One More Light: Live - December 15th

RogueSoul

Listening to LOATR now... sounds really good! I'm glad we got a proper release of this version. What I've Done also sounds good with the new intro.

Can't really help as far as determining which songs are from which shows, since I haven't listened to enough of modern shows to be able to tell. But I'm sure someone on this site will know.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody Can Save Me: Krakow 6.15

Nobody Can Save Me seems to be a mash up of multiple performances. At 3:24, Chester sings "I don't wanna let you down, no I don't wanna let you". The "I don't wanna let you" is from the 02 London performance. He messes up the lyrics before that as well, but it's not included on the album version which definitely means they used different vocal takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDEDAEmn-A

Edited by Broman

Yeah, NCSM seems to be a mix of at least two of the shows (London definitely and I'm guessing Krakow too). I noticed the lyric flub from the show they played with Jon Green the second night in London but it's not exactly the same as what's on the album. I wonder if other songs are mixes from multiple shows as well. Also, if they were mixing and mashing the songs from multiple shows, I find it intriguing that they kept bits where they messed up the lyrics.

Final list:

Talking To Myself: Sopron 6.27
Burn It Down: Sopron 6.27 (talking after song is Birmingham 7.6)
Battle Symphony: Birmingham 7.6
New Divide: Amsterdam 6.20
Invisible: Amsterdam 6.20
Nobody Can Save Me: Krakow 6.15 (edited with another performance from 2017)
One More Light: Berlin 6.12
Crawling: Berlin 6.12
Leave Out All The Rest: London 7.4
Good Goodbye: London 7.4
What I've Done: Sopron 6.27
In The End: Amsterdam 6.20
Sharp Edges: Berlin 6.12 (talking after song is Amsterdam 6.20)
Numb: Amsterdam 6.20
Heavy: Amsterdam 6.20
Bleed It Out: Amsterdam 6.20.

First, Thanks for putting my whole Amsterdam concert up this september. I love the fact that 6 out of 16 songs are from the concert I went too and worked my ass off after 20th of july to create.

The six songs on the album have been re-edited/resync'ed with the album quality. I put all six of them in a playlist

Always lovely to have a visual feel to where the source audio is coming from. Enjoy :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGLzGCC59TSQJJc9GNeV0ScuTFXBL6lfh

Geki could be right, we will take a look at it.

Our LPL team chat is currently analyzing Nobody Can Save Me and Burn It Down.

NCSM has a lyric messup at the end that Krakow doesn't have, and we can't find a show to match it up with. And it's only been played 4 times.

EDIT: Nobody Can Save Me is London Brixton mixed with Krakow, and they don't credit Jon Green when he's in the mix. "NCSM is Krakow speech -> London through final chorus -> Krakow for one line -> London through ending"

BID we identified as London Brixton because of the bridge drum sample/fill not being on OML Live version but it is in every live version that we found from the tour EXCEPT we couldn't find a video from Brixton to confirm, so by process of elimination we chose that show for it. Sopron has that sample - OML Live does not. So we are stuck again on BID. The actual performance is from Sopron but something from another show is mixed in to the OML Live recording.

First, Thanks for putting my whole Amsterdam concert up this september. I love the fact that 6 out of 16 songs are from the concert I went too and worked my ass off after 20th of july to create.

The six songs on the album have been re-edited/resync'ed with the album quality. I put all six of them in a playlist

Always lovely to have a visual feel to where the source audio is coming from. Enjoy :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGLzGCC59TSQJJc9GNeV0ScuTFXBL6lfh

This is awesome, it's like I am back, feels very unreal to hear audio of show where you have been after all that happened. But damn I am so grateful they shared this live audio and this live edit videos take it to a whole new level. :D

Geki could be right, we will take a look at it.

Our LPL team chat is currently analyzing Nobody Can Save Me and Burn It Down.

NCSM has a lyric messup at the end that Krakow doesn't have, and we can't find a show to match it up with. And it's only been played 4 times.

EDIT: Nobody Can Save Me is London Brixton mixed with Krakow, and they don't credit Jon Green when he's in the mix. "NCSM is Krakow speech -> London through final chorus -> Krakow for one line -> London through ending"

BID we identified as London Brixton because of the bridge drum sample/fill not being on OML Live version but it is in every live version that we found from the tour EXCEPT we couldn't find a video from Brixton to confirm, so by process of elimination we chose that show for it. Sopron has that sample - OML Live does not. So we are stuck again on BID. The actual performance is from Sopron but something from another show is mixed in to the OML Live recording.

