"Stagelight" Music / Re: "Bruiser" & More Demos

hahninator

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the samples are stored in the Open Labs Library folder.

I have listened to most of the samples... What is so great about this to everyone? They're very short little clips, some even 1 second long, no vocals or anything. And the longest ones are around 14 seconds. I hope people can make cool demos usually all the different clips of songs.

It's a software to make your own music and LP provided some of their selfmade samples to it. Why would there be vocals? It's not a demo archive.

It's cool we got a bit a new music, the new short songs. The samples, nice to have I guess, I have no use for them. Probably more fun for others.

It's a software to make your own music and LP provided some of their selfmade samples to it. Why would there be vocals? It's not a demo archive.

It's cool we got a bit a new music, the new short songs. The samples, nice to have I guess, I have no use for them. Probably more fun for others.

I think it's cool that they gave us all the different clips for each demo. For example, the drums for '"Florida'' and then the ''synth'' and ''guitar'' for it as well. People could totally fuse them all together and make a more complete version of '"Florida'' for example. That'd be cool. All in all I think we got around 40 little demos with all the clips combined.

Finally got time to work with these files.

I converted all samples to FLAC. Also Mixed down all songs as 1 file, and also as separate tracks.

And after mixing them down - also converted to FLAC.

So right now all these files in FLAC are 0,99 GB (1 064 320 755 bytes):

Audio Samples\Bass - 6 files

Audio Samples\Drums - 197 files

Audio Samples\Guitar - 3 files

Audio Samples\Synth - 51 files

Drum Kits - 256 files in 16 subfolders

Bruiser\Audio Files - 23 files

Bruiser\Mixdown - 10 files

Complimentary\Mixdown - 6 files

Loop Jam 1\Audio Files - 14 files

Loop Jam 1\Mixdown - 6 files

Loop Jam 2\Audio Files - 7 files

Loop Jam 2\Mixdown - 7 files

Space Station\Audio Files - 8 files

Space Station\Mixdown - 9 files

5 songs themselves

I thought ''Episodes'' was the only MTM demo included with this, but I don't think it is. Monday uses MOOG, which was used a lot during MTM sessions, according to the making of MTM. And also, Kerosena sounds just like the drums to What I've Done. Maybe the very raw seed to Bang Three/What I've Done? Kind of cool.

• 6 months later...

Update:

StageLight - The Easy Way To Create Music, Just Got Easier:

Open Labs, the creators of StageLight, the groundbreaking music application for Windows PC's, has announced the release of a major update that includes new features and enhancements that expand the app's capabilities and performance such as a brand new drum machine, user interface scaling features for ease-of-use on touch screens, and expanded audio effects. This update will make it even easier for customers to create music using the StageLight software.

Stagelight Version 1.1 also introduces the Linkin Park inspired SongBuilder. SongBuilder quickly and easily walks you through the music creation process. As Linkin Park are strong supporters of music education, SongBuilder is designed to empower people musically with simple step by step instructions. SongBuilder is not just for beginners, it also includes intermediate lessons for aspiring artists.

If you have not already purchased Stagelight, you can download a free 30 day trial of the full version of Stagelight 1.1 HERE.

If you already have Stagelight, the update is free and available to download by launching the app and selecting the UPDATE option.

For more information on the StageLight Version 1.1 update, a video highlighting the features can be found

this SongBuilder was in the original version?

Edited by Skipees

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Heads up for anyone who hasnt bought the program and wants to

theres something you should know

When creating drum patterns, you can only edit in EIGHTH NOTES

I emailed them this is what they said:

"There is no longer a note length feature for the drum editor, exactly. There is an option to edit the start and end points of the sample in the drum inspector, which will accomplish the same task."

WRONG. Shortening the sound just leaves the rest of the duration of the eighth note blank. So its impossible to make triplets, a double bass, or quick snare hits in any timing other than an eighth note (1/8) within a single project. I tweeted them and they said to increase the BPM but that speed ups the entire track. So dumb.

ive found a work around but it involves changing the time signature. The sounds are incredible, and if you arent creating music with odd or dotted notes you should be fine. I have some music written in odd signatures with triplet patterns and intricate drum patterns that i wont be able to use.

But for $10, its really not that bad. Especially if you want LP's drums. The samples are studio quality

ive found a work around but it involves changing the time signature. The sounds are incredible, and if you arent creating music with odd or dotted notes you should be fine. I have some music written in odd signatures with triplet patterns and intricate drum patterns that i wont be able to use.

But for $10, its really not that bad. Especially if you want LP's drums. The samples are studio quality

Step 1: Export the samples you want to use (or just pull them out of the Open Labs folder, a lot of them are in regular audio formats to begin with)

Step 2: Load said samples into a DAW that's actually functional and intuitive

Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT!!!

;)

Edited by Astat