LPU 17 Is Here!

RogueSoul

It's been a bumpy ride for the last few months, leaving every decision Linkin Park makes up in the air. Everything's finally coming back into place, it seems. This year's edition of the Linkin Park Underground is here - welcome to LPU 17!

This year's LPU is, of course, a little different. We still have the packages with a bunch of goodies in them, but there are a few things missing; namely, an LPU CD. At the moment, it's probably very difficult for the band to sit down and listen back and the work they did in the past with Chester and pick out some things for us to hear. So for now, there's no LPU CD with this one. They could drop one down the line (before LPU 18), so stay tuned! While we may not have any demos just yet, remember that the band is releasing One More Light: Live this December, featuring live performances of songs from this year's European Tour - so there still is a "fall release" this year for the fanbase.

As usual, there are a variety of packages you can purchase. They include:

LPU Digital Membership ($10)
1 Year membership to Linkin Park Underground*
Watch all archived LPU Exclusive Videos + Stream the LPU Music Discography
Access to Exclusive Content Downloads
VIP Access to the LINKIN PARK App (iOS/Android)**
Monthly Giveaways and much more!
*All LPU offerings, promotions, and events are subject to change, availability, and cancellation. LPU reserves the right to refuse benefits at their discretion.
LPU 17 Bundle + Membership ($40)
1 Year Digital Membership
LPU 17 T-Shirt (Available in Men's and Women's)
LPU 17 Member Laminate + Lanyard
LPU 17 Sticker
LPU 17 Guitar Pick
One More Light Enamel Pin
LPU Fidget Spinner (*BONUS ITEM* - WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
LPU 17 Deluxe Bundle + Membership
1 Year Digital Membership
LPU 17 T-Shirt (Available in Men's and Women's)
LPU 17 Member Laminate + Lanyard
LPU 17 Sticker
LPU 17 Guitar Pick
One More Light Enamel Pin
Linkin Park Packable Cinch Bag
Linkin Park Tiger Master Water Bottle
LPU Fidget Spinner (*BONUS ITEM* - WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
Linkin Park Bridge Poster (LIMITED TIME OFFER - WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
To redeem the LPU Digital Membership portion of this bundle please check your email once checkout is complete.

The LPU is Linkin Park's official fanclub. Signing up for the LPU gives you loads of benefits, such as access to pre-sales, early access to venues, and meet & greets. This year will be a unique year for both LPU and the band, but it serves as a reminder that Linkin Park isn't going anywhere. To quote 'Waiting For The End': "So I'm picking up the pieces, now where to begin / The hardest part of ending is starting again."

Who's renewing their LPU Membership this year? What are you most excited for with this year's LPU? Let us know! We'll keep you updated on everything that happens in the Linkin Park camp - follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates. If you're looking for a casual place to talk to and meet a bunch of Linkin Park fans, join our new LPLive Discord community!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. For the first time since LPU 3, I won't be joining the LPU. Don't like the merch designs at all, either. And I already own that bridge poster and got a OML pin through the OML deluxe edition earlier this year. The rest doesn't interest me. But really bummed about no music. That was the only reason I would have joined.

I think it's very likely they do a digital release like for months 2-11 (10 songs?) online and drop a CD with them all at the end. Or something like that. I can definitely see why they didn't do it now, but I think they won't stop doing music for the LPU.

This is obviously a very extreme, unpredictable circumstance. Mike has to pick the songs by like August to get the stuff edited, mixed, mastered, sent off to make into CDs in mass numbers, etc and he obviously was destroyed still at that time, and had to prep for the show for a few months.

No problem on my end. Glad they're continuing it.

Wow. For the first time since LPU 3, I won't be joining the LPU. Don't like the merch designs at all, either. And I already own that bridge poster and got a OML pin through the OML deluxe edition earlier this year. The rest doesn't interest me. But really bummed about no music. That was the only reason I would have joined.

I'm waiting until they release some music too...

I'm waiting until they release some music too...