The only thing in NCSM I can identify as being from London is the lyric flub (it's also not the FULL lyric flub - Chester botched two consecutive lines at London, but only one here). Jon's guitar is not present in the mix whatsoever, and even if the vocals at the end are from London, the music is at least partially from somewhere else because Chester completely stopped playing guitar when he messed up at London, yet his guitar part continues without incident here.

I literally think the lyric screwup might be the only thing from London on this recording...which begs the question of why they dubbed a wrong lyric into an otherwise fine performance?!

https://s8.postimg.org/anw2h1qar/9872482349.jpg

This is good, it confirms the countries are right.

Thanks!

As for the album - my favorites are Talking To Myself, Invisible, Leave Out All The Rest, What I've Done, Sharp Edges.

Invisible with extended intro - awesome mixing. Maybe someday Mike will release a studio version of it, I really like it.

They use this image for the back cover, while that should be the front cover IMO.

Man, Krakow had the best NCSM, IMO. They should have just used that one. Chester also messed up the first line on the CD, he sang ''I'm dancing with my demon'' instead of ''I'm dancing with my demons''. But that's a small thing to pick at, it just annoys me slightly. Should have just fixed all errors on the release - the Sharp Edges error, the NCSM errors and whatever else if there were any.

The only thing in NCSM I can identify as being from London is the lyric flub (it's also not the FULL lyric flub - Chester botched two consecutive lines at London, but only one here). Jon's guitar is not present in the mix whatsoever, and even if the vocals at the end are from London, the music is at least partially from somewhere else because Chester completely stopped playing guitar when he messed up at London, yet his guitar part continues without incident here.

I literally think the lyric screwup might be the only thing from London on this recording...which begs the question of why they dubbed a wrong lyric into an otherwise fine performance?!

Chester doesn't play on the first chorus, but there are two guitars on the album. SasstielExperience messed with the track a little and found that.

Man, Krakow had the best NCSM, IMO. They should have just used that one. Chester also messed up the first line on the CD, he sang ''I'm dancing with my demon'' instead of ''I'm dancing with my demons''. But that's a small thing to pick at, it just annoys me slightly. Should have just fixed all errors on the release - the Sharp Edges error, the NCSM errors and whatever else if there were any.

That line is from Kraków. He sang "demons" in London.

Chester doesn't play on the first chorus, but there are two guitars on the album. SasstielExperience messed with the track a little and found that.

Ahh. Nice catch.

Actually, you're wrong. Just listened to NCSM from Krakow and he clearly sings ''demons''. So it isn't from Krakow. The only part that is from Krakow is the beginning speech that leads into the song. It's a mix of London and another random show. See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELd40wt0V4wI've been listening to the audio of this specific video for a long time, and daily, for a while, I would have noticed that error, but just listen closely to both.

Here are the tweets we were going to use for the Listening Party today. :)

Talking To Myself

-This haunting show intro combines “Fallout” with “Roads Untraveled”, another creative mashup by Mike. The lyrics are quite appropriate now… and the band ended up debuting “Roads Untraveled” in full at the 10/27 Hollywood Bowl show.

-“Talking To Myself” was released as a single on July 20th, a few hours before the news about Chester broke to the public. The music video (directed by Mark Fiore) became an instant rallying point for fans, with now over 92 million views.

- The song was written in collaboration with Ilsey Juber who sang it at the 10/27 Hollywood Bowl show. It’s about how Chester’s wife must have felt when he was battling his demons.

Burn It Down

- Mike says the "Burn It Down" lyrics are about their personal stories, but there's also a layer of pop culture on it. For example, people build up a certain celebrity and they're popular one minute and in the next everybody's attacking that person - something Linkin Park actually lived through.

-Chester’s speech and “Battle Symphony” come from his last show ever, in Birmingham, England. “We have the best fans ever, I know I say it a lot, but it’s true.” Chester wore his heart on his sleeve and was always quick to show his appreciation to LP’s fans.

Battle Symphony

- "Battle Symphony" shows how the album comes alive in a live setting. Mike and Chester performed a stripped-down version of the track at European promotional appearances in March and April.

