't want to take your medicine ( tired of the bs i'm hearing)

I want to crawl back in ( god yes..)

Sometimes I lie

Sometimes I crawl

Sometimes I feel like I want to die (this past winter i so did)

I don't want to be like them

I want to crawl back in

but yeah, it's just me wanting to crawl back in and have some normality in my life after a year of financial, academic, and persona; hardship just makes me relate a little to what Chester's trying to say. As always songs are open to interpretation, but that's what I get from the song. The lines are pretty simple, but i'm at a time right now where i just can't describe the emotions i'm feeling so just hearing what i feel come to life through lines like that just make me dig the song even more. Sorry for goin off topic..

Edited by nkramar

His lyrics are so random, he sounds like a clean Eminem, just making words rhyme for the sake of rhyming.

You've taken one of the stand out lyricists, who's work pretty much transcended a genre of music as an example of someone who makes words 'rhyme for the sake of rhyming'. That's a massive thing to say.

By the very nature of Mike writing from a hip hop background his lyrics are going to be more complex as hip hop songs are usually 1)containing more lyrics and 2)contain more complex rhyming schemes than Chester who has said quite a few times he writes good pop songs. Good pop songs by the very definition are usually going to have simple (ish) lyrics.

Anyway comparing lyrics is somewhat down to opinion because something cheesy-worthy to one person may be heartfelt and emotional to others. No one can really evidence that Mike or Chester is a better lyricist than the other but you can throw a pretty good case in there that Mike writes more complex stuff.

Back on topic....Crawl Back In when I assess it,is a really simple song, basic lyrics and the solo fells somewhat forced in, but I still can't stop singing the catchy chorus to myself.

You've taken one of the stand out lyricists, who's work pretty much transcended a genre of music as an example of someone who makes words 'rhyme for the sake of rhyming'. That's a massive thing to say.

By the very nature of Mike writing from a hip hop background his lyrics are going to be more complex as hip hop songs are usually 1)containing more lyrics and 2)contain more complex rhyming schemes than Chester who has said quite a few times he writes good pop songs. Good pop songs by the very definition are usually going to have simple (ish) lyrics.

Anyway comparing lyrics is somewhat down to opinion because something cheesy-worthy to one person may be heartfelt and emotional to others. No one can really evidence that Mike or Chester is a better lyricist than the other but you can throw a pretty good case in there that Mike writes more complex stuff.

I know I dissed Eminem with the line that he makes words rhyme for the sake of rhyming ( at times), but you can't even compare Eminem to Mike. Em's MILES AND MILES the better lyricist. PM if you want to get in a debate about it but it's no contest. He's a genius at wordplay and rhyming schemes. His music is offensive as if the subject matter, but the guy is just a genius. Hard to describe him. I'm a huge hip hop fan, and he's just in a class of his own his style is unique. Don't take the songs on his radio for what he's capable of.

As for Mike, I agree for what you said when it comes to LP songs, and comparing who's the better lyricist between Mike and Ches is subjective at the end of the day. I wouldn't say Mike writes more complex stuff, i think he just comes up with more complex schemes. The lyrics are just as simple as Chester, but what Chester does for the melody ( which mike has a hand in that as well), mike comes up with cool schemes to mesh well with an alternative rock song..

*sigh* I just came on to post about Crawl Back In and what's here? Basically an argument over who's better, Mike or Chester. <_< I have a feeling there will be a lot more of this.

As to the TOPIC, I really liked the song. Great beat and lyrics. I can't wait for October 13!!!

For one thing, explain how you obtained Fire ( cant remember the user sorry )

The song is great, and its a STRONG single. WIC will be better but a song like that isn't so much suited a single.

BTW, Mike writes simler stuff, take basically all of his old lyrics, he re-uses a lot of them. Their both talented, you'll never know who suggested what in the studio, so its best not to have the debate.

For one thing, explain how you obtained Fire ( cant remember the user sorry )

The song is great, and its a STRONG single. WIC will be better but a song like that isn't so much suited a single.

BTW, Mike writes simler stuff, take basically all of his old lyrics, he re-uses a lot of them. Their both talented, you'll never know who suggested what in the studio, so its best not to have the debate.

the user name supposedly has "Fire" is "MikeShinoda4ever" and he said that tomorrow will be the link to download the song because he need "decode it because any mediaplayer can sound it"

Edited by andros

I know I dissed Eminem with the line that he makes words rhyme for the sake of rhyming ( at times), but you can't even compare Eminem to Mike. Em's MILES AND MILES the better lyricist. PM if you want to get in a debate about it but it's no contest. He's a genius at wordplay and rhyming schemes. His music is offensive as if the subject matter, but the guy is just a genius. Hard to describe him. I'm a huge hip hop fan, and he's just in a class of his own his style is unique. Don't take the songs on his radio for what he's capable of.

As for Mike, I agree for what you said when it comes to LP songs, and comparing who's the better lyricist between Mike and Ches is subjective at the end of the day. I wouldn't say Mike writes more complex stuff, i think he just comes up with more complex schemes. The lyrics are just as simple as Chester, but what Chester does for the melody ( which mike has a hand in that as well), mike comes up with cool schemes to mesh well with an alternative rock song..

Eminem is fucking amazing, he always has been, and he always will be. I think Mike is a good rapper, but nearly as good as Eminem, you can't really compare the two anyways but still. Anyways, I think BOTH Mike and Chester are better in certain ways.

the user name supposedly has "Fire" is "MikeShinoda4ever" and he said that tomorrow will be the link to download the song because he need "decode it because any mediaplayer can sound it"

owkay thanks for the info but do we have to pm him for that also =)??

Edited by Jesper