Linkin Park "Studio Collection" / Deluxe Editions

RogueSoul

Apart from the high price in the US itunes/amazon store. You get 6 albums for the price of one. How is that a bad thing?

There's no bonus stuff but it says Studio Collection and not super duper mega hardcore fan special bonus edition.

There also goes the whole Warner thing again. Why should the band not be involved something like this? It's so funny that everything that seems "bad" is of course done by Warner only and the band has absolutely nothing to do with this.

It's a collection for a good price, deal with it.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apart from the high price in the US itunes/amazon store. You get 6 albums for the price of one. How is that a bad thing?

There's no bonus stuff but it says Studio Collection and not super duper mega hardcore fan special bonus edition.

There also goes the whole Warner thing again. Why should the band not be involved something like this? It's so funny that everything that seems "bad" is of course done by Warner only and the band has absolutely nothing to do with this.

It's a collection for a good price, deal with it.

Here are the Mastered Albums for iTunes with Delux Content:

Hybrid Theory: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hybrid-th...ion/id590431776

Meteora: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/meteora-d...ion/id590423275

Minutes To Midnight: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/minutes-t...uxe/id590427297

A Thousand Suns: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thousand-...ion/id590434066

I just bought SIB and Papercut from Milton Keynes included as bonus tracks, they were cut from the CD/DVD so it's kind of cool to have officially released by LP. Other than that, nothing special. I don't think ordinary iTunes users should be able to buy LPU songs but it's no big deal I guess (ATL & POA (Crystal Method Remix).

is "Across The Line" different from the LPU?

Did you mean 'No Roads Left'? Because 'No Roads Left' is absolutely different to the version I have on my Minutes To Midnight tour edition CD!

This new iTunes version is kind of like the Iridescent single mix - ie, they've added in additional drums to the beginning.

Massive WTF?!

No...why would it be?

"Across The Line" titels as "Unreleased Demo 2007", and correct me if i'm wrong but lp never released demos as bonus on official album, even as digital bonus. ("Blackbirds" on ATS "iTunes Deluxe Edition" i consider as a full song).

I don't think ordinary iTunes users should be able to buy LPU songs but it's no big deal I guess (ATL & POA (Crystal Method Remix).

+1. they need release new ones (even Live tracks) instead the lpu tracks.

Edited by Skipees

Link to where you found a different No Roads Left version?

It won't let me pull up the Deluxe Editions. It says not available in the US store.

On the Linkin Park Studio Collection it shows ONLY the studio tracks, not a single bonus track. 12 on HT, 13 on Meteora, etc.

Is there a difference in any other tracks? Just NRL? Definitely news-worthy if there are different versions of songs.

No differences except for NRL really. Just higher quality of other songs than we've previously had. It's interesting about NRL, though. Makes me wonder why we got a different version than we did in 2007 + MTM Tour Edition. Hmm.

Blackbirds DEFINITELY is an improvement in quality of what I had.

probably because most people looked for a rip of song from Linkin Park 8-bit... I can't even remember the name of the game... instead of buying the game, completing it and getting the song that way. I also bet a lot of folks ripped it from youtube videos from people who had - copies of copies always results in lower quality.

I might actually bother to buy something off iTunes if NRL has been tweaked, I always feel like the studio version gets a little blank in some places, instrumentally speaking

probably because most people looked for a rip of song from Linkin Park 8-bit... I can't even remember the name of the game... instead of buying the game, completing it and getting the song that way.

What would be difference?

I downloaded the game just to get the song (since I don't have iPad, iPod or iPhone) and there's only a 128kbps mp3 file of it.

Do you get a download link for a higher quality version of the song when you finish the game?

"Across The Line" titels as "Unreleased Demo 2007", and correct me if i'm wrong but lp never released demos as bonus on official album, even as digital bonus. ("Blackbirds" on ATS "iTunes Deluxe Edition" i consider as a full song).

I know the song is labeled as "demo", but Mike said in his blog that the band finished the song before releasing it in the LPU 9.0 CD. So "Across The Line" is a "full song".

I think the original 2007 version is the one released in that european promo CD.

Link to where you found a different No Roads Left version?

It won't let me pull up the Deluxe Editions. It says not available in the US store.

On the Linkin Park Studio Collection it shows ONLY the studio tracks, not a single bonus track. 12 on HT, 13 on Meteora, etc.

i guess from this:

probably because most people looked for a rip of song from Linkin Park 8-bit... I can't even remember the name of the game... instead of buying the game, completing it and getting the song that way. I also bet a lot of folks ripped it from youtube videos from people who had - copies of copies always results in lower quality.

I might actually bother to buy something off iTunes if NRL has been tweaked, I always feel like the studio version gets a little blank in some places, instrumentally speaking

I know what you mean about NRL, but this version of the song keeps it interesting throughout. It's awesome.

Is Blackbirds a different quality than what was released on iTunes with A Thousand Suns in 2010 or something?

Also, I updated the main post with a list of the bonus tracks and moved this to Newswire since it actually has something interesting in it for the hardcore fans (No Roads Left).