- "Battle Symphony" was written in collaboration with Jon Green, a British musician who really got along well with Chester and played a huge role at Linkin Park’s 10/27 Hollywood Bowl show in honor of Chester.

New Divide

-Chester had a vocal coach in 2016-2017 and his performances of “New Divide” were noticeably better this touring cycle compared to 2010-2015 (it’s a hard song to sing)!

-This is the seventh “New Divide” performance to receive an official release since 2009, spanning eleven albums/EPs/singles. http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=New_Divide

Invisible

-The unique intro you hear on “Invisible” comes from a bridge sample in the song (listen closely after the second chorus).

- Linkin Park first debuted “Invisible” on The Late Late Show with James Corden in February 2017, but kept it under wraps; that performance didn’t air until June! Fans will know this performance from the “falling snow” on set.

-During the recording process, Mike and Chester went back-and-forth on who should take lead vocals on “Invisible”, but they decided Mike should sing it since he wrote it about his kids and being a father to them.

Nobody Can Save Me

- “Nobody Can Save Me” was another collaboration with Jon Green. Besides helping writing the song, he actually performed on the studio version of this one as well as on the live version you hear on this album.

- The band feels that "Nobody Can Save Me" is the song that helped define the course of ‘One More Light,’ starting an emotional arc.

- When preparing to debut “Nobody Can Save Me” live, Mike said, “This one is kinda challenging; I didn't play and sing the parts at the same time in the studio. Have to practice it over and over until muscle memory takes over ha”

One More Light

- On September 18th, Linkin Park released a music video for “One More Light”, directed by Joe Hahn and Mark Fiore, which featured clips of Chester over the band’s career. It has over 60 million views on YouTube and over 5 million on Facebook.

-“One More Light” became the rallying point for fans across the world on July 20th. Mike: “The song was written with the intention of sending love to those who lost someone. We now find ourselves on the receiving end… We are so very grateful.”

- “One More Light” was written by Mike Shinoda and Eg White after Amy Zaret - a Warner Bros. Records employee - passed away following a battle with cancer. Mike’s bandmates and people who worked at Warner reacted very emotionally to it.

Crawling

-The stripped-down version of 'Crawling' was performed for the first time on February 16th, when Linkin Park released “Heavy” to the world and then went live at NRG Studios to perform “Crawling”, “Heavy”, and “Burn It Down” all stripped-down.

-“Crawling” becomes the second song from ‘Hybrid Theory’ to be performed in a piano version - “Pushing Me Away” was a staple from 2006 to 2008. “In The End” was played by request at the NYC Subway Show (May 2017) in piano form too.

- After playing the song live for so many years, Chester didn't have the desire to play “Crawling” anymore, but playing it with just the piano caused him to have a new passion for it. He said it added a new life to the song.

- Chester used to say “Crawling” is probably the most literal song lyrically he’d ever written for Linkin Park. It’s about feeling like he had no control over himself in terms of drugs and alcohol.

Leave Out All The Rest

-The brand new version of “Leave Out All The Rest” (new intro and outro) pays tribute to the 10 year anniversary of the legendary ‘Minutes To Midnight’ album.

- Like on many ‘Minutes To Midnight’ demos, Mike created the original vocal melody to “Leave Out All The Rest” and you can get a taste of it (with the final lyrics) during the new intro.

- “Leave Out All The Rest”: “It's supposed to feel like an apology letter, as though I'm moving on but I want people to remember the good things and not the bad things.” -Chester

Good Goodbye

-On “Good Goodbye” live, Mike added a second verse (from the demo) in place of Pusha T and Stormzy’s verses. At the London O2 Arena and Brixton shows in July, the band was joined by Stormzy; this version is from Brixton.

-Fans might remember Pusha T from being previously featured on DJ Vice's remix of "I'll Be Gone" on ‘RECHARGED.’ “Good Goodbye” is the only song on ‘One More Light’ to feature Mike rapping.

- The band wanted “Good Goodbye” to apply to two things at the same time: someone getting kicked out of a game, and someone getting out of a bad relationship. It’s “a song which you can use to kick people out of the door.”

What I’ve Done

- Armed with a new intro, Linkin Park turned “What I’ve Done” into an even bigger setlist monster in 2017. It already featured an extended bridge with a guitar solo by Brad… taking the song to an impressive length of over four minutes.

- After hearing from friends that ‘Minutes To Midnight’ felt like it was missing a piece, the band went back and wrote a song that would encapsulate the feel of the whole record: “What I’ve Done”.

