Linkin Park Returning To Honda Civic Tour In 2013?

hahninator

Go look at the page again, the pics are not only of LP. The old style mic pic is not theirs, and the shot of the camera is Blink 182.

Maroon 5 is everything the hints have said so far, and more so than LP. You don't have to believe me, just dont be surprised when I'm right.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it does turn out to be Maroon 5, I'll be jealous of their fans. They're touring the U.S. right now until May, and then they'd be coming back again 2 months later around August. That's a lot of shows.

Edited by Xero21

I'm putting my 2 cents in that it will not be Linkin Park. With a presale code for ticket purchase on 4/2 and no word of presale for LPU, I would be pissed. Why did I pay to be in LPU if I'm not going to get presale? I guess they're just using the photos of previous Honda Civic Tours and happen to be some blurry LP shots.

If it does turn out to be Maroon 5, I'll be jealous of their fans. They're touring the U.S. right now until May, and then they'd be coming back again 2 months later around August. That's a lot of shows.

Yeah, we do have to remember they have a tour planned from April to May. Linkin Park hasn't said anything about what comes after the two Japan shows. It still seems like it could be both.

Have we also all forgotten that it has a headliner and a co-headliner? What if it turns out that both LP and M5 are on the tour together?

Edited by Castle of Glass

Unlike someone else said before, it seems like Adam Levine will not be doing the taping for The Voice in summer. They record the season from April to July.

Maroon 5 is on tour for a good year now, I think someone mentioned it before but it would be also odd for them to announce a summer tour during their US Arena tour (which ends early April). That's a bit too much US touring for just one year, LP would make more sense it terms of that.

(all my info is based on Wikipedia)

We should get another clue in about an hour or two. I wouldn't be surprised if it's another clue that doesn't eliminate one of the bands.

tomorrow's clue: they're musicians <_>

it's only six days until we know for sure. there's no point to trying to guess according to the pictures because we don't know if they're real clues or just illustration. (like someone already said).

LP used to do 2-3 years of touring for each album up until ATS. LP also did 4 US tour for Meteora and 3 US tours for MTM. LP only did 1 US tour for ATS and 1 US tour for Living Things, and Living Things tour hasn't even hit Europe or Asia at all really. It's typical for big artists to do huge years worth of touring for a album, LP just doesn't do this anymore. LP should be doing a US tour this summer. Is the Living Things tour basically over? I know they're doing a couple Summer Sonic shows in August but it seems to be more of an escape the studio tour like we saw in 2006.

LP used to do 2-3 years of touring for each album up until ATS. LP also did 4 US tour for Meteora and 3 US tours for MTM. LP only did 1 US tour for ATS and 1 US tour for Living Things, and Living Things tour hasn't even hit Europe or Asia at all really. It's typical for big artists to do huge years worth of touring for a album, LP just doesn't do this anymore. LP should be doing a US tour this summer. Is the Living Things tour basically over? I know they're doing a couple Summer Sonic shows in August but it seems to be more of an escape the studio tour like we saw in 2006.

I have a hard time believing that they'll be going to the studio so soon. Especially since they'll be in the studio now doing the Mall stuff.

Also HERE is the interview I kept mentioning about Chester. This was an interview with Brandon Boyd before HCT.

The important bit..

TIS: I think that's a fair assessment (laughing.) I'm wondering too after Honda Civic, where else are you guys going to be touring, and how long do you think you'll be on the road more or less for Living Things.

CB: I think we'll be touring more or less through next summer for sure. Maybe even into next fall, depending on what the schedule looks like. I know that we're planning on going to South Africa for the first time, which I'm very excited about. We're planning on going to South America, going back to Europe, going to Asia, and doing another U.S. tour, I believe to end it all next year and then go straight back again into the studio and make another record.

So based on this interview they did South Africa, South America, and Asia eventually. So maybe hope for the US and Europe?

I have a hard time believing that they'll be going to the studio so soon. Especially since they'll be in the studio now doing the Mall stuff.

Also HERE is the interview I kept mentioning about Chester. This was an interview with Brandon Boyd before HCT.

The important bit..

So based on this interview they did South Africa, South America, and Asia eventually. So maybe hope for the US and Europe?

That would have been epic but I think the band was either expecting Living Things to do better in terms of sales and popularity, or they did a complete 180 and just wanted to do have the touring. European and US tour dates would surely have been announced by now if this were the case. I think Europe/Asia have a better shot of a tour than the US does, Mike and the band straight up said Vegas was the only US show for 2013 and Maroon 5 is headlining HCT this year. Maybe a European summer run will happen.

but considering how "old" this is, that's not very solid info for right now. My guess is that the The Mall soundtrack "screwed it all up". I think they started working on that last year already. And maybe they need more time than they expected and thus have to skip over Europe.

but considering how "old" this is, that's not very solid info for right now. My guess is that the The Mall soundtrack "screwed it all up". I think they started working on that last year already. And maybe they need more time than they expected and thus have to skip over Europe.

Sigh, I know. I just really want them to give one more tour. Even a European Tour that I couldn't make, before they hit the studio. So many great LT songs they missed performing.