New Linkin Park music coming soon?

RogueSoul

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's not going to be the Download HT set, since that's a THP preorder bonus.

Though saying that, we all know what happened with the Living Things preorder remix tracks and Recharged.

I'd bet on Mall OST.

It could be one of the following:

2) "Hybrid Theory" Live @ Download full show/proshot + audio

4) "The hunting party" b-sides (though they'll probably save these for LPU XIV)

Not gonna happen.

It will be Latin jazz reimaginings of the songs. (Soul should get the joke)

That would actually be awesome! More original and better than crappy EDM remixes. :D

-> m really hoping its the THP songs (all 10, or lesser would do xD ) performed live in the LP Studio with proshot <3

Though its a faar call :/

-> probably mall soundtrack

-> some B-sides would be really cool, altho those and MIke's FM are probably on LPU14

-> hopin it includes one good, live descent performance of castle of glass (maybe the Las Vegas 2014 one, it was the best) cuz we haven't got EVEN ONE performance of that awesome song. :/

I guess it's Rehunted, THP remix album :D

Burn It Down Remixes Vol. 2 - Ultra Mega Super Collectors Edition, Mastered for Facebook, with DVD bonus of Making of Burn It Down.
---
Sounds interesting though.

Big LOL on those comments :P

By definition and taking Mike by the word a few means 3-4 weeks but it could easily be later than that. I think it's either these two things:

- Mall soundtrack, we know that this exists and we know they probably release it. But it would be strange to release it before the movie but then again we have no exact date for that either. I think it could be easily just a digital only release, remember that the Raid soundtrack was like that too which changed later on though due to enough demand. I'd say it will hugely depend on if they market it as Linkin Park or not, which it technically isn't.

- HT live @ Download or something very similar to that, maybe even the full show. Video is not very likely since they usually take a lot more time to release that. I can see them selling the HT live thing over iTunes etc. as digital only release. The preview cover looked very similar to the "around the world" covers and they sold those over iTunes too. They used it to push THP presales but why shouldnt they sell it to the general public later on? They know that a lot of people want this.

I wonder how much they fix about the performance and if they do it's probably something from the rehearsals. Some bonus performance stuff from the HT rehearsals would be nice but I doubt it.

Some posts had some interesting ideas but I'm pretty sure it's not one of these things:

- Fort Minor, come on seriously? When did Mike even record this, all the old FM stuff was released, the b-sides and most of the instrumentals and the stuff he worked on shortly after that, that turned into something different.

- Remix album + similar, they just did something like that. I know some releases are debatable but they try not to repeat themselves especially not in this short amount of time.

- THP live: again, when did they even record this when we know they havent even played all the songs live yet.

- Hunting Party B-sides: If there are some b-sides, which we don't really know at this point it's very unlikely they'll release any of it with the upcoming LPU CD. That might change depending on how much material they have total left but usually they release this at least a year later or so.

Here's my two rings (cents);

The Mall soundtrack is a possibility. Music from the movie doesn't have to he released with the movie, it can be released prior for additional promotion. There's a good chunk of songs (minus the score again) that can be turned into an album, and the band has four of those tracks. I don't think they would release this for LPU14 because the movie comes out before November.

An acapella/instrumental album is possible but that wouldn't be too special to mention. Us as fans and part of a big remix community will.appreciate it, but it's nothing to hype up and promote.

A remix album would be a probable option but they just released one literally less than a year ago. I don't even know if they have any official remixes ready for this project.

Lastly, the least probable but very possible B-Sides or new album. Linkin Park has never done anything like this before but why wouldn't they? I mean an EP with some unreleased songs would be an exciting move, but with that happening it would change the landscape for LPU14. Maybe if they release a new album or EP containing new or unreleased songs, they can use LPU for their sessions helping nee bands like Beta State get some medium exposure.

I think we would know. Maybe a few things here and there but not a full album and recently he had no time to do this. His last project was Raid which was mostly instrumental.

Lastly, the least probable but very possible B-Sides or new album. Linkin Park has never done anything like this before but why wouldn't they? I mean an EP with some unreleased songs would be an exciting move, but with that happening it would change the landscape for LPU14. Maybe if they release a new album or EP containing new or unreleased songs, they can use LPU for their sessions helping nee bands like Beta State get some medium exposure.

They usually save this stuff for the LPU but some sort of best of like "songs from the underground" is not impossible either, there will be another one sooner or later.

Over at LPA, Mike has confirmed that ''no new album is coming''. It was most likely lost in translation, he probably said something about just releasing an album, etc. I still think we will get a Mall soundtrack, maybe available on iTunes and physical, if lucky, but that won't be for a month or so, I bet.