In The End

- “In The End” has been a live staple in Linkin Park’s setlists since the beginning, being dropped from a full show only once in their entire career. http://lplive.net/shows/db/2013/20130227

-The version of “In The End” performed in 2017 was titled “Keep ‘Em Guessing” by the band. They’d all stop playing at a certain point to let the fans sing, whether it was the first verse, first chorus, etc (it varied). The fans ALWAYS nailed it.

- “I don't really participate in picking singles. I learnt that after making Hybrid Theory. I was never a fan of 'In The End' and I didn't even want it to be on the record, honestly. How wrong could I have possibly been?” -Chester

Sharp Edges

- “Sharp Edges” is another collaboration with Ilsey Juber, who also provided background vocals on the studio version. Brad was the lead writer on the song.

- “Sharp Edges” was Chester’s favorite song on ‘One More Light.’ It talks about things you're told when growing up and how sometimes we have no choice but to do something you're told not to so you can have a concept of what it really means.

Numb

- Mike says “Make some noise for Chester Bennington” on the intro of “Numb”, referring to Chester’s speech about how hard it is to play guitar and sing at the same time.

- Elements of “Numb/Encore” have been incorporated to live performances of “Numb” since the 2012 Honda Civic Tour.

- “Numb” came together quickly and almost effortlessly just one week before Linkin Park entered NRG Studios to begin recording ‘Meteora.’ According to Mike, it was chosen to end the album because it’s a song that sums up the record.

Heavy

- Chester introduced “Heavy” at the first full show of this year’s touring cycle by saying, "this is one of the most controversial songs we've ever written" - referring to the backlash regarding the pop nature of the song.

- “Heavy” is one of two songs Chester helped write on ‘One More Light.’ The band enlisted the help of two other songwriters for the song: Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter.

- The reason Linkin Park recruited a second singer for “Heavy” is because they wanted the listener to feel like the lyrics were coming from more than one person.

- The band actually recorded a version of “Heavy” with only Chester’s vocals after Julia Michaels refused to sing on it and before they met Kiiara. You can get a taste of what that sounded like on this live performance.

Bleed It Out

-The album ends with “Bleed It Out”, a live staple in the band’s setlists since it was debuted in 2007. The song has closed more shows since then than any other song, but the band took a fan’s request to close with “Faint” a few times this year.

- “Bleed It Out” is described on the ‘Minutes To Midnight’ liner notes as a party from beginning to end. In fact, the studio version starts with sounds of an actual party Linkin Park held in the studio.

- Similarly to “One Step Closer,” the lyrics to “Bleed It Out” revolve around a band member’s frustration at trying to write lyrics to the song. Mike says he rewrote it about a hundred times and the band would always tell him to start over again.

And that’s the end of One More Light Live! Covering the 2017 touring was the most fun we’ve had in many years (possibly ever). The band was in (visibly) great form on stage. This release helps fans to honor, remember, and love Chester.

OSC, I couldn't care less about, we have like a million live rips of that song, and I'm so sick of early LP at this point because I've listened to it soooooo much. COG would have been cool to have but it's whatever. I think this is a solid release for the most part. Literally the only thing I would have changed about it is having BIO from Vegas, that's it. Other than that, it's a solid release.

I only wished for OSC because of the new intro; COG was awesome with the rap verses, especially It's Going Down

But yeah, It's a great release

3 guitar parts in the first chorus, 2 of them are sampled off the album. London footage confirms that what Jon's playing doesn't match up with either of the parts that aren't what Brad plays.

They used some of the London performance, but muted Jon out completely.

3 guitar parts in the first chorus, 2 of them are sampled off the album. London footage confirms that what Jon's playing doesn't match up with either of the parts that aren't what Brad plays.

They used some of the London performance, but muted Jon out completely.

Very interesting and a great find.

Ok apparently LOATR from Brixton doesn't match up 100% either...

I really love the performance of One More Light on this album. For me, Chester's multiple voice cracks in the bridge are the highlight of this album. Maybe a little strange, but it sounds so passionate, emotional and real because of the cracks.

I really love the performance of One More Light on this album. For me, Chester's multiple voice cracks in the bridge are the highlight of this album. Maybe a little strange, but it sounds so passionate, emotional and real because of the cracks.

Agreed 100% with this. You can feel real pain in that scream, I love it.