House of Blues & Berlin DSPs

RogueSoul

50/50 = 100%

50/100 = 50%

Do you get that? The last posts make no sense......

If you interpretate the "/" as "out of" your explanation is absolutly right. But I think it was pretty obvious what the author meant.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was talking about the numbers in general. Not about the chances of getting the DSPs."

AND after that you said "a 50/50 chance is absolutly right". I disagreed.

Well, no one knows if they are leaning towards a yes or no, though. Odds are if they were leaning towards yes, they would of released it. Right now it seems as if they are still unsure about it, meaning theres a 50/50 chance.

How them being unsure about it make the chances of releasing the dsp's an equal 50/50? have you taken to account all the possible factors that are affecting their decion on this? And you ended with an equal 50% chance? So there's no way they could be a little more against it or for it?

Edited by Jani

If you interpretate the "/" as "out of" your explanation is absolutly right. But I think it was pretty obvious what the author meant.

Yes, but you said something like "50/100 means we still have a 33% chance of......"

Which made absolutely no sense.. and then all the discussion kept going from that point..

EDIT: And to put an end to all this nonsense there is absolutely no way to calculate the chances.. 50% is not correct, 100% is not correct and no prediction is correct..

Edited by jako

Just to clarify, 50/50 means there is either 50% they will say yes or 50% they will say no. Not sure everyone understood that :/

I understood, and my point was that you have no way of knowing either x/x

Why is this even in newswire? It's coming from a tweet from Pooch that said the band is debating whether or not to release Berlin and HOB as DSP's, and will probably be used as bonus tracks. Probably will end up like bonus tracks on singles and stuff like that.

Holy shit! I hadn't watched any of the Berlin performance until now and Chester was on fucking FIRE. The raspy voice was in full force!! Faint hasn't sounded that good in YEARS and With You sounded straight out of 2004, minus the "COME ONNNNN!!". We need this DSP!! :o

You fucking people, wow, this thread is insane.

I'm not a show collector, so I think the HOB DSP would be the only one I'd be interested in if it ends up being released. If not, then oh well. Not like I'm going to see LP on this tour anyway.

What about the FM Source ? What is the quality ?

I heard it was great but the note on the live guide says: "'Runaway', 'Points Of Authority', 'The Catalyst' and 'Crawling' were not broadcasted. Recording glitch during 'Faint' between 3:00 and 3:07."

"Contractual reasons?" "Accidentally?" Bullshit. Berlin was on the DSP site from the day the DSP pre-orders went live, which was before the show even took place, and nothing was done about it until now. The band has every right and the means to release this show if they were to choose to do so, but time and time again, they pussy out of releasing a DSP for any kind of "one-off" show that isn't part of a major tour, even when we know for a fact the show was recorded and professionally mixed. It baffles me.

That's just like what happened with the iTunes Festival and Moscow shows last year, they were webcasted or on TV but no DSPs. Moscow was at least released entirely for free.

I wouldn't outrule contractual reasons, licensing is weird. We didn't even get the full show for the cinema/radio version, so I guess they never wanted us to have the full show in the first place?

The one thing I don't like about this whole thing is, that more than a month passed after the performance with no official statement, not even a "oh that was a mistake, we are sorry". It only happened after people kept asking for weeks and they silently just removed it. This behavior teaches me only to not ever preorder a show since you might not get it in the end.

The one thing I don't like about this whole thing is, that more than a month passed after the performance with no official statement, not even a "oh that was a mistake, we are sorry". It only happened after people kept asking for weeks and they silently just removed it. This behavior teaches me only to not ever preorder a show since you might not get it in the end.

The whole episode is weak sauce. I agree with you on not ever pre-ordering anything. It sucks for those who did pre-order, expecting the show, but at least they tried to make up for it with 2 show downloads. Still, more than a month to figure out not to release it after posting it? Head-scratcher.

"Contractual reasons?" "Accidentally?" Bullshit. Berlin was on the DSP site from the day the DSP pre-orders went live, which was before the show even took place, and nothing was done about it until now. The band has every right and the means to release this show if they were to choose to do so, but time and time again, they pussy out of releasing a DSP for any kind of "one-off" show that isn't part of a major tour, even when we know for a fact the show was recorded and professionally mixed. It baffles me.

The best shows are by far the ''off shows'' as well. It's like LP is making it so we don't get awesome live recordings!!!