New Mike's song "Already Over" Out October 6!

martinez

So today Mike revealed that his new song is called "Already Over" and it will be released on October 6. Here are some details regarding the new release:

Official cover of the single:

54754776789679.jpg

Click on the cover for higher quality.

You can unlock the lyrics when you pre-save the song from one of the links that's on mikeshinoda.com. Also, by doing this you will be able to download some promotional materials regarding the song, ready to post on your socials.

UPDATE 10.05: a new campaign started at mikeshinoda.com.

UPDATE 10.06: Already Over Out Now! Official music video for the song:

Full lyrics:

Spoiler

Bruises, broken in pieces
Spread out 'til they didn't exist
Losing sight of what's decent
And too righteous to know what you did

Maybe it's just survival
Optimistic but blind
Maybe it's just denial
Out of sight, out of mind

But it's already over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
No matter how much I want it
How bad I've tried
Nothing's there on the other side
It's already over

Floating in between places
Somewhere that the signal won't work
Hoping you could be nameless
Washed off of the edge of the earth

Maybe you're just entitled
Unaware of your crime
Maybe it's just denial

But it's already over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
How bad I've tried
It's already over

Maybe it's just denial

It's already over
And I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
How bad I've tried

Over and I don't even know
Looking for a window
That I already closed
How bad I've tried

Much I want it
How bad I've tried
It's already over

Credits:

Spoiler

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Vocals, Writer, All Programming & Instruments

Neal Avron - Mixer

Brian "Big Bass" Gardner - Masterer

Already Over on digital services: https://mshnd.co/alreadyover

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of what became Linkin Park was always Mike's brainchild. In the beginning he needed all the elements for it to be filled by different persons because he couldn't play guitar or sing or drum. He wouldn't be the first "mastermind" behind a band's sound to go full on solo. It seems like he now has everything he needs unified in himself.

Of course there is a lot of simplification in the above and it doesn't have to mean anything. But the hints so far with "new era" and Mike playing all the instruments in the preview clips could be a statement. We all hope for (more definitive) answers and I'm just curious what the way forward will be. Let's wait and see what the song is all about. I'm mildly excited for it.

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Wild guesses about this song being about LP never returning ever again in 3, 2, 1....

Mike would never be so crass as to reveal any information about the future of Linkin Park, let alone confirmation that the band is over, in a solo single.

14 hours ago, Trumtram said:

He wouldn't be the first "mastermind" behind a band's sound to go full on solo. It seems like he now has everything he needs unified in himself.

In one of his snippets, he was very visibly drumming to the music. I know he was recently noting he wanted to learn, wouldn't be surprised if he got some help from Rob or some of the guys he was touring with in 2018. So overall, he can sing, rap, do the guitar, play the keys, sample/dj, mix/produce, and now he can drum. And I'm probably short ending that. He has the tools to do it all. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, and I wouldn't complain, either. It doesn't seem like the guys really want to continue. Rob is almost certainly a no, Brad seems on the fence, Joe is possible just because I know he's been up to stuff for a while now, and I think Dave wants to go on like Mike. It's messy, and hard to get the whole band together for another tour or anything. 

22 minutes ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

In one of his snippets, he was very visibly drumming to the music. I know he was recently noting he wanted to learn, wouldn't be surprised if he got some help from Rob or some of the guys he was touring with in 2018. So overall, he can sing, rap, do the guitar, play the keys, sample/dj, mix/produce, and now he can drum. And I'm probably short ending that. He has the tools to do it all. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, and I wouldn't complain, either. It doesn't seem like the guys really want to continue. Rob is almost certainly a no, Brad seems on the fence, Joe is possible just because I know he's been up to stuff for a while now, and I think Dave wants to go on like Mike. It's messy, and hard to get the whole band together for another tour or anything. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Plus he can do art. He is truly a capable one man band for music creation.

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Plus he can do art. He is truly a capable one man band for music creation.

