New Linkin Park Almost Ready?

hahninator

By all accounts, 30STM puts on awful live shows and Jared Leto is a complete douche. That being said, if they tour with LP, that's a tour I expected to eventually happen and I'd be very excited for it since I'm clearly still stuck in 2005.

EDIT: Didn't they do a short tour together in Europe?

Edited by lakersfan13

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woah. What's with all the 30STM hate? They put on incredible live shows. And I can understand why people perceive Jared to be a "douche", but the guy is an actor. Do any of you truly believe the guy we see on TV and on stage is the real Jared?

Highly recommend the haters watch the documentary 'Artifact'. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Woah. What's with all the 30STM hate? They put on incredible live shows. And I can understand why people perceive Jared to be a "douche", but the guy is an actor. Do any of you truly believe the guy we see on TV and on stage is the real Jared?

Highly recommend the haters watch the documentary 'Artifact'. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Once I was at a autograph booth for Three Days Grace and a staff member was wearing a shirt with signatures from hundreds of artists. My brother asked who the biggest jerk she ever met was. She said without a doubt it was Jared Leto.

When I saw them he only sang like 30% max. and that 30% didn't sound very good lol

+1

I remember being excited to see them live a few years back but they stank. Leto ain't good at singing live...when he does eventually sing of course.

I remember thinking...'hey man, I paid to hear YOU sing, not 5,000 fans'

So bad!

+1

I remember being excited to see them live a few years back but they stank. Leto ain't good at singing live...when he does eventually sing of course.

I remember thinking...'hey man, I paid to hear YOU sing, not 5,000 fans'

So bad!

I'm a fan of 30STM too and I agree. Their just not good live. 30stm are nowhere near Linkin Park when it comes to live shows

You guys. Remember that these are just RUMORS. Coming from me, that says a lot. Lol. The guy didn't even mention 30STM (even though Jared Leto DID just do something with the Oscars, I think). Besides, I think this DJ in just making stuff up. I will wait and see official announcements from LP or announcements from more credible sources. If they were to tour with 30STM, it wouldn't be THAT bad. I'm not a fan of 30STM really, but there are definitely worse bands out there that they could pick to tour with. 30STM is booked up with a European tour until mid or late July as it is, but I assume the US tour would be in August anyways. Nonetheless, rumors and hype before LP releases are always a fun part of the album cycle.

You guys. Remember that these are just RUMORS. Coming from me, that says a lot. Lol. The guy didn't even mention 30STM (even though Jared Leto DID just do something with the Oscars, I think). Besides, I think this DJ in just making stuff up. I will wait and see official announcements from LP or announcements from more credible sources. If they were to tour with 30STM, it wouldn't be THAT bad. I'm not a fan of 30STM really, but there are definitely worse bands out there that they could pick to tour with. 30STM is booked up with a European tour until mid or late July as it is, but I assume the US tour would be in August anyways. Nonetheless, rumors and hype before LP releases are always a fun part of the album cycle.

lol what other band has a frontman with an Oscar nomination?

&THANK YOU for once not saying "Sing it to the sky" and actually somewhat backing 30STM up on this.

lol what other band has a frontman with an Oscar nomination?

&THANK YOU for once not saying "Sing it to the sky" and actually somewhat backing 30STM up on this.

I would rather see LP touring with 30STM instead of bands like Imagine Dragons, Mumford and Sons or Fun. Also, I don't hate when singers let the crowd sing a long. Most people here seem to hate that, which is maybe why there is so much hate on 30STM here. Like I said, I'm not a fan of 30STM by any means, but there are definitely worse bands out there that they could pick.

I would rather see LP with Britney than with 30stm

You are really bipolar Geki lol, try to respect your own opinions :P

There's a huge difference between a sing a long and ''let the crowd do my job''

In The End's bridge is a sing-a-long. What Leto does is jump around, screaming "SING IT TO THE SKY!" Their studio efforts are decent enough, but their live performances are VERY meh at best.

So much 30STM hate o.o Guys gotta remember Jared is a Actor and im sure 90% of the time he is being just that. Every time ive watch them live, they have done good and yeah most of the time the crowds sing, but its all about having a good time in the end. I would be going insane singing If Chester had the crowd sing a whole verse, which i think he has done before ? Metallica always does it. If LP & 30STM tour, that would be huge and the 3rd act is also another thing to think about.

