Linkin Park Debuts 'Heavy' Music Video

GlassCastles

The band has kept the music video for 'Heavy' under wraps for the last few months, but the video is finally here! Linkin Park & Kiiara's music video for the first single from the band's seventh album One More Light is out now!

Linkin Park has been working on this video for a little over a month at this point. Filming first allegedly started back in the beginning of February - we learned about it just as we learned about Kiiara featuring on the single! The original description of the ad looking for actors described the roles as "interesting characters meet in a therapy session." The filming took place on February 6 and 7, in partnership with Mercedes-AMG, who also sponsored the band's China tour in 2015. On top of that filming, the band was also filmed performing at The Whisky for some promo shots for Mercedes-AMG's 50-year anniversary.

While not the music video, it is also worth noting that the lyric video (directed by Aaron Himes) for 'Heavy' has surpassed 14 and a half million views since it was uploaded on February 16 - that's pretty damn impressive! 'Heavy' is doing incredibly well on the charts, all things considered, and hopefully this music video will give the song another push to help it keep going.

What are your thoughts on the 'Heavy' music video? It's the first music video we've seen since 'Darker Than Blood' in 2015, and the first solely Linkin Park music video since 2014. Are you excited to see more videos for upcoming singles from the record? Make sure to read up on 'Heavy' and One More Light on Linkinpedia - there's loads and loads of information to prepare you for the album release in May. In other LP news, the band may be performing some surprise shows this month and the band's November Asia Tour is expected to be announced in mid-April.

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page to make sure you don't miss out on the latest Linkin Park news!

3/15 EDIT: The "Behind the Scenes" video has been released.

What's everyone's opinion on the product placement?

It was pretty tastefully done in my opinion. We all knew it was coming, so for the car to only be in the video for less than 10 seconds, I would say it's not that big of a deal.

What's everyone's opinion on the product placement?

For me, it feels forced and kind of out of place. You have a lot of scenes going really fast in the beginning and then they just focus on the car for a really long time. But like everyone said, at least it was only shown once.

With the exception of Final Masquerade, Linkin Park music videos from the past decade or so have more or less been things that I watch once, shrug, then forget about. This isn't going to be any exception.

Salty lol. Anyway, if you think this isn't better than GATS' music video then I really don't even know what to say except laugh.

For me that even isn't a music video so I am not including it. its almost like an extended trailer for a game with the LP song behind it.