The Future Of Linkin Park (Discussion)

RogueSoul

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that will be a concert in LA. I could be wrong, but the wording of the announcement didn't make me think it would be a musical performance.

Well I thought Phoenix is actually hinting at a musical performance. It's the most logical thing to do right? Though it would be hard for them I imagine

I have seen videos of Hologram shows with artists who's died, like Whitney Houstan or Michael Jackson (I don't believe that he died).

what do you think about this weird idea to do Linkin Park show with hologram and voice of Chester?

I watched the Michael Jackson performance and it kind of fits for a artist like him who had a choreography for every songs he played on his concerts.

I don't think that it fits for a artist like Chester who randomly did spin moves or whatever. I don't know but I rather have his voice coming through the speakers than a hologram

Yes. Looks like they are going to play them as the tickets are still for sale after it's been 5 weeks now, and LP made that statement saying they're going to build the future of the band.

I was wondering cause the concert is in circa 2 month and they need to let the fans know whether they play or not and if they still selling those tickets it would be kind of dissapointing to then cancel these 3 concerts.

I don't think the guys would want to do this hologram thing. At least I hope they won't. Let the man rest in peace.

If they do end up playing the Japan shows I think it means they'll carry on as a 5 piece. Do you guys think they're actually going to go through with them?

If they do end up playing the Japan shows I think it means they'll carry on as a 5 piece. Do you guys think they're actually going to go through with them?

I expect them to stay as a 5 piece for the rest of the year, pretty sure Mike can handle it.. but if they want to continue during 2018 they'll have to find a new vocalist.

I think it's kind of cheesy honestly. Most of the hologram performances happened because there was no new era coming.

Tupac and MJ were solo artists. Their hologram performances are basically a novelty thing. Ronnie James Dio has a hologram because the band IS Dio and the band is older now. They're a legacy act.

LP has always been more than just Chester and more than just Mike. Also, the members of LP are relatively young. 40 is not old and the band has said repeatedly that they don't want to become a novelty/legacy act. I think the band would rather try and find a creative way to move on while still honoring Chester rather than touring and using a hologram and playback to try and still stay the same.

This is going to sound corny, but that would be the band "holding on to what they haven't got", so to speak...

I think it's kind of cheesy honestly. Most of the hologram performances happened because there was no new era coming.

Tupac and MJ were solo artists. Their hologram performances are basically a novelty thing. Ronnie James Dio has a hologram because the band IS Dio and the band is older now. They're a legacy act.

LP has always been more than just Chester and more than just Mike. Also, the members of LP are relatively young. 40 is not old and the band has said repeatedly that they don't want to become a novelty/legacy act. I think the band would rather try and find a creative way to move on while still honoring Chester rather than touring and using a hologram and playback to try and still stay the same.

This is going to sound corny, but that would be the band "holding on to what they haven't got", so to speak...

Super quote this, it s hard to say but at this point they have to honour and mourn him for the legend he was BUT somewhere in time they ll have to move on as a band if they want to continue. I think they ll always honour Chester in some ways on stage, but continuing with the hologram thing would just be painful and stale as time goes on. In some years I WANT to see new music from the band and be excited about it. It ll never be the same but LP is and was 6 people making the music they love, Chester was absolutely crucial for them but the other 5 are creatively really powerful and I have faith they ll come up with great stuff

You have to find another vocalist who knows how to sing all the songs on the LP, preferably someone younger, it may seem strange but it will not be bad, Linkin Park was not just Chester, it was the 6 besides the big repertoire that the band has, band Are you sure of all audiences and new accounts, whatever you like. Time goes on !

First off if lp do get a new singer there not going for some guy who sounds and mimics chester. Chester was the only singer for lp that sang and screamed like that there not gonna go for some copy cat. If they got a new singer they would go for something new that suited the band as of now a copy cat singer would just be kinda sad thing to do and dishonour Chester. I prefer mike taking over but if not then a new style of singer starting a fresh but still honouring Chester

Any metalcore vocalist would work, since they can both scream and sing and do aggressive vocals, etc. Tons and tons of singers out there they could choose. I know they're grieving still but they need to consider the future of the band. Don't leave it as a guess to the fans. Are they continue or not and in what capacity? It's not fair that everyone in the band has to throw away their career and all the fans have to throw away their favorite band because one person committed suicide. It won't be the same without Chester, but who the hell expects it to? They could find a metalcore vocalist and do a big tour, record some new music, etc. Maybe even re-record some of the old music.

I really like the idea with Jeff Gutt!

He has his own vocal style.

It is not about to"replace" chester with someone similar.

Impossible!!! It's much more:find a new vocalist who can fill the gap.

Yesterday I checked the vocals Gutt did with dry cell.

He can sing and scream.

As said before here in the forum just check what he did at x factor.

Of course he has not chesters voice. And this is the point.

We don't need a new chester and don't need a clown like DPARK.

He looks like chester.... maybe! But someone how think mike and the rest would ever

choose somebody like DPARK,that does not know anything about mike rob brad joe and dave

Edited by Frank1984

Austin would have actually been a decent fit but the reason that he quit Of Mice & Men was because of his health issues that prevented him from touring pretty much. I don't think that would be a good fit for a band like Linkin Park who tours a lot and is always making music when not.

If they chose a metalcore vocalist, it wouldn't really be ''similar'' to Chester. I mean they will need someone who can scream and sing, so of course it will be similar in that sense. But nobody in the world really sounds similar to Chester, at least not to me, or Mike Shinoda, since he says that in the Making Of Minutes To Midnight DVD. He says ''I consider Chester one of the best singers of our time. I challenge anyone to sing a song that he sings, to cover the song, and make it sound anything like him, you can't do it.'' But anyways, there are tons of great metalcore vocalists out there. I could name a ton. Even probably some great ones who have yet to be really discovered in the public eye. Look at the roster for Warped Tour each year in the past like 8 years and you'll find a good one.

Jeff Gutt has already said he has no interest in being the lead singer for Linkin Park, and I really don't understand the hard-on everyone has for him on this site. He was a generic nu-metal vocalist almost 20 years ago. Sure, he sounded good singing Hallelujah, but cmon. We are talking about fronting Linkin Park here.

Austin would have actually been a decent fit but the reason that he quit Of Mice & Men was because of his health issues that prevented him from touring pretty much. I don't think that would be a good fit for a band like Linkin Park who tours a lot and is always making music when not.

Agreed.