LPU Chat with Rob on March 23

RogueSoul

Rob will be in the LPUnderground chatroom answering some questions on Monday, March 23, at 12:30PM PST.

This will be Rob's first LPU Chat since January 2012, and the first LPU Chat since February, which Mike hosted. Who'll be asking questions?

Chat Summary:

- A new song from The Hunting Party might be added to the live set. (This was also said for the North American Tour in January/February, so we will see what happens with this.)

- Re: Fort Minor: "Yes I've heard the rumors, keep an eye out."

- Not all of the European shows have been announced yet for August and September. More shows will be announced soon.

- An LPU Summit is going to happen in Europe (aka... it is very likely that the Summit show has not been announced yet).

- Linkin Park will return to the studio in September to record a new album.

- LP is working on scaling down their live gear/touring rigs so that they will be able to play some smaller shows, or surprise shows, or even something acoustic.

- Hybrid Theory being played in full again is possible, the 15th anniversary is in October and the band plans on "celebrating" it in some fashion.

- Rebellion is the hardest song for him to play live if it is sandwiched in the setlist between other songs. Rob would have to "run marathons" if LP makes the live set any longer. He had to do a lot of training for the current live show.

What do you think?

The only chat I ever attended with Rob was back in December 2006, I think. He gave some pretty cool information during that chat and he talked about ''Drum Song'' and stuff. Maybe I will attend this chat.

when they are going to release Berlin 2014 DVD.

THIS x1000000. 2008 was the last time they release a PROPER live album (CD/DVD + Blu-Ray). 2015 is the perfect time to release one and the Berlin show was very good, maybe the best show of 2014 besides Download Festival so I say go for it. I don't count ATS+, LT+ or THP Deluxe Edition to be proper live albums.

Who the fuck needs another DVD?

People who enjoy watching live shows on DVD/Blu-Ray? I don't like to just watch stuff exclusively online, sometimes it's nice to be able to sit down on my couch and relax and watch a live show. I know that I could just rip various pro-shots to a DVD and watch it that way but it's not the same, I like to have it fully mastered and mixed well and it's nice to have box art, etc that is from LP officially.

People who enjoy watching live shows on DVD/Blu-Ray? I don't like to just watch stuff exclusively online, sometimes it's nice to be able to sit down on my couch and relax and watch a live show. I know that I could just rip various pro-shots to a DVD and watch it that way but it's not the same, I like to have it fully mastered and mixed well and it's nice to have box art, etc that is from LP officially.

DVD's are the new VHS, it's old technology and I don't understand why LP still release concerts in that format

if I want to sit down on my couch I connect my laptop to the TV and I enjoy any show, it's too soon to release another dvd-bluray

DVD's are the new VHS, it's old technology and I don't understand why LP still release concerts in that format

if I want to sit down on my couch I connect my laptop to the TV and I enjoy any show, it's too soon to release another dvd-bluray

I always see you make this argument on here. No it's not. DVD sales are actually higher than Blu-Ray sales are currently, at least in the US it is, which is where I live. It's not really ''old technology'' if it's still selling better than Blu-Ray is. I own a Blu-Ray player and I own Blu-Rays but I still watch DVD quite frequently and so don't all of my friends and most, if not all, of my family. You are entitled to your opinion about DVD's and LP releasing DVD's but that's not to say that people out there (like myself) would enjoy another live album from LP. You can also make the same argument about downloading music. Why go out and buy a CD of your favorite band if you can just download it on your laptop? Maybe because people like me, who like to collect stuff and like physical copies of things, want to own stuff like that. There's nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Connecting the Computer to the TV is the new VHS, you have at least three better and advanced options to do it.

But, the same as the DVDs, this is the most used option for now.

Digital releases are necessary step into the future market, but now it's only the transition period so you're gonna see DVDs and Blu-Rays for a while.

There are several reasons for each of the mentions above:

- Blu-ray player isn't "must-have in every house/computer" yet.

- Some (/most?) of the digital downloads services are blocked in some parts of the world.

- Some people still wants to buy a physical thing.

So if you want to sell something internationally, currently the DVDs are the best option.

Connecting the Computer to the TV is the new VHS, you have at least three better and advanced options to do it.

But, the same as the DVDs, this is the most used option for now.

Digital releases are necessary step into the future market, but now it's only the transition period so you're gonna see DVDs and Blu-Rays for a while.

There are several reasons for each of the mentions above:

- Blu-ray player isn't "must-have in every house/computer" yet.

- Some (/most?) of the digital downloads services are blocked in some parts of the world.

- Some people still wants to buy a physical thing.

So if you want to sell something internationally, currently the DVDs are the best option.

Digital videos are not worth money in the form in which they are now. I wonder when they start to sell Linkin Park music videos, concert films in full HD instead of shitty quality (which is not even 480p) and usually have the same price like the new DVD with the concert.

So if you want good quality DVD is your the best option right now.

Edited by martinez

Thanks for the above! I only caught the last half.

I thought it was a really good chat, Rob is so relaxed and honest and I actually believe in the next meeting he'll mention that the fans want to hear Keys to the kingdom and mark the graves.

A lot of information there, it's nice to know a little more about Rob.