03.08.2013 - West Hollywood, CA - SSMF

they can drop LGM and raplace it with the "special" or even with just another song. the casual audience don't really care if it will dropped.

LGM sounds horrible live to me, I don't know why they even play it anymore. Yet they just keep doing it... and that's my point. You would think they realize they have problems pulling that off live, and say ok we're not gonna play this song anymore. But it's like they have their setlist and they will stand by it no matter what, which is what I don't get.

I wonder if LP alone decides what songs to play and in what order and things like that. I remember reading somewhere that Joe said he wanted to play W&K, but that he didn't have control over those things. I guess he means he was out voted by the rest of the band maybe? Cause honestly I like W&K... If they drop LGM for it I would be happy.

Edited by Lucky Luciano

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all this and twitter I'm kind of desperate to hear the worst news reporting ever! Doug sounds awesome!

I hope loads of decent footage comes out cause the snippets I've seen look amazing!

I feel so jealous and sad that I've not seen LP for so long :(

Ehh. I think the set could be modified as "SSMF V3" because of 11:00 pm curfew.

(Actually music festivals don't have encore break, so I didn't consider that.)

Maybe there are some songs in the set but not played.......lol

Edited by franktaiwan

I am starting to think lp hates all there other music. It's been years since a setlist has really been different.

i think the band "proud" of ATS, and i think about all of the ATS audience. they are getting only half of WFTE, sometimes The Catalyst too, and this album released in 2010.

I don't expect anything new from the band refering to 'old songs' they got their new/own identity and we have to accept this! :)

people will accept this if they will play new ones (ATS and LT), but they are not here and not there.. Edited by Skipees

BIO/RME as the only "we remember being Xero/HT" bit. I'm certain.

so what do I win? :lol:

I'm kidding, the first five songs choices make an amazing run altogether, and I'm glad BID is moved up so it's not quite so 'important' in the set, that song has always bugged me.

no encore is interesting, but still.

a tidy set, and at least part of RME finally got played on US soil and now it's the uk's turn

I am very jealous of everyone who got to be there :(

Some comments based on the videos I am watching: Shinoda comes out like a fucking gangster boss and rolls all over the stage damn. Really cool. I have NEVER seen the band take such a big break from shows and come out rocking like this, and we've covered shows for a very long time haha. APFMH starting the shit is just epic, right into Papercut. Wow. The energy by the band during this show is GREAT. The overall sound sounds a little rawer than usual and I like it, meaning you can hear the guitar better, etc. Even Rob is fucking slamming the drumsticks everywhere at the end of APFMH.

Interesting the entire band is out there, people yelling, then Mike shows up on the scene and the place fucking explodes, lmao. Talk about badass.

Crowd is surprisingly weak! I see people bouncing on Bleed It Out on the right but wow that was one of the worst APFMH bridges in terms of the crowd! And a hometown show too - they should have like 10k people screaming that shit. So many cameras out too. I guess it's just our society though because APFMH from Mexico City is just insane, APFMH Brazil, APFMH I guess anywhere outside of the USA starts a riot in the crowd LOL

The opening to the show though - wow. Very impressed.

Interesting Mike gives a talk before RME. I guess they think that's mega special these days whereas 4-5 years ago they'd just do it anywhere anytime if someone requested it it seems. Sucks they couldn't incorporate a full RME in there.

I'm a bit disappointed of the setlist, I expected something more, something oldschool that they never played before or played long time ago or something from LT they didn't play. But the only thing which can be called special was bleed it out with reading my eyes first verse in the bridge, which wasn't played long time ago (in munich in 2011 in Germany) and which isn't very special(exept fast rapping). Ok, I wouldn't be disappointed if they would play the ending of reading my eyes(the part Chester sing softly and then begins to scream) in the bridge of bleed it out.

Random observation: I've never seen someone complain about a Linkin Park setlist and then turn around and post a "setlist they should have played" that would actually stand a chance of happening in a million years. It seems like there's a certain group of fans who honestly think a "good" LP setlist would see the band dropping all of their non-Hybrid Theory singles and replacing everything else with songs like Figure.09, Blackout, and QWERTY.