Linkin Park Playing Ventura, CA Vans Warped Tour

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is one of the best lp related things to happen this year. fuck, i miss this energy at shows. they really should do a club tour. i'll take this crowd over almost any other every day. they just enjoy themselves.

So where did all the hate for MGK come from?

I mean you don't have to like his music. I like a couple songs from him. (So if you hate me for that, be my guest wasting energy)

My first initial reaction was when i saw the Bleed It Out video: Woow awesome!

I really like A Day to Remember and several other bands that fit the same bill as them, but I agree with Astat 100%. Almost every single person who's a big fan of bands like that and go to Warped Tour every year are really just horrible people. They're EXTREME music elitists who just love to shit on every single band that gets radio play and does huge tours. The hipster / scene / hardcore / indie crowd is what absolutely DOMINATES the music fan base at the moment, and most everyone involved in it is just a complete dick and / or not even genuine about the music they like. It is the most ironic thing in the world that all these kids are "rebelling" and going against the mold through the music they listen to when, as Mike even said himself, all these bands are what is big nowadays. None of these guys are small time and they all want to be just as big as LP, is that not what most musicians seek out to do? Christ, all of these bands on Warped pretty much sound exactly the same too, with a few exceptions.

That said, this set was epic and I loved the guest collaborations. Thank god APFMH showed up, I need to see it played on Carnivores.

Notes to add to the show page:

False start on WID; Mike and Chester adressed the crowd before restarting.

Apparently Brad messed up the first few notes on the song (hard to tell for me)

Blackout samples on New Divide (I couldn't notice them)

Mike didn't rap the beginning of Rakim's verse on GATS, he started around "even corporate hands is filthy"

i dont know what are you guys argue about. all i wanna say is this show is one of the best show from them. those backdrop, with LP logo, reminds me when they touring during HT and Meteora where there's no visuals on the back. i love it. lorenzo said they recorded the show but not sure if they will release it in nearest time.

Yeah the only samples of Blackout were the reversed vocals, probably a mistake?

This show was so good the band again was on fire, it was surprising to see the reactiong of the crowd during WID, I know this is a unique show but most of the guests sucked balls, I can only save MGK and the guy that sang OSC.

Devil Wears Prada only confused Chester lol.

Edited by LIИKIИ JŽЁ

So everybody is bitching and complaining because Linkin Park was having fun and had a good time with some bands & Rappers at Warped Tour ?

Well ok then. <_< Can't complain about anything here, the band did this just to change it up a bit for one day and they looked like they had a blast. Its all about enjoying the Music.

Really cool show. I listen to a bunch of those bands and even though some of their fanbase has a poor attitude, not all of us do. I enjoy heavy music as well as what Linkin Park does and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Say what you want about the Warped crowd but they ROCKED IT! Plus the band looked like they had fun so not sure why all the complaining. Had a blast watching the videos! So some of the guests sounded bad, the point of this show was to have fun and introduce themselves to a group of people who might not have seen LP before. My favorites were Faint and OSC, and APFMH even though I couldn't really hear Jeremy.

Say what you want about the Warped crowd but they ROCKED IT! Plus the band looked like they had fun so not sure why all the complaining. Had a blast watching the videos! So some of the guests sounded bad, the point of this show was to have fun and introduce themselves to a group of people who might not have seen LP before. My favorites were Faint and OSC, and APFMH even though I couldn't really hear Jeremy.

I think if Projekt Revolution was still a thing every Summer, a lot of these bands and other bands similar to these would be on the tour. Back in 2007 and 2008 especially, a lot of the bands that were on the Revolution Stages were frequent ''Warped Tour'' bands and stuff. It's cool that LP got themselves exposed to this type of crowd, they haven't toured or played with these type of bands since 2008.

Watched the full show. Yeah the crowd rocked it and LP introduced themselves to that "crowd" and they were VERY receptive of the band. All the shit I have seen today has been SUPER positive. That whole scene of people are in awe and think it's amazing. Best comment I have seen yet: "do people realise what this means? The fact that linkin park (mainstream band) just released a heavy album, played warped, with all of these "stars" in our scene can open huge doors. like people outside of our scene might actually start giving a shit, I wouldn't mind hearing adtr or issues on the radio, obviously they won't play their heavy songs but they don't play lp's heavy stuff either way. I'm actually freaking right now, sick of hearing really boring generic soft alternative indie rock on the radio"

Nate blows the fuck up on OSC, I really like his guest spot. Awesome song to open the show with - OSC always takes the cake and rocks the show.

New Divide..."gave may raisin" is pretty annoying...just drop the song permanently since Until It's Gone takes a shit on it now and jams harder. Chester's voice cracks badly after the bridge, which Joe messes up. lol @ the Blackout samples. How did that even happen? Not hating on Joe but he really has been struggling at the Cali shows lately. I think New Divide needs to go. No need to play this thing anymore. I said the other day that I think Chester in 2014 still has a GREAT voice and he has been kicking ass live this year. I even think he's singing better in 2014 than he was from 2010-2013, but that's just my opinion (maybe someone disagrees). I do think that LP should give him adequate breaks. Even if they need to schedule shows so that there aren't two shows in a row (we know they don't do 3 in a row anymore) then that's completely fine. He isn't in A+ shape at Warped...more like B shape. You could hear his voice not being A+ halfway through the KROQ set (when he was going HARD for the first part of that set with the heavy jam songs he was GREAT then he sort of lost it a tiny bit after that when the slower stuff came around).

Surprising at the messups here...OSC v1 right? GATS v2, GATS bridge. WID false start. I will say that WID with this legit MTM studio intro sounds 100000x better than the short ticking intro they have now....oh wait then they stop it and go into the weird intro from 2014, lmao. Oh well. On one listen I can't hear Jeremy at all on APFMH and either guest on GATS. I do love APFMH coming back and I hope that this one stays around all summer. Great job by Ryan on WID.

BIO is alright. I like Faint a lot.

Overall - great idea, genius to keep it secret until the last minute and this really got a lot of credibility for LP (not that they needed it) with that group of Warped fans. Love it! Wish they'd do more secret events like this :)