Linkin Park 2014 World Tour Coming/North America in 2015

Geki

[...]

I don't think you're bitching at me, you're proving my point :P I think it's fair to be disappointed at missing out because you are being missed out.

I missed LP's 2010 uk tour because I was unwilling to travel alone. I had the money and my own schedule - I could have gone! it was a confidence thing and I totally regret that now, but that was my choice - I'm now willing to do a bit of travel to see the band in my country, but I - like you - also can't just drop everything to go to CA!

you can only get older, so you'll be ready soon enough. start slowly and sensibly - you'll get there :)

you're actually lucky that you'll be about to hit an age where you can do your own thing and spend your money the way you like, right before the next stage of your life when you start having to be responsible with your time and money - a job, financing a flat, bills etc. which is what holds us older fans back!

road-tripping is about compromise:

I am willing to travel for a band that also makes the effort to travel.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely understand what you mean. I don't understand the people who live in Jersey and aren't willing to go to New York for an event to see their favorite band. I'd even make an attempt to go to a place that's fairly close like New York for a listening event or something,

Some people are lazy.

I'm not one of those people.

Coldplay can play stadiums and shit now because they are so huge in Europe. In the USA they play the exact same venues Linkin Park plays. And internationally they play the same venues LP plays. In Europe due to their last album being so pop (meaning tons of fans), receiving great airplay, Viva La Vida doing epic before that, and the general fact that Europe kicks ass....they can play huge venues. Linkin Park could probably pull it off in the UK, Germany and France if the first single on the new album goes huge. Remember LP can sell out Germany really quickly and much faster than Muse.

Yes Muse plays stadium shows in Europe too but Muse arguably is a bit bigger there right now, but internationally they are roughly the same. It fluctuates with each album. Yes in Japan Muse is getting huge but in the USA, LP actually brought more fans in 2012 than Muse brought in 2013 to their USA tours. It was vice versa on the ATS Tour in 2011 and the Muse Resistance Tour in 2010-2011. It goes back and forth.

If Linkin Park really wanted to play some stadiums in Europe they could but they play it safe by packing the arenas out. Any band that has some huge poppy/rock singles like Every Teatdrop Is A Waterfall, Paradise, etc will be able to bring a ton of people. It's just about the radio at the time and shit like that.

in U.K,Coldplay plays in every single f'ing soccer stadium,why not LP?

Coldplay is a UK band.

& why british bands are so famous? Pink floyd,The beatles,coldplay so on

also, about this^^, Coldplay are a mainstream, radio-friendly band that appeals to all ages, they collaborated with a mainstream pop artist (Rihanna), and they put one fuck of a lot of effort into making their live shows an event, not just a concert (the light-up wristbands, the butterfly confetti).

LP are a borderline on UK radio, they don't appeal to all ages, they collaborate with hip-hop/EDM artists who are not household names, and their shows are nothing like Coldplay's for production.

the UK has tons of famous/big bands because we are a developed, multi-cultural, and relatively liberal first-world nation with a strong infrastructure and communications network.

the UK just happens to have been quite lucky to have managed to stay politicallly and (relatively) economically stable following its post-industrial/colonial era.

music depends upon disposable income and freedom of expression, and nowhere is this more noticable in the UK's education system, look up any big or 'classic' british band and you will find that it was either through schools or universities (particularly in arts colleges) that most of the members came to know one another:

Pink Floyd (London Polytechnic), Muse (Teignmouth Community College), Coldplay (University College London), Queen (Imperial College London/Ealing Art College), Blur (Goldsmiths College)

and so on...

UK bands are "so famous" because we just happen to have the conditions to make it happen,

Some people accept the fact that they have to travel to shows and some people rather wait 10 years (or longer) for LP to play in their backyard/walking distance.

I've been to over 20 LP shows and only 1 perhaps 2 were close enough that I had to travel less than an hour one way.

If they don't even come to your country that's a different story. I know the US is huge but some many people are complaining that LP is not hitting their city/state. LP reduced their touring a lot, there's tons of US cities they haven't come to in ages.

Road trips are way more fun anyway!

Stadium shows are just to show off, who honestly wants to see LP in a stadium? Arena shows are awesome!

Some people accept the fact that they have to travel to shows and some people rather wait 10 years (or longer) for LP to play in their backyard/walking distance.

I've been to over 20 LP shows and only 1 perhaps 2 were close enough that I had to travel less than an hour one way.

