Linkin Park "Studio Collection" / Deluxe Editions

RogueSoul

In the middle of my download yesterday they modified the content somehow, so What I've Done didn't download. I emailed Apple and iTunes Support gave me a credit for that song. How in the world do I manage to purchase the album at the exact time they are modifying it? lol. So I wonder if the WID I'm about to download with my credit is different somehow.

"Dear Mark,

Greetings! This is Divine and I am your iTunes Store Advisor for today. I hope this day is treating you well so far. I'm excited to be the one to assist you today! I know how important your time is, so let's get to the task at hand.

I see that you want to redownload the song, "What I've Done".

I checked the item at the store and it appears that the content has already been modified. While it is possible for you to redownload your past purchases, when an item is modified in the iTunes Store, or removed entirely, we no longer have access to the original one that you ordered. Therefore, you cannot redownload it back through your Purchased Page nor can we post it back to your account. I'm sorry about this.

Should you need to redownload any of your purchases arise again, you may be able to download the purchases with your Mac or PC, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Make sure though it's not present on your iTunes library anymore, because you won't be able to redownload it if iTunes can still detect it on your library. Please note again, some content may not be available for download again in certain regions, or if its provider no longer offers it on the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBookstore.

To learn how to download past purchases, check out this article:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

I understand that this is such a non-ideal situation and so I have issued a song credit to your "mark@lplive.net" iTunes Store account. You can use this to buy the individual song of your choice from the iTunes Store.

When you next sign in with this account, the song credit will appear by your account name (in the upper-right section of the iTunes Store). The next individual song you buy from the iTunes Store will use this song credit instead of your primary form of payment. Please note that song credits cannot be used for purchasing songs that are listed as "Album Only."

If you don't see your credit, refresh your account information by signing out and back in to the iTunes Store. You can find both "Sign Out" and "Sign In" in the Store menu at the top.

Thank you for communicating your concerns with us. It would be a pleasure to provide service to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have more questions. Best regards!

Sincerely,

Divine

iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

Please note: I work M-F, 4PM-1AM CT.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you."

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Across The Line is actually sourced from lossless material this time, unlike the shitty LPU CD version.

LPU WAVpost-423-1358515333.pngBONUS AACpost-423-1358515276.png

So they do have lossless demo versions in their vault. Makes me wonder why they create the LPU CDs from lossy material then. I demand Remasters! ^^

Across The Line is different. No bass on verse 1, different bass effects (synth) later on.

Good catch! Didn't notice the absence of the bass in the first verse because I was listening through laptop speakers. The bass in the second verse of ATL has always been synth though -

Good catch! Didn't notice the absence of the bass in the first verse because I was listening through laptop speakers. The bass in the second verse of ATL has always been synth though -

so now i can ask again.. i can say we got ATL demo & ATL full version?

I'm not surprised about there being alternate mixes or instrumentation during the songs. I recently purchased the new vinyl release of "Californication" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the same thing happened on that album. Wonder if it was a mistake, intentional, or just something that happens with Warner artists lol?

Damn, what the hell is going on? Why would they change WID? Does anyone have both versions pre- and post-change?

I bought the deluxe MTM two days ago and I'm pretty sure if I got What I've Done before it was changed. I can't really detect a difference, though. Hmm... I do know that the WID I got has a time of 3:26 while the regular album version is 3:35 but that's all I can tell!

Edited by Geki

Just because that song didn't download for him doesn't mean they actually changed it. Let's say they were to fix the songs, they would have replace SOTD and NRL with the proper versions, which they haven't. I talked to Mark right before he bought the album and there was something off with the price too. It was a lot cheaper than it should have been, so maybe that's what caused the trouble.

The email says "item modified" not actually that they replaced files. Then again that's just my theory of what happened.

The What I've Done album version is not 3:35 long. Mine says 3:25, itunes store too. A length difference by 1 second is nothing unusual.

so now i can ask again.. i can say we got ATL demo & ATL full version?

On what planet does a song that's EXACTLY the same as the previously released version save for the absence of a whopping 4 measures of bass qualify as a demo?

On what planet does a song that's EXACTLY the same as the previously released version save for the absence of a whopping 4 measures of bass qualify as a demo?

on the same planet that LP decide to call one release "Across The Line (Unreleased Demo 2007)" and another with very minor changes - "Across The Line". i'm just wondering.

Linkin Park has been erroneously using the term "demo" to describe basically any non-album track they release, dating all the way back to Step Up being labeled as a "1999 demo" on the In the End single in 2001.

what about "A.06", "Sold My Soul To Yo Mama", "Standing In The Middle" & "So Far Away"?

Across the Line is a completely finished Minutes to Midnight b-side that was literally the last song cut from the album, according to Mike.

so maybe this one is different and you're right. but i'm not agree with that they called every finished unreleased demo.

Edited by Skipees

I noticed a different in "Breaking The Habit"

In the original mix / master, a very audible "high pitched" noise could be heard on every bar. In this version, it is lowered a LOT, to the point where I can no longer hear it without listening on high quality headphones.

Interesting...

EDIT: The "Space Invader" samples in Lying From You have also been lowered very slightly.

Edited by MrSAI

I think I know what sample you mean in Lying From You but that's not part of the itunes sample right?

It seems to me that the whole Meteora album has more bass. The songs have a little more impact.

EDIT: Wow you are right about Breaking The Habit. It took me a while to figure out what sample you were talking about but it's almost completely gone.

I've been doing a thorough comparison and there are indeed a lot of differences, mainly in Minutes to Midnight, but also Meteora.

Haven't noticed any changes in Hybrid Theory yet, though I've heard about 4-6 different mixes of that album already. It all sounds the same now :P

Hybrid Theory differences

- Papercut - No difference

- One Step Closer - No difference. Intro guitar looped? It was before, but more obvious now

- With You - No difference

- Points of Authority - Synth during chorus more prominent, VERY minor difference

- Crawling - "ping pong" percussion in bridges quieter, with less reverb

- Runaway - No difference

- By Myself - Synth during chorus is more prominent, but again very minor difference

- In The End - More limiting. Effects on Mike's vocals sound "worse"

- A Place For My Head - No difference

- Forgotten - No difference

- Cure For The Itch - More limiting, clipping during the last "chorus" section. Sounds nasty.

- Pushing Me Away - Mike's vocal double sounds louder? "space invader" style percussion is MUCH quieter. Bass sounds a fair bit louder to me, too.

Overall... Master is louder, definitely limited more, but somehow clearer. Most differences can be put down to either compression (file / audio) and limiting. I have compared with a few other mixes of the album, and this is definitely the original album mix.

Meteora has almost no difference, but I am 99% sure this master is the same one that HDTracks used for their 24bit release of Meteora last year. Louder, limited. Less dynamic range. Session suffers the most with this, in my opinion.

The only differences I could here were...

Breaking The Habit:

"high pitched" noise could be heard on every bar. In this version, it is lowered a LOT, to the point where I can no longer hear it without listening on high quality headphones.

He's talking about this breaking the habit sample that's barely audible anymore

Lying From You:

"Space Invaders" sample is slightly lower

I completely agree, there is definitely more limiting on all of these "deluxe" albums; part of the reason that Across The Line / No Roads Left / Blackbirds sound better, because they had virtually none before.

I bought all the albums on HDTracks last year, and they sound identical to these masters. CD is so much better.

Minutes to Midnight is filled with many subtle differences, but primarily the ones everyone else has noticed. A Thousand Suns... No difference.

EDIT: HOLY S**T... This so-called "new" version of Shadow of the Day is the same as the HDTracks master from LAST YEAR

Edited by MrSAI