"Stagelight" Music / Re: "Bruiser" & More Demos

hahninator

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not intentional, but i can't get access to even the DEMO version.

(2 GIGS OF RAM PROBLEM)

if it is...

...**** YOU OPEN LABS!

(I Lost FL STUDIO Demo version earlier from the FBI Moneypak virus, which, unlike they say, has really nothing to do with illegal downloads)

Trust me guys, the program is doing you a service by not letting you open it if you have less than 2 GB of RAM. I have 3 GB of RAM and the program is still completely unusable due to how big of a resource hog it is. I even moved around 10 GB of data off my hard drive to see if that made any kind of difference, and it didn't. I have a 250 GB hard drive with almost 200 GB free on it and this still runs like crap. You probably need at LEAST 4 GB to get any kind of use out of this program, and that's probably only if you have a really good processor like an i5 or better. If you have a more "typical" processor, you might need to push it up to 6 GB of RAM before this will run smoothly.

Edited by Astat

Trust me guys, the program is doing you a service by not letting you open it if you have less than 2 GB of RAM. I have 3 GB of RAM and the program is still completely unusable due to how big of a resource hog it is. You probably need at LEAST 4 GB to get any kind of use out of this program, and that's probably only if your computer is specifically optimized for recording purposes. If you use your computer like the average person does, you probably need 6 GB before this will run smoothly.

smoothly on 4gb

Trust me guys, the program is doing you a service by not letting you open it if you have less than 2 GB of RAM. I have 3 GB of RAM and the program is still completely unusable due to how big of a resource hog it is. I even moved around 10 GB of data off my hard drive to see if that made any kind of difference, and it didn't. I have a 250 GB hard drive with almost 200 GB free on it and this still runs like crap. You probably need at LEAST 4 GB to get any kind of use out of this program, and that's probably only if you have a really good processor like an i5 or better. If you have a more "typical" processor, you might need to push it up to 6 GB of RAM before this will run smoothly.

I KNEW THERE WAS A CATCH AFTER ONLY TEN BUCKS...

Calm down...

This can't be garageband for Windows... Guys why can't there be a garageband for windows without screwing up...

I miss my school mac...

Wow, I guess I just wasn't looking in the right place. Lots of great samples here but maybe I'm being a little greedy in saying I was thinking like numb chimes, or castle of glass synth, when I heard LP sound packs. Pretty cool stuff nonetheless, maybe they'll do an add on pack at a later date as well.

I've only got 2 GB of RAM and the program ran fine for me. Complimentary took up all of my memory when I was mixing it down, but it didn't do any real damage.

I've actually managed to get the program working pretty well now - deleted a crapload of desktop icons, ran Disk Cleanup, all that jazz. :lol: Complimentary seems really...glitchy though. The intro gets all fucked up when I try to play it back in Stagelight, and when I mix it down, it's still all skippy and shit. I wonder if it has something to do with it being just a .song file rather than having the audio files included with it like the other songs do? Maybe that makes it more of a strain on the program...the fact that Complimentary has a lot more stuff going on in it than the other tracks probably doesn't help either. But still...it almost seems like the file is corrupt or something, just from the way it acts. Weird.

Anyway, looks like I may get some use out of this program after all! Sweet!

I'm not having problems with StartLight, even when installed on Windows 8 in a virtual machine with 2GB of RAM. But on Windows 7, in a virtual machine too, the slowness is more noticeable.

I click "Mixdown song..." and everything goes right saving it in .wav, and then I can play it on my iTunes.

I noticed when listening to my mixdown of Complimentary that the drum track gets all laggy and skippy several times while the rest of the track stays normal, which creates an interesting (but unintended) effect when listening to the song. I like it.

This worked for me:

Because of the variety of computers on the market, you may need to try a different driver from the Stagelight audio driver for your computers built in audio. Close Stagelight and download the ASIO4ALL driver from http://asio4all.com/

Download the latest version and run the file. Install the software. Check the box for “Off-Line Settings” for the Components to install during installation.

Open Stagelight, and press Menu > Options > General Options and the Audio tab. Under “ASIO Device” select “ASIO4ALL v2”, Under “Audio Output” select the range of outputs your computer has Low will be Ch 1 and High will be Ch 2 or above. Press OK when done. You should then be good to go.

Isn't Chicken Basket the song Mike talked about during the ATS sessions?

Edit found his blog entree. http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/10/17/three-updates/

"It’s been a busy week. Studio every day, working on new stuff. This week, I did a song where the music sounds like Santogold (or Santigold, if you like) meets Postal Service meets At The Drive In or something. Very weird…but even weirder, the vocals are crazy–I asked our engineers what they thought it sounded like, and the responses I got were things like “Peter Gabriel” and “Huey Lewis, in a really good way.” Four-part harmonies that ebb and flow with the track. I feel like I’m on drugs when I’m listening to it. It’s tentatively called “Chicken Basket.” "

Nice find! Wow!

the best one from them is Complimentary. Others are for me sorry for that but they are for me s**t <_< I don't like them. Only Complimentary sounds LinkinParkish and like Shinoda made it.

How did you open Complimentary with Stagelight?

I don't have problems with opening of that.But problems started when I can't hear songs or plugins because of stupid drivers like ASIO Edited by Steve