Linkin Park "Studio Collection" / Deluxe Editions

RogueSoul

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way it's listed and the way you would expect it, High Voltage would be the OSC version, but it isn't when I listened to the preview yesterday, it was the live version that was on LPU2 or 3, can't remember which it was on

Woah sorry for the mistake, thanks for the heads up on that! I should have checked. Fixed it now. Was the High Voltage that was on there previously the same thing? I always thought it was the studio remix version of it but maybe it has been the live version this whole time lol

I'm curious about the quality, too. If it's iTunes "Mastered" it needs to be better than the basic 128kbps right? That's the only thing stopping me from buying Blackbirds since it's the only one not released on a CD, and I'm picky with my music

I just listened to No Roads Left, and I'm not entirely sold on the added drums. It's just the rhythm from the end of the song pasted over the second verse, and it ends really abruptly when the "real" drums come in. I dunno. It's louder and higher quality than my old copy, so I'll probably stick with this one as the main NRL.

"Across The Line" titels as "Unreleased Demo 2007", and correct me if i'm wrong but lp never released demos as bonus on official album, even as digital bonus. ("Blackbirds" on ATS "iTunes Deluxe Edition" i consider as a full song).

+1. they need release new ones (even Live tracks) instead the lpu tracks.

Linkin Park has been erroneously using the term "demo" to describe basically any non-album track they release, dating all the way back to Step Up being labeled as a "1999 demo" on the In the End single in 2001. Across the Line is a completely finished Minutes to Midnight b-side that was literally the last song cut from the album, according to Mike.

Woah sorry for the mistake, thanks for the heads up on that! I should have checked. Fixed it now. Was the High Voltage that was on there previously the same thing? I always thought it was the studio remix version of it but maybe it has been the live version this whole time lol

It's always been the studio version on every release until now.

Actually on the sample, that High Voltage doesn't sound like it's from London 2001.

Maybe a different performance perhaps? Or did they just remix the London one? But it doesn't sound like London at all to me. Anyone else?

Sounds like it might be RAR 2001 actually.

Not loving the new version of NRL. I'll stick with the original

Does anybody else think that SoTD sounds weird on this deluxe edition?Definitely sounds different to me

WHOA! SOTD is a different version! The little synth pad thing that Joe plays during the choruses has been replaced with strings!

WHOA! SOTD is a different version! The little synth pad thing that Joe plays during the choruses has been replaced with strings!

I thought so. Thanks for confirming. I didn't know what to call the change but synth to strings it is.I've been checking other tracks but so far, that's the only noticeable difference I've found

Edited by andydlp