Linkin Park "Studio Collection" / Deluxe Editions

RogueSoul

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was already "deluxe versions" of all the albums before on iTunes , which also have different bonus tracks. So they replace them with this new versions ?

Yes. In the main post I listed what was originally there on iTunes on the deluxe versions and what was new/added to them. These are like new versions of the deluxe versions, if that makes sense.

And yeah that might be possible - Warner gave the wrong MTM copy. Is it that easy to fuck it up though? lol I mean surely they'd have the right album laying around in a pretty accessible spot. Anyone notice any other changes? We might need to compare each song.

Really not liking the changes to SotD or No Roads Left.

The beauty in NRL is the build up and this just seems to make the song feel sped up with a tacky drum covering it. It's pretty much a copy and paste of the outro drums over a third of the song. Why do this? It was the best thing to come out of the M2M era.

M2M in my eyes was LP's worst release, I listen to Collision Course more than M2M. LP had to find their musical feet and this was the stumble as they did. Later releases have been much better and previous are... well you know... SotD was never my favourite but the synth adds a new cheapness to the song in my eyes. It honestly feels like someone is playing along on a cheap casio kids keyboard to the CD.

As for the 'itunes mastering'; I'd love to know if this is actually a band thing or if most of it is putting the songs through one of those 3D song improvment apps. That's what it sounds like, the only difference is that some of the levels of instruments have obviously been played with. Not sold, but it works on some and not on others.

The copy of Crystal Method's POA remix sounds better than the LPU2 release. Intruiged to see if people notice any other changes.

If you mean there isn't an explicit version on iTunes, there's clean and explicit. I feel like I might not be understanding what you said though

And I also think M2M is the worst album. It's not bad, but the others are better

I don't know if songs only get an explict tag if there is both a clean and explicit version available. But isn't the purpose of the explicit tag also to serve as a warning? That's what it's for in the podcasts section.

The live version is uncensored and doesn't have an explicit tag.

Maybe they picked the wrong song from their library.

And assuming Amazon has the right samples up, they have the correct studio collection available. Since there's shouldn't be based on the mastered for itunes tracks.

Also the LP.com news do not list High Voltage as a live version.

I don't know if songs only get an explict tag if there is both a clean and explicit version available. But isn't the purpose of the explicit tag also to serve as a warning? That's what it's for in the podcasts section.

The live version is uncensored and doesn't have an explicit tag.

Maybe they picked the wrong song from their library.

And assuming Amazon has the right samples up, they have the correct studio collection available. Since there's shouldn't be based on the mastered for itunes tracks.

Also the LP.com news do not list High Voltage as a live version.

You're right. http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/l...ions-now-availa

I guess I'll buy the whole MTM deluxe edition since there are probably more differences, and before it gets taken down.

Why would it get taken down?

Anyway, listened to the whole MTM album. No musical differences other than SOTD and NRL. The mix is vastly improved with some parts being easier to hear than they were before (the strings at the climaxes of Valentine's Day and In Pieces were the most notable things I noticed), but that's probably more due to the remastering than having different recordings or anything like that.

Edited by Astat