Linkin Park heading to Japan in November

hahninator

H.I.P. has confirmed that Linkin Park will be touring Japan in November. Mike has also just added on KROQ that the band has a full Asian Tour booked for this year.

Stay tuned for more information as dates will be released soon. Linkin Park's last visit to Japan was for Summer Sonic 2013, but the last time they headlined anything besides a festival was for A Thousand Suns in September 2011. It has been a long time coming.

Source: http://www.hipjpn.co.jp/live/lp/

3/7 EDIT: This page says that the dates will be announced in April. @LinkinPark_JPN adds that it will be in the middle of the month.

Hope that Hong Kong is included in the tour, might also go to Japan for the show!

Hong Kong brings huge crowds for LP. It's a shame they didn't get a 2015 show for THP Tour. I hope they can find a balance like Metallica did, where they can play both China and Hong Kong.

It's time for India to get a show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chester's death was so sudden and unexpected, and tragic, that the band really has had no time to think about anything, most likely. Mike and the rest of the band seem very broken by it and it's only been a short amount of time. They also had tons of touring ahead for this album since it just came out, so it's probably very hectic for them to change or cancel all of it, probably even some stuff we didn't even know about.

I can't imagine they'll end up playing these shows. If they continue as a live band it's going to require a pretty lengthy regrouping period, which I'm sure will culminate in some type of public re-introduction of the band. They're not going to schedule anything else in support of OML after everything that's happened, so I just don't see the point in them going out of their way to throw something together for 3 shows just to honor a commitment.