LPU 17 Is Here!

RogueSoul

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those LP forums are filled with pseudo-famous people, forming the worst circlejerk i know. Sometimes we are scared of commenting something because some "popular" smartass may want to refute and make fun of everything we say.

Websites internal hierarchy fucks up with peoples egos.

Edited by vinifeijo

Way too many posts are now hidden.

This is an open discussion board where people are welcome to voice their opinion, even if it's unpopular. If you can't handle others disagreeing with you or criticizing your opinion then this may not be the place for you.

As for the topic at hand, there are thousands upon thousands of fans who have enough disposable income to eat these LPU merchandise packages up like a Thanksgiving dinner. Warner isn't dedicating time and resources to support the LPU just to be charitable. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

I'm a little disappointed that the $89 bundle costs $45.30 USD to ship. (That's like $57 CAD). I know in the past people have complained about LPU high shipping costs and they had fixed that. (Seem to recall shipping being included in package cost for some years in the past) but it looks like these shipping costs have crept back up again.

The $40 package is $20.45 USD to ship, (about $26 CAD) So I may be going with this one this time. I just don't see the value in spending an additional $93 CAD for a poster, water bottle, and cinch bag.

• 1 month later...

I just got my package in the mail yesterday. I actually somewhat like the package, I'm obviously really bummed there isn't music, but still. The shirt is good. A nice fit for once, it isn't too tight. The design is also really cool. At first I didn't like how they basically just re-used the Hollywood Bowl art, but I like it now. Looks good. Love the little bat and moth icons. The fidget spinner is badass. Haha. The guitar pick is also cool, once again, love the little bat icon on it. I also got a OML pin, which is cool, I didn't have that one yet, I only had the set of 3 that came with the super deluxe of OML. Already own a larger version of the bridge poster but it's cool to have another smaller version. I actually still have the original larger bridge poster sealed so I'll keep that sealed. I like the water bottle the most, it's epic.

Edited by Geki

• 4 weeks later...

So are we going to get LPU17 (music) after all? And what about the track by track videos of the LPU16 songs? Just never happened? What's the point of even keeping the LPU open if they don't feel comfortable giving us exclusive music anymore (they have every single year of the LPU since 1) and they also aren't sure what the future will hold, no point in having laminates and shit for the touring. Was LPU17 just a glorified merch bundle? Because the shirt was sold at the Hollywood Bowl show, just in black instead of gray. The fidget spinner was sold through the LPU before LPU17 came out, as well as that bridge poster being sold on the LP.com store months before LPU17, same goes for that OML pin and water bottle, etc. Did Mike just not want to do LPU for 17? Linkin Park isn't only Chester, there are tons of demos in the vault that feature Mike only or are instrumental, look at 90% of the ones we have received so far. He could pick 10 of those and at least that's something to shut people up like myself while continuing the fanclub.

Edited by Geki

Dude, I can't say it to you if LPU17 will k music or not, even that I want it so bad to have, but we should calm down a little. Listening to "Over Again" I realize how freaking hard is for Mike (and for the rest of guys, I believe) to listen Chester in the songs, how he made them unique. Imagine they listen to it to pick up some of them for a release. Actually, seems like a painful work to do. I understand if, right now, they decide to wait and, in the future (maybe) they do an amazing think for Chester and us but, at the moment, I think we should wait ;)

Dude, I can't say it to you if LPU17 will k music or not, even that I want it so bad to have, but we should calm down a little. Listening to "Over Again" I realize how freaking hard is for Mike (and for the rest of guys, I believe) to listen Chester in the songs, how he made them unique. Imagine they listen to it to pick up some of them for a release. Actually, seems like a painful work to do. I understand if, right now, they decide to wait and, in the future (maybe) they do an amazing think for Chester and us but, at the moment, I think we should wait ;)

Yeah but like I said, there are a lot of songs that don't feature Chester - tons of instrumentals and songs featuring only Mike. I think they could pick 10 of those and just release that as a digital album for LPU17 or something. It would avoid picking stuff with Chester altogether, he wasn't the only member of Linkin Park.

It sucks because Linkin Park and Linkin Park fans got fucked by what happened. Yes, it's tragic that Chester died, but it shouldn't mean that Linkin Park is done or that the fans shouldn't expect anything anymore. He was the lead singer, but he wasn't the only member of the band. There are 5 other members. Chester wasn't even the original vocalist for Linkin Park. Mark Wakefield was. If they aren't going to make a new album and aren't going to tour anytime soon in the future, they could give us demos and stuff. People say they don't owe the fans anything but I disagree with that. They wouldn't be anywhere without the fans in the first place. Is it that greedy to have expected for some random demos like we get each year and have been for a decade? They are sitting in vault and have been for years.

Edited by Geki

Yeah but like I said, there are a lot of songs that don't feature Chester - tons of instrumentals and songs featuring only Mike. I think they could pick 10 of those and just release that as a digital album for LPU17 or something. It would avoid picking stuff with Chester altogether, he wasn't the only member of Linkin Park.