That's very true, he's a fantastic artist. I'd love to see him fully continue, and I SERIOUSLY hope this isn't just a single, and is just one of many songs for an album. With every album, there's usually a tour, and he's the very top of my list to see live.

Honestly, if Mike was going to pursue a career as a "Compose everything and hire touring musician", I'd stand behind it 100%.

Sure, it would in all likelihood never come close to LP in term of popularity in the mainstream, but is that really important? He's not a nobody either, he has a solid fan base, and I'm sure he could easily sell out shows in a lot of medium-size venues.

I mean, the guy is basically a multi-instrumentalist artist with a huge repertoire of styles and sounds. He's touched on tons of different musical styles : hip hop, pop, electronic, ambient, rock, metal, even movie soundtracks. He's been producing for a lot of people too. And he's been the main composer of one of the most successful rock bands of this century. 

In my opinion, he still has the potential to release fantastic albums/musical projects in the future. I'd sure like the band to return one day but... we all know how tricky this might get. And It'd be a pity if the "Linkin Park situation" was holding Mike from going all out for too long.

Edited by Qwerty18

14 hours ago, Justin said:

Mike would never be so crass as to reveal any information about the future of Linkin Park, let alone confirmation that the band is over, in a solo single.

Does it have to be a "reveal"? It could just be about his feelings at a certain time. It could be about a few months ago, a conversation when working on Looking For An Answer years ago, etc. Saying this is some kind of reveal is like saying that "Can't hear you now" is an official press release saying he's only gonna have good days from now on

I know convos around the future of LP get tiring, but I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate about his lyrics being about that. It's not like anyone in these forums is saying they are for sure about that or spreading it as misinformation. He called out LP as his "life's work hanging in the balance" in Post Traumatic, and had "Crossing a Line" as a whole promo'd single. I see no reason why he can't revisit those motifs in a new song in 2023, though I also acknowledge that he's not the type to want to dwell. We also know he's had double entendres in the past too

10 hours ago, linkindan said:

A band with 2 graphic artists, who work alongside some amazing physical/digital media creators/artists, and THIS is the sort of shit we get on shirts

you will be surprise, there's a big demand for a t-shirt with album/single cover like this. not just Mike, any other artists do the same stuff. so, it might not suit your taste but it suits others well.

Based on the single cover art, the font is similar to "IN MY HEAD". is it possible if the track and "ALREADY OVER" is in the same universe (read as: album)?

we all know the promo poster for "IN MY HEAD" does stated "A NEW ERA OF MIKE SHINODA MUSIC"..

artworks-E0ahSAoFvUM8-0-t500x500.jpg

SAO%20Lockup.png

8 minutes ago, Stranger said:

Based on the single cover art, the font is similar to "IN MY HEAD". is it possible if the track and "ALREADY OVER" is in the same universe (read as: album)?

we all know the promo poster for "IN MY HEAD" does stated "A NEW ERA OF MIKE SHINODA MUSIC"..

artworks-E0ahSAoFvUM8-0-t500x500.jpg

SAO%20Lockup.png

Holy crap,I just realized this,I'm having a realization right now 😂 

It'll just be Mike on his own with hired musicians.

He's not making that mistake again!! 🤣

Also the T shirt is really ugly. The whole blacked out thing except for his eyes is creepy. It looks like they ran out of time on The Apprentice and just went with what they'd got.

I'm feeling really bitchy.... I must be due on my period soon.

Edited by KikiSparkle

9 hours ago, Stranger said:

you will be surprise, there's a big demand for a t-shirt with album/single cover like this. not just Mike, any other artists do the same stuff. so, it might not suit your taste but it suits others well.

This is how you do merch with album art, not this square shit:

https://twitter.com/TheOfficialA7X/status/1706768381633065298

On 9/27/2023 at 12:25 AM, Somebodyangry said:

hahah. Seriously, I am not really complaininig, I love Heavy and it clocks in at 2.50 or something like that, and my fav TTSM songs off the new record are 2.40-2.50 minutes ;)

im mostly just taking the piss. A good song is a good song regardless of length.