New Mike's song "Already Over" Out October 6!

martinez

33 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

This song actually rules, it would be a big shame if there's not at least one or two followup songs on the way of a similar energy to really make the mood come alive 

Yeah, each time I come back to it after a break of couple hours, it sounds better 😃

I'm starting to feel this is the best stuff Mike has done in a long while. It has the kind of urgency/excitement that was one of LP prime weapons, and that I've been missing in his work.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

Yeah, each time I come back to it after a break of couple hours, it sounds better 😃

I'm starting to feel this is the best stuff Mike has done in a long while. It has the kind of urgency/excitement that was one of LP prime weapons, and that I've been missing in his work.

Well said, fav Mike song since Promises I can’t keep. 

Song is a short banger and will sound even better live. The bridge could have been more substantial, but I do like the frantic energy of the song. It's for sure the most LP-like out of Mike's solo work aside from Promises I Can't Keep.

New music is always exciting, but I'm more excited about seeing him live. I missed the Post Traumatic tour, I'm not missing the next one, whenever that is.

10 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Nice, he seemed to confirm there's more music on the way even though it's not an album on his discord post. 

Yeah, more music is on the way which is awesome. Thank god Already Over is not a standalone track. I also read he's gonna tour at some point so it's not like somebody said here he's semi retired. 

https://www.google.cz/amp/s/www.billboard.com/music/rock/mike-shinoda-already-over-solo-music-interview-1235435558/amp/

A new interview with Billboard.

46 minutes ago, hellomoto170 said:

To be honest I think the song is simplistic and not that interesting - but it’s new music so I’ll take it. But let’s be honest this is not some of Mike’s best, most creative work.

Sad but true

Arright, I needed to give it the weekend to really dive deep into the song and feel for the energy, and I gotta say, it gets better with each listen. Maybe that's just me. I find some relatability to the lyrics, especially with some recent events i've personally been dealing with. While at a first glance, it's a song about LP's future, this is the thing I love with Mike's music, man. There isn't just one solid meaning. He can make it mean something to almost anyone. The energy is hype, it's not super long track but it makes you know it's here and I really appreciate it for what it is. Excited to see what else the future is gonna hold here.

8 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

AO = new music that brings nothing new to the table and it's basically a copy paste of the trendy sound of pop punk fake revival.

Except with fake Chester AI, then it's the greatest piece of new rock music eva, right?

6 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

AO = new music that brings nothing new to the table and it's basically a copy paste of the trendy sound of pop punk fake revival.

Already Over is definitely not a pop punk track. Obviously you don't know genres. It's clearly an alternative rock song.

11 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

without Chester, everything Mike did is sucks to you right? you should stick to Grey Daze man. "new" album coming soon right? haha.

if Chester still with us, surely gonna hype up this song and supporting Mike while you, as a fan, keep complaining bout it. if this is Linkin Park track with Chester singing it, surely you gonna said this is fkin holy grail. poor man. 

Edited by Stranger
-

16 minutes ago, Stranger said:

without Chester, everything Mike did is sucks to you right? you should stick to Grey Daze man. "new" album coming soon right? haha.

if Chester still with us, surely gonna hype up this song and supporting Mike while you, as a fan, keep complaining bout it. if this is Linkin Park track with Chester singing it, surely you gonna said this is fkin holy grail. poor man. 

It's been a while since Mike did an epic song.

One of my favorites of all time is Over Again and Place to start those songs hit hard.

After that every release feels generic and pretty basic

I'm sure that Mike is capable of doing more and going all out

I always feel like he is holding back.

8 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

It's been a while since Mike did an epic song.

One of my favorites of all time is Over Again and Place to start those songs hit hard.

After that every release feels generic and pretty basic

I'm sure that Mike is capable of doing more and going all out

I always feel like he is holding back.

I agree with you

On 10/12/2023 at 4:04 PM, RentEznor said:

What I've Done guitar! I smiled from ear to ear when he showed it on IG live.

didnt get to see it! do you by any chance have a vid of that live or a pic of the guitar?

was pretty sure it would have been one of his customized PRS's