11.01.2014 - Los Angeles, CA - MFR Philippines Benefit

hahninator

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlights of the night:

-The BEST BURN IT DOWN PERFORMANCE EVERl

What makes you think so? I just watched the performance and to me it was nothing special.

Travis Barker's drums sounded like some bongos lol

Edited by wiiesel

The setlist seems pretty cool, even though it's only 12 songs. It's really nice that they opened with OSC again. You can tell Chester was very sick. The collaborations seem cool as well. Looks like a great show overall.

Edited by Mesck547

I have to agree, this was their best burn it down. Previously I did not enjoy it live, but this i listened to several times.

Yeah I wouldn't mind them dropping it for some other song, but it sounded really good here, especially since Chester said "Building it UP" instead of ERP!

Just imagine if he wasn't so sick. You can tell he isn't well becaue he's wearing sunglasses (indoors) like he did on Jimmy Kimmel when he was sick. Plus he was basically glued to the mic stand for most songs. Somehow his screams sounded alright, at least for the videos I have seen (BIO and 1/2 of Numb that he sang).

And kickgift, your tag is amazing.

It sucks that he was sick but it really wasn't THAT bad of a show. 12 song set is a bit short, but you have to remember that they were planning on playing a 14 song set all along and there were also a lot of other bands and artists playing before Linkin Park. Would have been nice to have a pro-shot of Wake, WTCFM or ALTNC (full-band) but oh well, not much we can do unfortunately. The collaborations are great, my favorite one is WID with Mike E.

I would like to know where they who wrote this know it from.

He left the soundcheck early because he was sick. He wasn't singing all of COG during the soundcheck either, but that's usually standard for him. Sucks that happened but it's life.

After the show he told fans in the crowd when he went to talk to them that a USA tour is coming in August.

So I'm finally watching the show, and as usual, I'm noticing stuff nobody else seemed to. :lol:

-Ann and Nancy Wilson both just sang on Castle of Glass, despite Nancy also playing acoustic guitar during rehearsals.

-The Iridescent portion of the medley had an extended outro.

-Mike Einziger was CLEARLY soloing over the last chorus of In the End.

Also, that performance of Burn it Down was FAR from the "best ever." Just because Chester sang "UP" instead of "ERP" for once doesn't make up for the fact that he sounded incredibly strained, wasn't able to hold notes for their full duration, and was still going off-key.

Despite that, I wouldn't say this was Chester's worst show ever, like some people are claiming. He's done shows sick before, and this is about what he sounded like. Shitty timing, but it happens.

I also didn't think Mike E. added a lot to What I've Done. His lead work was kind of timid and unsure-sounding, and he was playing the wrong chords on a lot of the rhythm parts. His appearances on BIO were way cooler.

Also, that performance of Burn it Down was FAR from the "best ever." Just because Chester sang "UP" instead of "ERP" for once doesn't make up for the fact that he sounded incredibly strained, wasn't able to hold notes for their full duration, and was still going off-key.

Despite that, I wouldn't say this was Chester's worst show ever, like some people are claiming. He's done shows sick before, and this is about what he sounded like. Shitty timing, but it happens.

I also didn't think Mike E. added a lot to What I've Done. His lead work was kind of timid and unsure-sounding, and he was playing the wrong chords on a lot of the rhythm parts. His appearances on BIO were way cooler.

Yeah, Chester was off on some parts but the song as a whole sounded better than it has for a while. Mike's solos sounded alright but that's just because we never hear guitar solos on LP songs. A lot of their songs aren't even that great for soloing any way. Only the beginning of the solo on WID was the good part.

I think this show is maybe new 2004 Long Beach :)

That was the first thing that came to mind after I actually watched the performance.

I think this show will be fine for the TV broadcast. They'll turn the recording over to Ethan and he'll work some magic on it like he always does. Numb might come across as kind of weird with how much Chester left out, but the rest should be just fine with some typical touch-up work.