New Mike's song "Already Over" Out October 6!

martinez

It’s already on repeat

It won’t win any awards, but this is the direction I wanted so fucking badly

1 hour ago, martinez said:

Added full lyrics, song credits and HQ artwork to the main post.

Credits:

Hide contents

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Vocals, Writer, All Programming & Instruments

Neal Avron - Mixer

Brian "Big Bass" Gardner - Masterer

If (he) mixed it, Spotify is fucking terrible - will have to grab the FLAC in the morning

Thought it was (the other guy that I fucking hate) based on what I’m hearing

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, martinez said:

Full lyrics

Hide contents

Bruises, broken in pieces
Spread out 'til they didn't exist
Losing sight of what's decent
And too righteous to know what you did

Maybe it's just survival
Optimistic but blind
Maybe it's just denial
Out of sight, out of mind

But it's already over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
No matter how much I want it
How bad I've tried
Nothing's there on the other side
It's already over

Floating in between places
Somewhere that the signal won't work
Hoping you could be nameless
Washed off of the edge of the earth

Maybe you're just entitled
Unaware of your crime
Maybe it's just denial

But it's already over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
How bad I've tried
It's already over

Maybe it's just denial

It's already over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
How bad I've tried

Over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
How bad I've tried

Much I want it
How bad I've tried
It's already over

This definitely feels very LP-ish in terms of both lyrics and message. Mike really feels like he's reinforcing that idea not to keep prying at the band, because that return simply isn't in the cards. And honestly, good on him. The band is, obviously, going to be sorely missed, it has been, but if that's what this is about, I'm glad we have at least something. I love Mike's solo work just as much as I love Chester's. Mike's going to do just fine and I'm more than excited to see where this new era goes.

2 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Pretty interesting new campaign on Mike's website that teases a "next phase of adoption" a week from now after you play a little interactive game, I wonder what it could be

HTTPS://WWW.MIKESHINODA.COM

I didn't get to read the terms 😭 so I'm not sure what I signed up for 😅

Edited by Rokaito
Forgot some words lol

2 hours ago, Andros said:

I love it, if there is a new album, I hope it has this direction with this kind of musical style, PT was good but I miss so much this type of music.

Mike has confirmed there is no new album coming. He will also not be playing shows any time soon.

Awesome song. This is what I expected from Mike. Using guitars in songs. Typical LP guitar sounds. If it's mixed by Andy Wallace it would have louder guitars and it would sound more heavy than it is. Mike should do more songs like this. 👌🏻👍🏻

30 minutes ago, Andros said:

So, it's just a single or he will release songs sporadically? 

Seems like he’s going the “drop a single whenever I feel inspired, make a song, and that song is ready” route rather than crafting an album and releasing that.

I wish he would drop an album and tour, as doing a single once every whenever is not going to sustain his popularity in the mainstream, especially with no touring to promote his music. I still regularly will recommend his music to people, but it’s been 6 years and he’s dropped one album and a few singles.

Not to sound dramatic, but with Mike insisting that there are no plans for an MS album or tour it’s starting to feel like he’s semi-retired at this point and is more comfortable working as a producer/writer with younger artists and just dropping a single of his own here and there. 

18 minutes ago, Justin said:

Seems like he’s going the “drop a single whenever I feel inspired, make a song, and that song is ready” route rather than crafting an album and releasing that.

I wish he would drop an album and tour, as doing a single once every whenever is not going to sustain his popularity in the mainstream, especially with no touring to promote his music. I still regularly will recommend his music to people, but it’s been 6 years and he’s dropped one album and a few singles.

Not to sound dramatic, but with Mike insisting that there are no plans for an MS album or tour it’s starting to feel like he’s semi-retired at this point and is more comfortable working as a producer/writer with younger artists and just dropping a single of his own here and there. 

In some way that makes sense to me 

4 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Mike has confirmed there is no new album coming. He will also not be playing shows any time soon.

where did he confirm it... twitter?

1 hour ago, Justin said:

yeah sad. insular single releases like that are just not as memorable. i understand if he doesn't want to tour, that takes time and effort to setup after all

but all this talk about a "new era" just makes me think of a set of songs, at least an EP, not just one (kind of short) track

22 minutes ago, lp921x said:

I hope Mike reunites with Ryu and maybe Tak for The Rising Tied 20 Anniversary in 2025. No new music but imagine even a small tour or something for it. Mike has to do something for it. His first solo album turning 20 and The Rising Tied was pretty big in underground hip-hop at the time. He worked with a ton of great artists during the Fort Minor era of late 2004-2006. I wish Mike could hook up with those guys again for the upcoming Fort Minor anniversary. 

If there's a way for then to make up,them hopefully 

Edited by Rokaito

The music video is pretty cool, no AI goofy looking shit. Song's cool even if I personally prefer the Hip Hop vibe, either way, can't wait to hear more random releases from him.

9 hours ago, Rokaito said:

If there's a way for then to make up,them hopefully 

I believe they already did years ago over that 'Welcome' unreleased remix misunderstanding, but the feeling is that their relationship hasn't been that close for a long time now. And he's more into making music with new people and not already established artists so, unlikely.

4 hours ago, martinez said:

That HT t-shirt looks good.

I wish they would've re-released some for HT20.

Edited by RentEznor