The Carnivores Tour - Summer 2014

hahninator

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A girl from Japan told me once that she was worried about men of the next generation being what they called “Soushoku Danshi,” or “Sheep Boys.” This description was invented to describe people as either “herbivores” or “carnivores,” the former group being described as soft, non-assertive, and indifferent. For me, rock music has gotten a little herbivorous.

Where are the carnivores?"

Well, that makes sense of the name.

(Text taken from a piece Mike wrote for a website, for those who don't know).

Edited by Ducko

This is a pretty decent line-up..

Mars waste alot of time with stage theatrics like acrobats during changeovers but hey - it's fun, and at least they try to make the show interesting, and talk to the audience instead of the usual "thanks you guys", "how's X/Y doing tonight?" (ahemCHESTERahem). I actually think Jared's not too bad live if he can just stand still long enough. just my $0.02..

I do think a co-headline is likely, if not a fairly big set for 30stm. they are massive right now, and that graphic (if it is anything to base an entire tour upon..) shows them on a similar level, like headliners on two separate days of a festval, or co-s on a split tour.

but, this is all happening in the US, so it doesn't really affect me either way.

This is a pretty decent line-up..

Mars waste alot of time with stage theatrics like acrobats during changeovers but hey - it's fun, and at least they try to make the show interesting, and talk to the audience instead of the usual "thanks you guys", "how's X/Y doing tonight?" (ahemCHESTERahem). I actually think Jared's not too bad live if he can just stand still long enough. just my $0.02..

but, this is all happening in the US, so it doesn't really affect me either way.

unfortunately half of the songs aren't actually sung:/

Edited by Sheldor

Nice for Us people, I wish they would do an Europe Headline Tour, too. The whole Livings Things Tour they were only on Festivals in the UK and Germany, except the Admiralpalast date in Berlin. It looks like they do this again, only rock the festivals.

Unfortunately I have to skip rock am ring. We need headline tour dates.

unfortunately half of the songs aren't actually sung:/

saw them last year and don't remember those long gaps in songs where choruses etc should have been.

I only went to one date, so granted, I may have just picked a good night.

Gonna try and hit up Mansfield, Holmdel and Wantagh if possible. Awesome!! I will probably try and get a GA ticket for Mansfield and Holmdel and then get lawn ticket for Wantagh to save money.

Edited by Geki

Yeah this is a crap paint image of what it'll probably be.

Posted Image

For sure there is AFI's logo below LP & 30STM:

Posted Image

3 of my favourite bands in 1 tour. I'm totally saving up money and planning a trip to the States from Sydney.

Two excellent studio bands that can't pull off their shit live.

...Opening for another excellent studio band that used to be pretty good at pulling off their shit live, but has strained their lead singer's voice to the point that he can't do 2 days of rehearsals without struggling for the next 3 consecutive shows.

I've never been much of a Thirty Seconds To Mars fan, but I just listened to some recent shows of theirs and it seems to me that Jared improved. He is singing more than I remember, and in generally he is not more off-key than Chester (which doesn't really say much, I know). I can't help but think that there are a lot of similarities between these bands live though. A lot of backing tracks, big choruses, a lot of oh-parts, a singer struggling with his pitch. I agree that all these bands are studio-bands, but it seems like a pretty good match.

Watched the first few songs, judge for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjy7zg7WxhU

Holy fucking shit! What a big, awesome tour! WPB and Tampa are back to KICK OFF THE TOUR AGAIN IN FLORIDA :D :D :D Hell yes, and Tampa is at a baseball park. No more sound restrictions from the amphitheater there. Plenty of room for Atlanta to get added after Tampa too.

Awesome east coast run - looks like it is all easy to get to and in a row too. And most of them are before class starts for me. Three Canada shows is cool. AND THEY ARE PLAYING THE GORGE WOW. Five Cali shows.

Oh man let's rock. I am ready to see some good shit. 9+ shows at least.

Including EU ones? I hope you run out of petrol somewhere in wild haha :lol: Wish I could get 9+ shows in a year :o

No EU for now. I hope a HT in full show is announced somewhere in the USA.

9+ shows for the whole east coast is perfect. Atlanta would be 10 and there is a four date gap there. Atlanta will get added I bet. Toronto and Montreal would make it 12. WOW. Huge tour for the USA again finally - LP just NAILED it.

9+ shows for the whole east coast is perfect. Atlanta would be 10 and there is a four date gap there. Atlanta will get added I bet. Toronto and Montreal would make it 12. WOW. Huge tour for the USA again finally - LP just NAILED it.

Just need to know how many of you there'll be this year on the Smelly Zombie tour so I can get supplies to decontaminate all of you!

Only one show for me, but Philly/Camden shows are always the best!

Haha looks like santa is earlier this year :P You really sound like you just got best Christmas present ever :D

Haha looks like santa is earlier this year :P You really sound like you just got best Christmas present ever :D

Yeah man wow, I am legit impressed. At this point in the band's career, I thought they'd scale the tours down even more than what we got for LIVING THINGS. I wonder why those tours were so short. This is really nice for them and a truly awesome tour for the USA.

Europe gets a great one next I bet, in the fall. LP might be really rocking again, dang.

I hope you run out of petrol somewhere in wild haha :lol:

hahahhahaa! Same thought here XD :D

Europe gets a great one next I bet, in the fall. LP might be really rocking again, dang.

Hope so :D after this short summer tour here^^

october and november are good months to rock that shit again :P