I don't think they will. And even though I'm really bummed out about it, I don't even care. 90% of the tracks we get through LPU are pure garbage anyways, at least to me. I'm only interested in hearing songs that actually made the albums, and we rarely get demos of songs that did. A lot of interesting stuff is out there that I'd like to hear, such as the original Powerless version, or the version of The Messenger with the English country pub shown through LPUTV, etc. But there's a lot more than just those that I would want to hear, so many different versions and demos of songs that made the albums that I would love to hear. But like I said, we usually just get tracks that never went anywhere and stuff like that. I understand where Hahninator is coming from, saying it's hard for the band to release demos at this time, but I did genuinely still think we would get music. Oh well.

I don't think they will. And even though I'm really bummed out about it, I don't even care. 90% of the tracks we get through LPU are pure garbage anyways, at least to me. I'm only interested in hearing songs that actually made the albums, and we rarely get demos of songs that did. A lot of interesting stuff is out there that I'd like to hear, such as the original Powerless version, or the version of The Messenger with the English country pub shown through LPUTV, etc. But there's a lot more than just those that I would want to hear, so many different versions and demos of songs that made the albums that I would love to hear. But like I said, we usually just get tracks that never went anywhere and stuff like that. I understand where Hahninator is coming from, saying it's hard for the band to release demos at this time, but I did genuinely still think we would get music. Oh well.

I am optimistic. They may not be strong enough yet... but I think we'll get some down the line.. and we still get that awesome Live CD. I don't even listen to LPU CDs that often... More of a live recording guy...

I am optimistic. They may not be strong enough yet... but I think we'll get some down the line.. and we still get that awesome Live CD. I don't even listen to LPU CDs that often... More of a live recording guy...

I definitely prefer live recordings over boring songs that never made the cut for their respective albums. I like to hear demos of songs from the albums because I like to hear how a song evolved into what we got on the albums. It's very interesting to me and sometimes they are really good, like Primo. But like I said, we rarely get demos of songs that made the albums. I never listen to any of the other tracks on the releases, so yeah, I guess it's not a big deal that we didn't get music this year.

very disappointed ive been waiting this for so long, i really do get it why there is no cd, but for me no cd=no lpu, i would prefer if they released it 5 months in the future with a cd rather than this.

I agree with you. Also for me. NO DEMOS = NO LPU.

One of my faves was the LPUX CD. They need to release something like that again.

But, I'm sure they have a ton of songs they recorded, just sitting around gathering dust. Once they have the strength, I'm sure they'll release them to show everyone how much more Chester and the band did.

Regardless, I bought the $89 package b/c I will continue to support the band any way I can.

Edited by loulax07

For those who are disappointed - You can't expect the band to chose a dozen of demos they wrote with their brother and friend over the last 20 years. A little respect please. It's only 4 month since Chester passed away and we fans may be quiet over it (Some not) but the band is/was in a whole other situation...

My membership lasts till June next year, so no need to renew it now already. And the shipping and bonus items are not worth it at this moment for me, though it is cool they offer some things. But I am glad LPU continues.

Edited by Jesper

I love to hear demos that didn't make the album cause it gets us deeper into the writing process, always so cool. Unless it's a really rare live song like HTF, ETR, VD, IP, etc., all the other ones are easily found on Youtube in good quality, but a piece of music by them never heard before? That's dope. Hope they take time to heal and release something.

Edited by Kilmer

Ordered something from the LP store a couple of days ago and already payed a ridiculous amount for shipping. Now it's even more for the package (I assume because it is bigger). This is so annoying.

Wonder how many units they ship to Europe and if it wouldn't make sense to dispatch them from Europe.

Very disappointing, definitely not joining this year. If they would like to release some music during next year it will be mentioned there, something like "bi-monthly" released tracks in 2015. Demos are NOT necesary, I would be okay with releasing second half of the live tracks which aren't on OML LIVE cd, Wastelands or Catalyst live were badass this year.

For those who are disappointed - You can't expect the band to chose a dozen of demos they wrote with their brother and friend over the last 20 years. A little respect please. It's only 4 month since Chester passed away and we fans may be quiet over it (Some not) but the band is/was in a whole other situation...

This! Some people seems doesn’t care bout the band situation. All they think is their own self-pleasure. I totally understand why this year LPU is totally different. They had to rush fornit because fans KEEP ASKING for it. Seems like they HAD to choose the merch in short time. Don’t be greedy and selfish. If you don’t wanna buy it, fine, but don’t ever question why this year LPU gonna be like this. Sigh.