It sucks because Linkin Park and Linkin Park fans got fucked by what happened. Yes, it's tragic that Chester died, but it shouldn't mean that Linkin Park is done or that the fans shouldn't expect anything anymore. He was the lead singer, but he wasn't the only member of the band. There are 5 other members. Chester wasn't even the original vocalist for Linkin Park. Mark Wakefield was. If they aren't going to make a new album and aren't going to tour anytime soon in the future, they could give us demos and stuff. People say they don't owe the fans anything but I disagree with that. They wouldn't be anywhere without the fans in the first place. Is it that greedy to have expected for some random demos like we get each year and have been for a decade? They are sitting in vault and have been for years.

I think they can do whatever they want and whatever they feel considering the situation. I strongly hope they'll carry on (and they most likely will) but I really hope we ll get more Chester material, I can t stand the idea that after OML we ll never hear a new song with his fucking amazing and unique voice

They certainly COULD just release stuff without Chester, but given the circumstances, why would they want to? It's the first LPU after his passing, it'd feel wrong to not include him, but like we saw with the OML Live listening session with Mike, it's still really hard to spend the amount of time listening to Chester's voice that would be necessary to do justice to the idea.

Or, going with a completely different theory, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner basically put the vaults on lockdown after Chester died because the future of the band immediately became a big question mark, and they wanted to "protect their future investment potential" or some disgustingly corporate line like that.

They certainly COULD just release stuff without Chester, but given the circumstances, why would they want to? It's the first LPU after his passing, it'd feel wrong to not include him, but like we saw with the OML Live listening session with Mike, it's still really hard to spend the amount of time listening to Chester's voice that would be necessary to do justice to the idea.

Or, going with a completely different theory, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner basically put the vaults on lockdown after Chester died because the future of the band immediately became a big question mark, and they wanted to "protect their future investment potential" or some disgustingly corporate line like that.

I have had that fear since when he died. I find it strange that NOTHING has been release that had his voice on it since he passed besides that live album. Still no Julien-K release, no Mark Morton track, no LP demos, no DBS demos, etc. I even thought maybe we would get Head Like A Hole and other tracks that he recorded with other artists that never got released. I figured all these artists would want to release stuff and honor the time they had with him. Chester had such an amazing voice that it's a shame to let anything he recorded go to waste, at least to me. I have been celebrating Chester since he died by playing his music every single day. Not a day has gone by since July 20th that I don't play music with Chester. I play it loud and proud wherever I go. I wear Linkin Park clothing a lot more often. I want people to talk to me about Chester if they see my shirt in public, etc. I don't want him to ever be forgotten.

With that being said, I know it's hard for Mike. I can't even imagine what he went through and is still going through. But I just don't want Linkin Park to kind of fade into obscurity. I know he said he plans to continue the band in the future, he just doesn't know how yet. But I still hope we can get a lot of that unreleased material and maybe some cool live content from past years released in the meantime. There are SO many demos and completed songs and live recordings that are just sitting in a ''vault'' somewhere and it's a shame for it to go to waste. ''Linkin Park'' may not be done, but Chester Bennington is. I hate to say that, but it's true. And usually when a band breaks up or a big artist dies, you ALWAYS see all this unreleased stuff coming out.

I'm not trying to attack Mike or the band or fans here. I just really miss Linkin Park and I don't know what to do with the feeling I have inside that I won't ever be able to hear Chester on something again that's unreleased, etc. While One More Light Live was a good idea and live album, it didn't satisfy me enough. Maybe I'm being selfish, I admit that. But there were multiple full shows from 2017 online and I want to hear some stuff that is a bit more rare, like all the amazing demos and live recordings we have received from the band over the years.

I have been celebrating Chester since he died by playing his music every single day. Not a day has gone by since July 20th that I don't play music with Chester. I play it loud and proud wherever I go. I wear Linkin Park clothing a lot more often. I want people to talk to me about Chester if they see my shirt in public, etc. I don't want him to ever be forgotten.

THIS! I'm really seeing myself in this quote.

THIS! I'm really seeing myself in this quote.

I know some people who won't listen to his music anymore, because it's hard for them. I've seen some people say that listening to it isn't the same also, etc. But for me personally, I've been playing it loud and proud since the tragedy happened, and I am going to continue to do so. It's cool to know there is someone else that feels that way on here.

I know some people who won't listen to his music anymore, because it's hard for them. I've seen some people say that listening to it isn't the same also, etc. But for me personally, I've been playing it loud and proud since the tragedy happened, and I am going to continue to do so. It's cool to know there is someone else that feels that way on here.

I know I have been blasting LP loud and proud since July 20th. And it's my way of coping

I'm not trying to attack Mike or the band or fans here. I just really miss Linkin Park and I don't know what to do with the feeling I have inside that I won't ever be able to hear Chester on something again that's unreleased, etc. While One More Light Live was a good idea and live album, it didn't satisfy me enough. Maybe I'm being selfish, I admit that. But there were multiple full shows from 2017 online and I want to hear some stuff that is a bit more rare, like all the amazing demos and live recordings we have received from the band over the years.

I bet we will see a LOT unreleased material and best of compilations during next years. Warner bros gold diggers will take care about that. :)

so that's LPU 17???

I thought it was a CD, so we can finally hear "Pictureboard", or we need to wait til LPU 18

It will never be released, trust me.They didn't want to pay the sample clearance for it to be released on LPU9 so it's safe to say that it's never going to be released.