New Linkin Park Almost Ready?

hahninator

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who of you did see 30STM in 2012 or 2013?

If you think they are not good live that's your point of view, but on tuesday they played a full show here in berlin with only 15 songs but the whole shows went 1:50h and Jared did more interaction with the fans than i saw by LP in 10shows. so i dont say that LP is worse or 30 STM is better... but dont judge mars new style if you are a LP fan! LP changed so much also :)

I liked the first two Mars albums, it all got a bit U2 for me after that. Not my cup of tea really, but I don't begrudge their success, they've done well to create fanbase as passionate as theirs.

A Beautiful Lie is still by far their best album.

I saw 30STM last tuesday and it was sooo great :) and last year they also did a great show. so dont judge before you see them live with their new style!!

30STM's new album actually isn't all that bad. Listening to it now. If they do end up touring with LP, I might buy their new album. I don't like any of their past albums before this one, but this new one has some good songs, actually.

I think their first 3 albums are good, but the new one sucks. Also, I never liked their setlists. Sorry.

I would rather see LP with Britney than with 30stm

I'm sure it would be a dream coming true for Brad.

Well he could have ment a oscar winner in that case could be nine inch nails Trent won oscars for soundtrack he did.

I would love to see LP touring with NIN. :D

I would rather see LP touring with 30STM instead of bands like Imagine Dragons, Mumford and Sons or Fun. Also, I don't hate when singers let the crowd sing a long. Most people here seem to hate that, which is maybe why there is so much hate on 30STM here. Like I said, I'm not a fan of 30STM by any means, but there are definitely worse bands out there that they could pick.

This:

You are really bipolar Geki lol, try to respect your own opinions :P

There's a huge difference between a sing a long and ''let the crowd do my job''

In The End's bridge is a sing-a-long. What Leto does is jump around, screaming "SING IT TO THE SKY!" Their studio efforts are decent enough, but their live performances are VERY meh at best.

The crowd sing along with a lot of LP songs. BIO, BTH, ITE, APFMH, LFY to name just a few. Its certain sections of the song and its encouraged by the band. It feels just the right amount of crowd participation to band performance IMO.

However, what 30STM do is really poor in comparison. I'm sure 30STM don't see it that way and think its awesome. Likewise for their diehard fans singing their hearts out. For me, as a casual fan of 30STM, I like their studio stuff but they're really poor live.Even when Leto does sing, he barely sings a full line or chorus because he's so out of breath from running all over stage.In comparison, Chester moves around a lot, dances, jumps etc but is still able to give a damn good live performance and doesn't skip words, sing unfinished lyrics due to be out of breath.

Not kidding here when I say that 30STM opening for STP in Jax was terrible. Front row too. One of the biggest let downs I've seen live and I've seen a LOT of shows (check my setlist.fm account). Really a disaster live....he doesn't sing at least 60% of the setlist and acts like a total diva on stage. Not a fan of that at all and their show was pathetic to me but if that's your thing, so be it. I will definitely not be watching them if they ever tour with LP. I like their studio material a good bit (they have some solid work) but I have no idea why Jared or the band can't produce a good live show.

What do you mean ''hint''? He flat out says ''this week is going to be an action packed week. Stay tuned''. HUGE news. So excited. I bet something big will get announced. Album title, single title, tour dates, etc. Huge news.

Bullshit from Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park? It's not like this is some random guy on the radio saying stuff. Like I said, something big will get announced. Not everything at once, obviously. I guess ''big announcement'' could be very different things to different people, though. For example, I get really excited over album title announcements and single announcements, etc

I was never excited about the announcement of the radio station. And Mike always seems to play with our minds, so I never get excited by words, for me must be acts, realities, etc. ​​before the emotion. For me always happens when it's something about new music.

He's probably just taking a vacation from the studio and is gonna spam his IG with snowboarding pics.

the band probably celebrated the finishing of the album by going snowboarding.

What do you mean ''hint''? He flat out says ''this week is going to be an action packed week. Stay tuned''. HUGE news. So excited. I bet something big will get announced. Album title, single title, tour dates, etc. Huge news.

I bet something big WILL happen. I believe mike more than some random radio guy. I mean come on, founder of the band vs radio guy

Edited by Thor

Mr. Shinoda wouldn't just take a vacation if the album was in its final stages.

Unless...its already done...

knowing mike shinoda, whos a workaloholic, he wouldnt take a vacation unless the album was done. its either their taking a break, or the albums done and if it is done then we would be getting some very exciting news this coming week!!!

Edited by Thor

Wonder if LP will pull that new popular thing where they just drop a single, or whole album on us without warning. It's like the new trend I wouldn't be surprised ..I mean I would, but the tactic itself has been done before is what I'm guessing I'm trying to get at haha.

Mr. Shinoda wouldn't just take a vacation if the album was in its final stages.

Unless...its already done...

Yes. This.

Also Mrs Shinoda is about to go into full book launch mode so it makes sense to have a break now (Mike may have to play house husband for a month!)

I think it'll be USA summer tour announcement with hints to single/album coming soon.

If it's about the game I'll be seriously pissed, to quote Ross from Friends: I DONT CARE ABOUT THE STUPID GAME.

Edited by Kirstie

I think it's more probable we get to hear about that potential collab with Transformers 4 than about the new album.

I've read on LP Association that the first TF4 trailer will surface this week. And we know LP have been working on a song for a movie not so long ago. Timing seems to fit.