House of Blues & Berlin DSPs

RogueSoul

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's right that they took down the Berlin DSP, especially after people pre-ordered it on LP's website. We can't really complain about the HOB show because it was never intended for a DSP release anyways, but just because Berlin was used for a promo event for the new album doesn't make it an excuse not to release a DSP that people paid for.

LOL, relax, I'm pretty sure we'll get another great LPU CD without any live tracks.

The show was good, but I don't think it was good enough for a DVD release. They didn't use very good cameras, the video was pretty noisy most of the time.

LOL, relax, I'm pretty sure we'll get another great LPU CD without any live tracks.

The show was good, but I don't think it was good enough for a DVD release. They didn't use very good cameras, the video was pretty noisy most of the time.

Yeah, I don't think LP would make the mistake of reverting back to the "live tracks for everyone!" mentality that they had with LPU prior to 8.

haha Berlin show for new dvd [ 17 songs] and LPU 12 - 5 missing songs from dvd :D

this.

or release the entire show on DVD with a mixed up setlist, with a few tracks hidden away at the end, and the CD has edited audio. sweet

I think that the Berlin show isn't good enought to be released as a DVD live...And with the Honda Civic Tour that is coming soon I prefer getting a DVD of a planned live with also Living Things songs played live, better camera and video quality.

Roads To Revolution was awesome for its camera...I wish another live like that.

I agree with CriSco92

I don't think either Berlin or HOB will become the "Living Things Live" DVD. there aren't enough Living Things songs performed at either of these shows and I think the band wouldn't want to piss people off like that.

LT Live has to be a post-album release show. HCT?

Yeah I think that there is a chance for a DVD live during the HCT....LT songs performed live, a collaboration with Brandon of Incubus during a song...and a live release would promote even more the new album...and if we added that it is since 2008 that LP doesn't release a DVD live (i don't count the Live in Madrid) well....we can hope :)

Live in Madrid as not a single release, it came as bonus DVD with A Thousand Suns+ some sort of Tour Edition. I wouldn't mind a tour edition with a DVD of a show, something other than Berlin of course, a show from the Civic Tour would be nice.

So basically, ''Live From Madrid'' is not in the same category of Live In Texas, or Road To Revolution? I've been confused on this for a long time. LP only really has two official ''live DVD's'' right?

So basically, ''Live From Madrid'' is not in the same category of Live In Texas, or Road To Revolution? I've been confused on this for a long time. LP only really has two official ''live DVD's'' right?

Yeah, ATS+ only received a...European release, right? And it wasn't billed as Live in Madrid, it was basically the album with a bonus live DVD. So no, not the same sort of thing as LiT or RtR.

I had no idea that ATS+ didn't count as a proper live DVD, but if its just as a bonus then go figure.

I hope LT gets a proper live DVD, if ATS+ isn't one, then it's long overdue...

There isn't much need for ''live releases'' anymore since the DSP archive is pretty lengthy and nearly complete from all years since they released RTR. But I guess one would be cool. I would absolutely hate if it was Berlin. Not that great of a show, IMO. I think it will be the same vein as Webster Hall in 2007.

if any live LT DVD comes out, it'll be post-LT release.

it won't be Berlin or HoB - HCT seems a safe bet

I seriously hope they don't make a live release from HTC, either. I'd want something cooler, like South America or if they decide to play South Africa like Chester has been saying. Europe and US live releases are boring IMO. That's why I loved Madrid.

You know Madrid is in Europe, right?

Yeah, but it's a place that I thought was really cool and not like the normal. Basically what I'm saying is that I don't the Berlin show to become the official live DVD for Living Things. I want something unique and cool. SOUTH FUCKING AFRICA!!!!!!!

Yeah, but it's a place that I thought was really cool and not like the normal. Basically what I'm saying is that I don't the Berlin show to become the official live DVD for Living Things. I want something unique and cool. SOUTH FUCKING AFRICA!!!!!!!

Berlin was something unique.

Venue was awesome and there were only like 1500 people.

But I don't need a live DVD at all. They already have 3 from 4 albums.

Edited by wiiesel

Berlin was something unique.

Venue was awesome and there were only like 1500 people.

But I don't need a live DVD at all. They already have 3 from 4 albums.

Berlin sucks. You're probably just saying that because you went to the show.