LP's DSP Release Info Surfaces

hahninator

For those of you that have been following the news lately, you'll know that in the LPU chats with Mike and Rob they confirmed that Linkin Park will be releasing UNRELEASED DSP's (Digital Souvenir Packages) from the live shows online at http://downloads.linkinpark.com/ sometime in early January 2010.

I have asked around about the project and haven't gotten much information on it, but one (anonymous) friend has come through and confirmed for me something I think you all would like to hear.

"Linkin Park will be releasing every single show that they played on the last run as a DSP. So shows not previously available will be available. Shows that have NOT been mixed will be mixed in early January. The plans are for those shows to be posted AFTER the site goes live."

I take this quote to mean that this means everything. The promo run in 2007 (Berlin, London, Bamboozle, etc), the European Tour in 2007, the New Zealand/Australia Tour in 2007 and all of the European Tour in 2008. I still am wondering about the random one-off shows like the Music For Relief benefit (2007), Las Vegas show (2007), Club Ritual opening (2007), KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2007 and possibly even the 2009 shows we don't have.

This means we can possibly get a lot of highlights from the 2007-2009 Minutes To Midnight cycle including the only performance of 'Runaway' since 2006, 'Reading My Eyes' from 2008, the children's choir on 'Hands Held High' at KROQ 2007, Mike mashing up 'There They Go' and 'Faint' in Berlin in 2007, the show where Chester broke his arm in Melbourne in 2007 and more. This possibly might open up the chance for them to sell older DSP's someday or sell the 2010 ones in this format. Regardless, this is a HUGE step in the Linkin Park world and I think it's a very exciting time to be a fan if you like following the live shows.

One hell of an awesome win on the part of Linkin Park? I sure do believe so. I can't wait. Who's excited as I am? As usual, LPLive will work with you all to share the shows, but we'll have to see exactly what the release format is (the cost of each show, etc) first before we figure out the exact plans on getting the shows bought, uploaded and shared. Stay tuned!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a really cool thing to do, but I'm not too excited. I'll be happy to hear RME, but honestly I would really only be thrilled if we got some Meteora-era shows because of the set lists and Summer Sonic 06 because Ethan Mates really knew what he was doing when he mixed the ones we have on CD. I wonder if he mixed the whole show.

That's a really cool thing to do, but I'm not too excited. I'll be happy to hear RME, but honestly I would really only be thrilled if we got some Meteora-era shows because of the set lists and Summer Sonic 06 because Ethan Mates really knew what he was doing when he mixed the ones we have on CD. I wonder if he mixed the whole show.

We get a lot of highlights from the years so I think it's worth it to tell you the truth. Of course I wanted all the older shows too, but that might be a bit much right now when the site is just launching. Like I said, this DEFINITELY opens up a BIG possibility for older shows to come in at some point.

Look at it like this. LP puts this site up in early January, with the option to buy any already-released DSP from 2007-2009 for like $9.99 a show. In late January, they release the entire batch of 56 shows from the MTM era that were previously unreleased. They let that run for a while...LP tours in Europe in June and Projekt Revolution in the US in July-September and every show is available on that site. Say they take a break from touring in October and LP decides to put up some older shows. Something like that would make sense and is possible. The fact that this site is going up is a huge step for them and I can definitely see older shows being posted at some point.

We know they have them. Summer Sonic 2006, Atlanta 2004, LPU 2003, San Diego 2002, Docklands 2001, etc. If this release is a big success, I don't see why they wouldn't take advantage of it in the future. I like how they're doing it....slowly but surely.

We get a lot of highlights from the years so I think it's worth it to tell you the truth. Of course I wanted all the older shows too, but that might be a bit much right now when the site is just launching. Like I said, this DEFINITELY opens up a BIG possibility for older shows to come in at some point.

Look at it like this. LP puts this site up in early January, with the option to buy any already-released DSP from 2007-2009 for like $9.99 a show. In late January, they release the entire batch of 56 shows from the MTM era that were previously unreleased. They let that run for a while...LP tours in Europe in June and Projekt Revolution in the US in July-September and every show is available on that site. Say they take a break from touring in October and LP decides to put up some older shows. Something like that would make sense and is possible. The fact that this site is going up is a huge step for them and I can definitely see older shows being posted at some point.

We know they have them. Summer Sonic 2006, Atlanta 2004, LPU 2003, San Diego 2002, Docklands 2001, etc. If this release is a big success, I don't see why they wouldn't take advantage of it in the future. I like how they're doing it....slowly but surely.

If I had the space and time, I would download all of their DSPs. If I did, then I would probably be more excited about this. I actually love listening to the DSPs and live tracks and especially more than the live albums (Road to Revolution's distortion makes my ears bleed) I mean I think it's great and awesome that they're doing it, but I'm just not too excited. Note that level is subject to change.

What should we do? Take donations for every show once it's all announced and buy them all and post them here?

I like that idea.. I'd donate. There are at least 12 shows off the top of my head that I'd like to hear... Especially the one with "Runaway"!

I agree. While the DSPs are one of the greatest things LP has done in recent memory, they certainly tailored off in popularity with me. I used to be so into the things that I literally made a CD for every single DSP until about Tampa 2008, and even fairly unique CD covers for the shows I attended on PR 07 and Nashville 08. However, I stopped like after the Denver 08 show. I only have like a few from this past tour. I think some shows will be cool including Bamboozle, the Melbourne show, and the Berlin 07 show. But other than that, I don't think its that big a deal. Also, I think older shows won't be happening.

Edited by Preston

I agree. While the DSPs are one of the greatest things LP has done in recent memory, they certainly tailored off in popularity with me. I used to be so into the things that I literally made a CD for every single DSP until about Tampa 2008, and even fairly unique CD covers for the shows I attended on PR 07 and Nashville 08. However, I stopped like after the Denver 08 show. I only have like a few from this past tour. I think some shows will be cool including Bamboozle, the Melbourne show, and the Berlin 07 show. But other than that, I don't think its that big a deal. Also, I think older shows won't be happening.

Yeah they got really old for me after Atlanta 2008 and stopped digging them due to the uninteresting setlists. Even the 09 ones are uninteresting to me other than Stuttgart, and I went to 3 other shows, lol. There should be some sweet moments in the ones they release...maybe we'll discover some other cool stuff that we don't know about, who knows.

I think they'll eventually put up older shows. Not now but later in 2010 or 2011 I can see them releasing stuff from the vault. It might be something we have to work on at M&G's or something (peopl have already asked about it actually), but we'll see.

Yeah they got really old for me after Atlanta 2008 and stopped digging them due to the uninteresting setlists. Even the 09 ones are uninteresting to me other than Stuttgart, and I went to 3 other shows, lol. There should be some sweet moments in the ones they release...maybe we'll discover some other cool stuff that we don't know about, who knows.

I think they'll eventually put up older shows. Not now but later in 2010 or 2011 I can see them releasing stuff from the vault. It might be something we have to work on at M&G's or something (peopl have already asked about it actually), but we'll see.

You never know. It could, I wouldn't put it past them. I wouldn't expect it though. There's definitely some hidden jewels I'm sure in the Australia run and others, but overall they will be pretty identical to what we already have. Either way, nice move by the band.

Lots of European and Australian (NZ too) fans will be really happy about this release :) Stuff like Dusseldorf 08 with Ana's shirt being thrown up on Bleed It Out, etc, lol. Good stuff. I wonder if they will make an announcement soon on the site...I hope it's soon.