Wonder what the 3rd Act will be o.o

Well he could have ment a oscar winner in that case could be nine inch nails Trent won oscars for soundtrack he did. But I think this dj is full of crap like a dj in buffalo or where ever would know about LPs stuff. plus now if he is right they won't be giving him any news from now on since he has just tolled everyone on twitter besides dis don't know when there geting new songs to play it just turns up on the day with message from record label they don't go round telling dfs when they will get the new music it just turns up

I would rather see LP with Britney than with 30stm

You are really bipolar Geki lol, try to respect your own opinions :P

There's a huge difference between a sing a long and ''let the crowd do my job''

I've never seen 30STM live, so I have no idea what it's like. I never really cared enough to look them up live on YouTube or anything. But yeah, I guess you are right. I do like when singers let the crowd sing with them because it feels awesome to be part of it, but not the entire song, etc. However, I do disagree with you about one thing. I would rather see 30STM live over seeing Britney Spears.

they have done good and yeah most of the time the crowds sing, but its all about having a good time in the end. I would be going insane singing If Chester had the crowd sing a whole verse, which i think he has done before ? Metallica always does it. If LP & 30STM tour, that would be huge and the 3rd act is also another thing to think about.

This guy hit it right on the head.

What everyone here is doing is seeing the crowd singing as a lack of effort, whereas when you leave a LP concert, sure you feel great, but you don't feel as attached to a given song as you do when you get to actually take the reigns and sing it as if you were there on stage performing the song.

We also don't see the other bands that do that too, such as Metallica. We just chose to attack MARS because they seem to be gaining popularity in mainstream music. You're entitled to opinions, but you shouldn't be entitled to completely destroying someone else's, or for just taking one person's opinion and taking is as their own (I've seen a lot of people taking Mark's exact words when flaming me in the chat).

Just saying, based on my experiences. /2cents

This guy hit it right on the head.

What everyone here is doing is seeing the crowd singing as a lack of effort, whereas when you leave a LP concert, sure you feel great, but you don't feel as attached to a given song as you do when you get to actually take the reigns and sing it as if you were there on stage performing the song.

We also don't see the other bands that do that too, such as Metallica. We just chose to attack MARS because they seem to be gaining popularity in mainstream music. You're entitled to opinions, but you shouldn't be entitled to completely destroying someone else's, or for just taking one person's opinion and taking is as their own (I've seen a lot of people taking Mark's exact words when flaming me in the chat).

Just saying, based on my experiences. /2cents

30STM's new album actually isn't all that bad. Listening to it now. If they do end up touring with LP, I might buy their new album. I don't like any of their past albums before this one, but this new one has some good songs, actually.

This guy hit it right on the head. What everyone here is doing is seeing the crowd singing as a lack of effort, whereas when you leave a LP concert, sure you feel great, but you don't feel as attached to a given song as you do when you get to actually take the reigns and sing it as if you were there on stage performing the song. We also don't see the other bands that do that too, such as Metallica. We just chose to attack MARS because they seem to be gaining popularity in mainstream music. You're entitled to opinions, but you shouldn't be entitled to completely destroying someone else's, or for just taking one person's opinion and taking is as their own (I've seen a lot of people taking Mark's exact words when flaming me in the chat). Just saying, based on my experiences. /2cents

The crowd sing along with a lot of LP songs. BIO, BTH, ITE, APFMH, LFY to name just a few. Its certain sections of the song and its encouraged by the band. It feels just the right amount of crowd participation to band performance IMO.

However, what 30STM do is really poor in comparison. I'm sure 30STM don't see it that way and think its awesome. Likewise for their diehard fans singing their hearts out. For me, as a casual fan of 30STM, I like their studio stuff but they're really poor live.Even when Leto does sing, he barely sings a full line or chorus because he's so out of breath from running all over stage.In comparison, Chester moves around a lot, dances, jumps etc but is still able to give a damn good live performance and doesn't skip words, sing unfinished lyrics due to be out of breath.