New Linkin Park Almost Ready?

hahninator

A few of small things have been popping up across the web that are related to Linkin Park and new material.

On February 22nd, Mike posted a picture of Andy Wallace (Hybrid Theory, Meteora) mixing with the band. Ghost Town just mentioned in their latest interview that they are "collaborating with Linkin Park on upcoming projects".

In regards to a new song....member matttheskwirl14 posted, "My local radio station (103.3 the edge) here in Buffalo NY, just said they will have new Linkin Park to play later in the week. They said it right after they played "In The End"." He provided another update today saying, "The Dj I was talking about (twitter @jamesradio) was talking to a guy on twitter about the "new Linkin Park". He said this on the air. "It's done. There is a single and it exists. They're just waiting for the green light to send it on out. And then we can play new Linkin Park for you which is very exciting news.""

The DJ from WEDG in Buffalo tweeted....

"Single was supposed to come first week in Feb. It had been pushed back.

Friends at management/label. (source)

Rumor at this point. But told it may come by Thursday."

Rumors always start flying around before music is ready to come out, but hey, at least the band is being mentioned by label insiders and music is on the horizon. Hopefully the single comes soon.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we are almost in March, is not a crazy thing starting to think in the first real news related with the new album considering that if they will release the album for May/June/July the first stuff about the album will come up soon.

Maybe that single is for Transformers? Or maybe for Neon Future? New Album?

Well, we are almost in March, is not a crazy thing starting to think in the first real news related with the new album considering that if they will release the album for May/June/July the first stuff about the album will come up soon.

Maybe that single is for Transformers? Or maybe for Neon Future? New Album?

Or The Mall

Anyway I don't like to see them working with Ghost Town again.and I don't expect them to make something heavy But something that make a good memoirs for me.

June? I'd say the album is ready to drop in the second week of April at most. The single next week is what's most likely to happen.

For the past two LP albums, the single comes out and about two months later the album comes out. So if the single DOES drop next week, I'd say that the album will come out in May. If the single comes out in April, I'd say the album comes out in June.

EDIT: I was wrong. Just realized the only single to be released with a gap longer than about a month is BURN IT DOWN.

Edited by Geki

What if Linkin Park decided to release their new single just like Coldplay drop their "Midnight" single and Beyonce released her album secretly?

this would certainly help with leak prevention too. I can see why bands/artists are doing this - remember Mike's post about at least making a special occasion out of a pirated copy? I can see LP taking a similar route to Coldplay and Beyonce here

this would certainly help with leak prevention too. I can see why bands/artists are doing this - remember Mike's post about at least making a special occasion out of a pirated copy? I can see LP taking a similar route to Coldplay and Beyonce here

Imagine if nothing ever leaked. Imagine if we had to wait until the actual day of the single release, or the actual day of the album release. It would be so much more fun, but sadly, that will never happen in my lifetime. I know we can ''choose'' to do so, but it just isn't the same when you know it's leaked and everyone is talking about it and downloading it. I always buy the album regardless, but I will admit that I give in and listen to the leaks.

It's hard to wait 10 days when you have the full shit ready to be downloaded... I can only promise that I will not read any reviews or listen to snippets.

it is hard, well for me, I tried to wait when LIVING THINGS leaked but couldn't. I just had to listen to the album. don't worry I still bought the album at walmart. this time I would try to wait for the actual release date, maybe.

LIVING THINGS leak? there was no leak, we got it when they wanted us to have it.

Streaming albums before the release is a normal thing these days, it's only the physical releases that cause the leaks. Release everything first digital = no leaks.

Wait, what? Today is Thursday?! :blink: Well there goes my productivity for today! Though I have my doubts, I can still remember the LP drought between Meteora and M2M so every album since then seems speedy fast for me!

Also I clearly have the will power of a leprechaun as I NEVER listen to leaked music and always wait until it’s out officially and I can listen to it whole.

For the past two LP albums, the single comes out and about two months later the album comes out. So if the single DOES drop next week, I'd say that the album will come out in May. If the single comes out in April, I'd say the album comes out in June.

EDIT: I was wrong. Just realized the only single to be released with a gap longer than about a month is BURN IT DOWN.

What I've Done was released 43 days before Minutes To Midnight comes out.

Same with The Catalyst, the latest lead Singles were released at least 30 dias before the album release.

But, i really doubt that the new LP album is ready to be released for April for example. But maybe is for Mall or Transformers or Neon Future.

BTW, i tweeted to this guy from 103.3 aaaand he still saying "It was a rumor"... I don't know if we really can trust in this guy.