Linkin Park Returning To Honda Civic Tour In 2013?

hahninator

Are you still questioning whether or not its LP? They have shown multiple images of the band.

It doesnt make any sense to have LP headline HCT back-to-back years, but they are. Look at the facts.. That's LP for sure :)

Yeah it looks really good for us. Maroon 5 is touring till July so I don't know them well enough if they'd be ready to go in August (if they stick to last year's HCT schedule). Plus Adam does the Voice. And I checked their wikipedia (so take this with a grain of salt) but it said they were heading back to the studio after this tour.

However, I feel like this picture was too obviously LP but I don't know if that's because I'm a fan and would recognize them, or because it's supposed to be a clue. Like would a casual person instantly know that's LP? And I'm worried that if LP turned HCT down they might just be dicking with us. :S

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, it makes NO sense WHATSOEVER having LP back, but it looks likely... It remains to be seen whether they are just using pictures of LP for the hell of it.

That recent one is definitely chester - that's his posture, no question

The next clue can be: "It was headlining of Honda Civic Tour". It could be the Maroon 5 (Honda Civic Tour 2005) or Linkin Park (2012).

On the Facebook page they wished happy birthday to members of some bands that have made Honda Civic Tour: Adam Levine (Maroon 5, 2005), blink-182 (Mark Hoppus, 2001 and 2011) and Benji and Joel Madden (Good Charlotte, 2003). But they didn't wish happy birthday for any member of LP.

Maroon 5 is currently on tour in USA (since February 13th until April 6th, 31 dates). Linkin Park did two tours in USA in 2008 (North American, February/March, 20 dates but 2 canceled; Projekt Revolution, July/August, 24 dates and 2 Non-PR). LP didn't repeat the cities in 2008 North American tours: Maroon 5 has a bit of both LP 2008 tours in USA in this current tour.

Finally, 3 of 5 photos that are with the clues are photos of Linkin Park (maybe only to illustrate the posts).

So... hard to say that will be Linkin Park, because from what was announced there won't be more shows in LT Worldwide Tour in USA... But there is some evidence for Linkin Park in HCT again...

Off-Topic: about LP shows in UK. Maybe LP headlining one date of iTunes Festival again? Because iTunes Festival is usually in September (so after LP in Summer Sonic Festival), but nothing has been announced yet for this year.

Edited by Victor Del Porto

Like I said, it makes NO sense WHATSOEVER having LP back, but it looks likely... It remains to be seen whether they are just using pictures of LP for the hell of it.

That recent one is definitely chester - that's his posture, no question

That's pretty adamant, why do you say that? If anything it makes more sense considering how well HCT did last year and that we know they asked them back. Plus it's not like the band to have so much free time and we've only heard rumors about them going back to the studio.

And if we go off history does it seem right that they would be hitting the studio a YEAR after LT came out?

To me it seems more and more likely, the only question is if LP wants to because the offer is there.

’13 HCT clue #5: singer has tattoos.

HURRR DURRRR so it could still be Adam Levine or Chester

EDIT: The picture they are using shows Chester and Mike btw

Posted Image

Honda Civic Tour 2012, Michigan:

same shirt, same pants.

Posted Image

Edited by Skipees

That's pretty adamant, why do you say that? If anything it makes more sense considering how well HCT did last year and that we know they asked them back. Plus it's not like the band to have so much free time and we've only heard rumors about them going back to the studio.

And if we go off history does it seem right that they would be hitting the studio a YEAR after LT came out?

To me it seems more and more likely, the only question is if LP wants to because the offer is there.

my point is that it makes no business sense to have the same headliners again, no festival would ever book the same headliners in years back to back so they don't alienate less keen customers, so it seems odd that HCT is doing it.

I'm not saying I don't want to see them booked again, because more tours means more fun! it's just strange...

my point is that it makes no business sense to have the same headliners again, no festival would ever book the same headliners in years back to back so they don't alienate less keen customers, so it seems odd that HCT is doing it.

I'm not saying I don't want to see them booked again, because more tours means more fun! it's just strange...

It makes $$$$$$$$$ sence.

The headliner is announced on 4/1. It's LP, because Maroon 5 isn't going to announce a new US tour while they still have one going on.

1st April? Now that's funny a.k.a trololo :P

"The 2012 edition, with MuteMath also on the bill, launched on August 11 at the outdoor amphitheater Jiffy Lube Live, located in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. The 16-city trek crossed the U.S. with performances primarily at outdoor sheds, but also in the mix were stops at three arenas and one stadium. The stadium show was held at Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., the 27,000-seat home venue for two Major League Soccer teams, Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas USA. The concert on September 8 at the Los Angeles-area venue grossed $1.7 million from a sellout crowd of 24,936. The tour wrapped two days later in San Diego with final overall counts topping $11.2 million in ticket sales from 16 performances. Attendance totaled 228,427 for the 4-week tour."

Source : http://www.billboard.com/articles/photos/l...nrique-and-j-lo

really though? how much of HCT was sold out last year?

They apparently made more money last year than any previous HCT.

This tells them that Linkin Park fans will come see the band perform, even if the ticket prices are kind of outrageous. It's not like someone who isn't a fan of LP is going to never go to another HCT again just because they had LP two years in a row. When a band that person likes becomes headliner, they'll go.

Edited by Xero21

Linkin Park and Maroon 5 are literally the only artists I'm aware of that the 4 clues haven't eliminated for one reason or another. Either way, looks like HCT is getting a repeat headliner this year.

This exactly!!

Also, hi, I'm new to this forum. <3

@LGraham my sidekicks already answered Your question :P

haha yeah, I'll take back what I said :P

It's not like someone who isn't a fan of LP is going to never go to another HCT again just because they had LP two years in a row. When a band that person likes becomes headliner, they'll go.

very true, it's a great way to force the band out on tour :lol: but still, having the same headliners two years back to back is strange. I know no other festival that has/would do that - apart from Sonisphere with Metallica, but this is across multiple countries so I think that's a bit different...