If they don't even come to your country that's a different story. I know the US is huge but some many people are complaining that LP is not hitting their city/state. LP reduced their touring a lot, there's tons of US cities they haven't come to in ages.

Road trips are way more fun anyway!

Stadium shows are just to show off, who honestly wants to see LP in a stadium? Arena shows are awesome!

I 100% agree with this post. I have traveled hours to every single LP show I have been to and it was well worth it. I have traveled to Canada to see LP, I have traveled to LA (opposite end of the country for me), etc.

It all comes down to this, for US people. If you don't live in a big city, you are going to have to travel to the shows. I live in a small town in Massachusetts, far from Boston and far from New York City, so I have to travel to those. The closest LP show I have ever been to was an hour and a half away in Hartford. You have to make the sacrifice, and it's well worth it.

It all comes down to this, for US people. If you don't live in a big city, you are going to have to travel to the shows. I live in a small town in Massachusetts, far from Boston and far from New York City, so I have to travel to those. The closest LP show I have ever been to was an hour and a half away in Hartford. You have to make the sacrifice, and it's well worth it.

This. I've only been to one LP show, mostly because I just recently got hardcore into the band, and I had to travel over an hour to get there. It was well worth it (APFMH, POA, AND WTCFM. Fucking boss), but it wasn't something I could walk to. The farthest I'd be willing to go for now is New York, and even then that's only if they don't play an Illinois date.

I can't stand stadium shows. The sound is always a bit rubbish and you feel like your miles away (the only band I've seen successfully counteract this is Green Day). Arenas are sooooo much more preferable, especially if there's a nice one nearby like the O2 in London.

And yeah, I'm pretty lucky living near London that we get most of the tours that hit the UK. I agree with the fact that travelling a couple of hours to see a band is great fun, and that once you have to get a boat/plane to see a band it becomes less fun and a bit silly.

xdespisedkidx has good dedication. My dedication extends to within the UK :lol:

So yeah, the moral of the story is LINKIN PARK COME PLAY ENGLAND PLZZZZZ

Road tripping to shows is fun...if you can afford it and don't have obligations that prevent it.

My household makes roughly $35,000 a year. We spend about $25,000 a year on bills, gas, and groceries. Then there are always unexpected bills like hospital/doctor visits since my insurance doesn't cover jack shit, or car repairs because I drive a piece of shit. On top of that, I'm getting married next year, which is probably going to cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $11,000 when all is said and done, and we're still like $4,000 short on that money...so yeah, I'm LUCKY if I get to go to ONE concert a year. The only reason I got to see Muse earlier this year was because a friend bought Katie and I tickets as a Christmas present, and even then we had to find people to carpool with because our car probably wouldn't have made it down to St. Paul and back. I also BARELY get 4 days worth of time off from work a year, and that's if I really bust my ass and put in overtime. My paid time off also doesn't roll over from year to year, so I will NEVER be able to take an extended vacation for any reason whatsoever as long as I'm working where I'm working. I'm not even going to be able to go on a fucking honeymoon after my wedding, let alone drive halfway across the goddamn country for a Linkin Park show.

tl;dr version: Traveling more than a few hours for a show isn't something I can do very often. I'm not "lazy," and fuck you if you think I am.

Edited by Astat

Road tripping to shows is fun...if you can afford it and don't have obligations that prevent it.

Nothing but truth. I still live with my parents and I'm the only one who CAN work. No car to take a road trip either. But if LP comes within a state or two (hopefully Houston since I have friends there), I'm gonna try my best to find someone who's planning on going. I've never seen LP live yet in any setting.

Nothing but truth. I still live with my parents and I'm the only one who CAN work. No car to take a road trip either. But if LP comes within a state or two (hopefully Houston since I have friends there), I'm gonna try my best to find someone who's planning on going. I've never seen LP live yet in any setting.

Take the Amtrak Crescent to Atlanta from NOLA and I'll meet you at the ATL station and take you to the show :)

this.

the only way I'm able to road-trip is that the bands I am willing to travel for, are still relatively cheap and play lots of venues in multiple cities close together. LP is neither of these things :lol:

this thread about road travels makes me remember all the sacrifices i did to see the band in the World Stage, as you may remember the tickets were for free

but i had to travel 3 times to Monterrey, and i'ts 5 hours away from my hometown

1) I had to travel to sign up for the contest and wait like 10 hours in line

2) i went to receive my ticket

3) i went to the concert

it was like +30 hours in the road... best day ever.

• 3 weeks later...