Linkin Park 2014 World Tour Coming/North America in 2015

Geki

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Already 3 pages of mindless speculation on something we're going to know NOTHING about for at least 6 months. :lol:

I feel like the quote in your signature should be in displayed in huge text on the homepage Edited by LINKINMARK

I'm going to be pissed if they don't do something in the US in 2014.

I think they are. Chester said in the Kevin and Bean interview that LP might be playing some shows in early 2014, but it doesn't look like a tour or anything extensive. I just hope it isn't a one off in LA. A show in FL or something would be better IMO.

I think they are. Chester said in the Kevin and Bean interview that LP might be playing some shows in early 2014, but it doesn't look like a tour or anything extensive. I just hope it isn't a one off in LA. A show in FL or something would be better IMO.

If they go to Florida, I'm going somehow. I've given up hope that they'll ever perform in my home state again.

Already 3 pages of mindless speculation on something we're going to know NOTHING about for at least 6 months. :lol:

That's how we roll!

What else are we supposed to do - at least we have something to go on, Trent Reznor has a habit of writing 'soon' on his website and leaving fans to ponder this for months!

Make a meme! Make a meme!

If I could, I would.

What's going to be interesting is if any more songs off of LIVING THINGS are performed in 2014.

Yeah, Its kind of ridiculous that almost half the album hasn't been played live after they extensively proclaimed that these songs were perfect for a live performance.

What's going to be interesting is if any more songs off of LIVING THINGS are performed in 2014.

Not to sound negative, but I highly doubt it. I think they will keep the 'singles' off of LT at best, and still keep all the old singles they've been playing from old albums, and add in the first single from the new album, as well as potential singles from that album. I think they will only keep LITE, BID and COG. Maybe LGM, because for some reason, the band either loves playing it live, or they think the fans love to hear it played live.

When Chester said they have some things lined up for early 2014, was he refering ti STP or LP?

Interviewer: Are you still doing Linkin Park stuff? Is it full time Stone Temple Pilots? How's this gonna work?

Chester: I'd say it's full time both. It does mean I have to do a lot more stuff then I had to do before. *laughs* But I'm in the studio with Linkin Park. I'll actually be going there later today. We're working on a new record. We have some shows that'll be coming up early next year I think, and I have STP shows through early March booked. So, it's just a matter of making sure that when I'm available to either, I need to give 100%. I know this coming year is going to be very Linkin Park heavy because we're making a new record, we're launching a World Tour.

So from that I assume random one off shows in 2014 somewhere for Linkin Park, and then later a World Tour.

& why british bands are so famous? Pink floyd,The beatles,coldplay so on

They don't want to excite them any more. They play Coldplay to attempt (in vein) to put them to sleep.

still coldplay gets huge crowd response than LP,dnno what's wrong w/ us.crowd sings every single song

I was briefly famous on twitter (RTd by Hahninator and a few community names I recognised, get me) for a post that roughly said - if you really love a band - prove it, don't moan if they're not playing in a city near you: travel - it's 1/2 the fun!

I wholeheartedly stand-by my assertion, but I am realistic enough to know that this was meant in terms of travelling betwen cities in a country that's as small as the UK! (and for bands on the club curcuit that aren't yet charging upwards of £15 yet).

I have seen far too many posts by people in, say, manchester (UK) who will be upset that a band isn't playing their city, yet there is a tour date in Liverpool (30m/40km away). They'll say things like "x/y are my life!" but can't seem to fathom putting a bit more effort in to be there.

LP, or more accurately, the kind of tours LP do, are different:

5 UK dates in ~4 arenas (estimation) can be tough to fit around the rest of your life, and in the US, public transport, if I understand correctly, is a bitch. Europe is a big ol' place, and can be intimidating if (like me) you're crap at learning languages. LP being in Europe is as useful to most UK fans as those "we are the (Californian) LPU" events are to someone who lives in NY.

I honestly don't think it's hypocritical of me to be a bit disappointed that LP hasn't played in the UK in 833 days (for a one-off gig that was fucking difficult to win tickets for), hasn't played a festival here in 855 days (one of the most expensive festivals in the UK), and for not being back since their last tour date (1068 days ago).

we all want the band to play on our doorstep, it's only natural. my little statement about travelling to shows is fun and "proof" of fandom, applies to people who can't be bothered when it's on a plate, for alot of fans this last year, LP hasn't even been in the kitchen...

I'm game for making trips to see bands, but within a reasonable reach.

I'm game for making trips to see bands, but within a reasonable reach.

I am too, but there are only two problems. 1) I live in Illinois, which means fucking nothing, as this state isn't popular in the states at all. I'd have travel to New York for LP events, and even then doesn't happen very often and that still isn't really possible for me. 2) I'm only 13, so I have to rely on my parents to drive me anywhere, including concerts. Something tells me they wouldn't be jumping for joy over being in a car for me for over 12 hours, even longer if it's in California, just to go to a LP concert, also having to find something for my 9-year old sister for a couple days.

I completely understand what you mean. I don't understand the people who live in Jersey and aren't willing to go to New York for an event to see their favorite band. I'd even make an attempt to go to a place that's fairly close like New York for a listening event or something, but I can't drop everything and go to California. I'm not bitching at you, I'm just venting how Illinois really sucks for events, especially since I'm underage and can't go to California, even if I wanted to.