Mike and Joe Talk About 6th Album with Fuse

VICTIMIZED

well,not dying for album,want them to perform songs from LT live

It sucks but if they don't play any new LT songs this summer, I think all hope is lost for us to ever hear them live..

I'm kind of disappointed that half of Living Things hasn't even been performed live yet. They put such a heavy emphasis on how these songs were meant to be played in a live setting, but they have yet to be heard. I really do think they should pump the rest of those out on their next few shows before they release something new.

I'm kind of disappointed that half of Living Things hasn't even been performed live yet. They put such a heavy emphasis on how these songs were meant to be played in a live setting, but they have yet to be heard. I really do think they should pump the rest of those out on their next few shows before they release something new.

Someone always bring that comment, what they say tends to change A LOT if you think about it for a moment the songs that they haven't played all of them are slow or mid tempo songs and i know for sure they wanted to have a more energetic set and in they play those it wouldn't be so energetic.

maybe they will play 1 or 2 in their Asia tour and that's it, i'm glad that they are working on a new album, can't wait for more new music, i hope LP can make an album which doesn't gets old quickly, i find myself skipping every track of LT, their replay value is extremely low compared to other albums.

Someone always bring that comment, what they say tends to change A LOT if you think about it for a moment the songs that they haven't played all of them are slow or mid tempo songs and i know for sure they wanted to have a more energetic set and in they play those it wouldn't be so energetic.

right, but people still wants to hear those songs live.

Edited by Skipees

And I guess there we have our final confirmation, no more shows after Asia.

I'm actually suprised Mike is so straight forward with that we'll probably get to hear something new within the next few months.

I also like what he said about MTM and QWERTY.

Agreed, we knew already that the band was In the studio but after watching that clip, I'm hyped up even more knowing the fact that the new album Is getting closer. Coming to think of It LIVING THINGS Is nearly a year old so we have 8/9 months to go If they stick to that 18 months goal.

Edited by VICTIMIZED

And I guess there we have our final confirmation, no more shows after Asia.

it's still not 100%, and before i'm gonna said something stupid i want to ask something:

the band split the tours like we did? i mean, they called "Australia & New Zealand Tour" and the "Asian Tour" as they are? i'm asking because i saw more than once "World Tour" on posters. so maybe if Mike's meaning is the tour this year is World Tour they still can be in Europe/anywhere except US after the asian shows.

Edited by Skipees

The rumor I've heard is that as of right now, they have studio time booked until summer 2014. Who knows what that exactly means, but I assume it means they plan on recording for the rest of 2013 at the very least and likely a good part of the beginning of next year.

I think Asia is a one-off tour before they go back to the studio. But with all this studio time before August, I think it's very possible that they'll play a new song in August.

i hope LP can make an album which doesn't gets old quickly, i find myself skipping every track of LT, their replay value is extremely low compared to other albums.

This is the best description of LIVING THINGS I've heard yet. I always have a hard time trying to explain why I don't like LT at the end of the day, and this is exactly what I mean. The replay value just isn't there. Don Gilmore's comment about Meteora songs having the same impact the first time you hear it versus the 100th time "for the little kid in Cleveland" is very true about that album. Lying From You, Don't Stay, From The Inside, Figure.09, etc all hit you in the face every time you hear it. LT is not nearly as epic since I tend to skip most every song when I try to listen to it. Only 2-3 on there I listen to continually. Even ATS and all other albums by LP I tend to listen to just about every song and LT is the first one where I find the replay value is very low, like you said.

You guys really don't like LIVING THINGS? I absolutely love the album to be honest. I still listen to it almost everyday and I rarely skip songs. Maybe you guys are just growing old of LP?

well for me its like the first half of LT is kinda too "safe" for my hears. Its good music, and LP's stamp is all over it, but to me it doesn't measure up with some of the bands best one. The 2nd half of the album on the other hand is different story. Alot more unique songs, more experimentation and interest.

Back to the video interview.... Great news. I really hope there next album moves further away from their old sound and branches out even more than ATS did. They really need to ditch their commercial sound and go the Radiohead route and make some real "art" i know the band can do it, they really need to show the world what their made of.

The rumor I've heard is that as of right now, they have studio time booked until summer 2014. Who knows what that exactly means, but I assume it means they plan on recording for the rest of 2013 at the very least and likely a good part of the beginning of next year.

I think Asia is a one-off tour before they go back to the studio. But with all this studio time before August, I think it's very possible that they'll play a new song in August.

This is the best description of LIVING THINGS I've heard yet. I always have a hard time trying to explain why I don't like LT at the end of the day, and this is exactly what I mean. The replay value just isn't there. Don Gilmore's comment about Meteora songs having the same impact the first time you hear it versus the 100th time "for the little kid in Cleveland" is very true about that album. Lying From You, Don't Stay, From The Inside, Figure.09, etc all hit you in the face every time you hear it. LT is not nearly as epic since I tend to skip most every song when I try to listen to it. Only 2-3 on there I listen to continually. Even ATS and all other albums by LP I tend to listen to just about every song and LT is the first one where I find the replay value is very low, like you said.

I agree. I really did like LIVING THINGS when it first came out, but a lot of the songs like Burn It Down and Lies Greed and Misery, I continually skip on my iPod whereas when ATS Full Experience comes on I listen to the whole thing.

I'd still like to hear more LT live because most of my favorite songs weren't played, but new music would be nice. I think LT has now dropped to my least favorite album. Hoping this 6th album is different, which from the interview if SEEMS like it, but as Mike said about QWERTY we really won't know till we hear it.

I think it's interesting that Joe said they're not doing their usual melody and then lyrics method.

Perhaps now is the time for Mike to step up and produce the album himself.

Also "You can never really put a timeline on it". lol more like the band has a problem sticking to the timelines they set. We'll see if they can release an album as quickly as they seem to want.

They really need to ditch their commercial sound and go the Radiohead route and make some real "art" i know the band can do it, they really need to show the world what their made of.

i can swear i just thought about it yesterday, although Radiohead made it too much electronic.

2/16/13- Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, Nevada - Only 2013 USA Show

time to fix your signature. Edited by Skipees

I think it's interesting that Joe said they're not doing their usual melody and then lyrics method.

They abandoned that with Rick joining them starting with Minutes to Midnight. So they haven't written that way since before 2006.

I wonder wich producer they're going to choose this time.

Also the next direction they heading looks interesting based on the albums they all put out. Living Things was like the greatest hits of all of their albums.

I do believe that the next album still have that huge electronic sound, unless they wanna throw us off by releasing an acoustic album lmao.

But yea, i'm excited to hear the new stuff they're working, also i hope that the Making Of.. will be a bit longer this time.

Kinda like Minutes To Midnight (time length)

And maybe dive in a little more into the process how they blend the drumbeats with the live drums.

That was a really good interview. I am excited for the next album already.

Living Things is my least favorite album as well. I appreciate them trying to go back to a mesh of the older style on some songs while combining the new but what it did was took away the excitement of LP. I loved getting a new linkin park album every time because I never knew what to expect. While some of the production and keyboard stuff on the album is cool, its nothing new or unexpected from them. Since they aren't in the same mindset they were when they wrote meteora, they can't recreate that energy again. So I hope the next album is completely fresh and a sound they are trying to push to new heights like they used to. Also they need less electronics and more musicianship. Hybrid theory was the perfect blend of electronic and organic sounds. LT album and tour lacked musicianship heavily!

btw. A Thousand Suns is my favorite album. It satisfies the musician in me.