Linkin Park "Studio Collection" / Deluxe Editions

RogueSoul

The Linkin Park "Studio Collection", a compilation of all of Linkin Park's studio albums (with bonus tracks) is being released on iTunes and Amazon January 15. Currently there are no details regarding a physical release. Albums included are Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns, and LIVING THINGS.

studiocoll.jpg

Since this seems to be a release for casual LP fans, the big highlight of this release for the hardcore Linkin Park fanbase is that all songs are released in a "mastered for iTunes" format.

Additionally, there are new "Deluxe Versions" of Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns with "new" bonus tracks on the albums (from previously released LP Underground albums and more). The highlight from these is a new version of 'No Roads Left' with added drums, a different version of 'Shadow Of The Day' with the synth pad played by Joe during the choruses replaced with strings, a new live version of 'High Voltage', and also a few other live songs ('Papercut' and 'Somewhere I Belong' from Milton Keynes 2008). It is unknown when (aka what year) the changes to 'No Roads Left' (released in 2007 with MTM on iTunes as a bonus track) were done.

Hybrid Theory (Deluxe Edition) Bonus Tracks:
13. High Voltage (Live from Wantagh 2001) (New to iTunes; Studio version of the "remix" previously released on iTunes with Hybrid Theory) **First time a song from Wantagh, NY (August 9, 2001) has ever been released!
14. My December (Previously released on iTunes with Hybrid Theory)
15. Points Of Authority (Crystal Method Remix) (New to iTunes; Previously released on the LP Underground 2.0 CD)
16. Papercut (Live from Milton Keynes 2008) (New to iTunes; Song cut from the Road To Revolution audio release)

Meteora (Deluxe Edition) Bonus Tracks:
14. Step Up (Live from San Diego 2002) (Previously released on iTunes with Meteora)
15. Somewhere I Belong (Live from Milton Keynes 2008) (New to iTunes; Song cut from the Road To Revolution audio release)

Minutes To Midnight (Deluxe Edition) Bonus Tracks:
13. No Roads Left (New version with added drums; Old "original" version previously released with Minutes To Midnight on iTunes)
14. Across The Line (New version without bass on verse 1; New to iTunes; Old "original" version previously released on the LP Underground 9.0 CD)

A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Edition) Bonus Tracks:
16. Blackbirds (Previously released on iTunes with A Thousand Suns)

Some of the above tracks have been released before - find our full catalogue of "live, released" Linkin Park songs here. The page will be updated soon with LIVING THINGS songs.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$30 for 6 albums is a good deal...but who's seriously going to buy this? There's no new bonus content to give people a reason to buy these albums again, and someone who's interested enough in LP to buy 6 of their albums at once probably already has all of them!

$30 is actually a good price, yes no. Amazon shows me $50 for some reason. But it could have been way worse if they attempted an actual Best Of album. Just like Astat already said the give the fans absolutely no reason to buy the albums again.

I've seen collections like this. It's good for people who've heard a bunch of tracks on the radio or internet and are willing to take the plunge into the main canon. For people like us, absolutely useless.

Nice art though. If it was a box set with a bonus disc and attractively low price, it'd be mine.

I've seen collections like this. It's good for people who've heard a bunch of tracks on the radio or internet and are willing to take the plunge into the main canon. For people like us, absolutely useless.

Nice art though. If it was a box set with a bonus disc and attractively low price, it'd be mine.

digital release?

this is for newbies, that's it.

wierdest thing of the year. somebody know if another band do something like this before?

Disturbed has done it and Korn released all of their singles in a collection up til like See You On The Other Side. This is probably a marketing scheme to get casual listeners really into the band or something like that. Not for us hardcore fans.

Interesting to note that the iTunes edition of the "Studio Collection" includes bonus tracks (we've heard them all) and is newly "Mastered For Itunes."

I've done some research on the whole "Mastered For Itunes" concept, and although the audiophiles call it a BS term, I've found that LP's last two albums sound better on iTunes than CD, Amazon, etc. There is more compression than a lossless CD rip, but less clipping and distortion since the waveforms are not as blown out as other digital editions.

Interesting to note that the iTunes edition of the "Studio Collection" includes bonus tracks (we've heard them all) and is newly "Mastered For Itunes."

I've done some research on the whole "Mastered For Itunes" concept, and although the audiophiles call it a BS term, I've found that LP's last two albums sound better on iTunes than CD, Amazon, etc. There is more compression than a lossless CD rip, but less clipping and distortion since the waveforms are not as blown out as other digital editions.

It's not clipped and limited to 0dB like other releases, it's on lower volume with more headroom. Max volume is around -0.3 or -0.5dB.