11.01.2014 - Los Angeles, CA - MFR Philippines Benefit

hahninator

Bad Religion is on at the moment, at least I assume, there is an IG post if them frim 25 minutes ago. Richard Patrick (Filter, Nine Inch Nails, Army of Anyone) is at this concert! Wish he would go on stage for LP's set for a song too, he could be another collaborator. Plus he sang in Army of Anyone with members of STP like Chester

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Religion is on at the moment, at least I assume, there is an IG post if them frim 25 minutes ago. Richard Patrick (Filter, Nine Inch Nails, Army of Anyone) is at this concert! Wish he would go on stage for LP's set for a song too, he could be another collaborator. Plus he sang in Army of Anyone with members of STP like Chester

Yes and he also did Piece Of Pie with Chester and STP recently last year. Richard Patrick is great, would be awesome.

Preston just texted me a picture of him outside trying to get in haha, apparently his tickets weren't at will call initially :P But he got in I believe. I hate him personally but whatever, glad he's there I guess.

I hope the Chinese webcast works on my computer when it comes time of the show. I will watch it on my iPhone if I have to, but I'd rather watch the webcast honestly.

I hope the Chinese webcast works on my computer when it comes time of the show. I will watch it on my iPhone if I have to, but I'd rather watch the webcast honestly.

Same. I don't know if it'll work or not. They have been filming the whole show so I am wondering if at 10:30pm PST they will stream the whole show (you know, with the obvious delay) or if they'll only stream the LP set. If they are just streaming LP, then they are legit filming the entire event for the TV broadcast in February.

Well, I can't make it until 1:30, let alone the hour and a half it will last beyond that. SOMEONE record the stream and I'll check it out in the morning.

Predictions:

The Wilson sisters of Heart on COG (given)

Filharmonic on any song with gang vocals (Ballad Medley, Robot Boy (fat chance), Roads Untravelled (hoping), etc.)

ALTNC will have something special, not sure, but Travis Barker is there and drummed to it before.

No new album debuts.

Living Things won't have anything new unless they play RU but that would be the most if anything.

I'd like to see Richard Patrick sing for something like OSC since he is at the show, but doubt it.

And finally, everyone will have their own problem with it tomorrow,

Goodnight everyone, enjoy the stream

I wonder what surprises we're in for tonight!

SETLIST:

• One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • New Divide
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' V2; Wall of Noise Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • CASTLE OF GLASS (w/ Ann and Nancy Wilson [Heart])
  • LOATR/SOTD/IRidescent (w/ The Filharmonic; Acapella Outro)
  • Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike/Chester); Outro Piano Transition)
  • What I've Done (w/ Mike Einziger)
  • In The End (w/ Mike Einziger)
  • BURN IT DOWN
  • Bleed It Out (w/ Travis Barker; Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ drum solos; Ext. Outro)
Show Notes:

- Mike rapped verse two of 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' over the extended intro of 'Waiting For The End'.

- Ann Nancy Wilson from Heart joined the band for 'CASTLE OF GLASS'. This is the first time female musicians joined the band onstage.

- The Filharmonic from the show "Sing Off" joined the band for 'Iridescent' during the Ballad Medley.

- Mike and Chester sang lyrics from 'Numb/Encore' over the outro of 'Numb'.

- Mike Einziger form Incubus joined the band for 'What I've Done', 'In The End', and 'Bleed It Out'. He had joined the band previously on the 2012 Honda Civic Tour for 'Bleed It Out'.

- Travis Barker from Blink-182 joined the band for 'Bleed It Out'. He previously joined Mike, Chester, and Steve Aoki for 'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES'. He and Rob traded off on a drum solo during the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'.

- Mike thanked everyone who was associated with the show over the intro of 'Bleed It Out'. He thanks Stryker from KROQ, Ann and Nancy Wilson, Mike Einziger, and many others.

Other Notes:

- This show was a benefit show for the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan devastated the country.

- Tickets were given to people who raised up to $250 in support of the cause.

- Stryker had a speech after the band left the stage. He thanked everyone for their work and reminded the crowd to always help others.

Edited by Soul

^ I don't believe Nancy's doing any vocals on COG, just playing acoustic guitar. Could be wrong, but she doesn't really sing a ton with Heart, Ann handles almost all of the main vocals.

Wasn't there a mic in front of her in that short rehearsal video?

Faint into OSC just opened. Then New Divide.

Tweeting the set live.

Soundcheck:

01. CASTLE OF GLASS (with Ann and Nancy)

02. CASTLE OF GLASS (with Ann and Nancy)

03. CASTLE OF GLASS (with Ann and Nancy) (Partial)

04. CASTLE OF GLASS (with Ann and Nancy) (Partial)

05. CASTLE OF GLASS (with Ann and Nancy) (Partial)

06. CASTLE OF GLASS (with Ann and Nancy)

07. What I've Done (with Mike Einziger)

08. In The End (with Mike Einziger and Travis Barker)

09. Bleed It Out (with Mike Einziger and Travis Barker)

Nothing with Filharmonc during soundcheck.

Wow! I never would have guessed Mike E. would have been there and collaborated with LP. Also, he is doing WID and ITE? He did BIO with LP back in 2012 on the HCT but this is just pure epic it seems.