House of Blues & Berlin DSPs

RogueSoul

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+Australia, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan and Korea.

Oops, my apologies. Was basing my statement on the region number on my copy, but thinking about it now that's just idiotic. So basically non-US markets. Scumbag LP.

There isn't much need for ''live releases'' anymore since the DSP archive is pretty lengthy and nearly complete from all years since they released RTR.

Oh, but there is, because the DSPs are audio-only, no video element. There needs to be at least one live DVD for each touring cycle IMO, or at the very least every two touring cycles.

Berlin sucks. You're probably just saying that because you went to the show.

No I'm saying that because it is fact.

The venue was not a ordinary huge arena but a small classy theater with a audience of only 1500 people. And a lot of LPU'ers attended the show. So that was a unique show for LP standards.

I just don't understand what was so good about the actual show. It's not as good as other shows on the tour, and it was already aired in theaters and is on YouTube, so why release a DVD of it.

Why is there so much hate for the Berlin show? I thought they had a really good audience, much better with the balloons then the signs Russia had this year. Nice intimate and cool looking venue. Plus I never trust non-Pooch audio. The Fuse show in 2011 compared to Pooch's audio showed that the DSP is always superior.

Though since Berlin was already released in theaters, I definitely think they should do a live DVD in South America over the US. I mean I love all the shows I've been to in the US, but you can't beat a South American crowd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Don't know if there is anybody who is still interested in the Berlin show @ Admiralspalast (6 June, 2012; Telekom Streetgigs)...

I am, so:

From the mail of downloads.linkinpark.com I read that the rights for the recordings might be owned by "Telekom Streetgigs" and that could be the reason why LP isn't able to sell it as a DSP. Because of that I wrote an email to "Telekom Streetgigs" and asked them if it is possible for them to sell or even give it for free.

As a response I got the folllowing:

"Auch wenn die Rechte des Materials vom Linkin Park Gig bei uns liegen, ist

es aus rechtlichen Gründen dennoch nicht möglich, die Audio- und/oder

Videomitschnitte zum Download oder Verkauf zur Verfügung zu stellen. Auch

das Ganze on-demand auf unserer Website anzubieten ist leider nicht

möglich. Ich hoffe, du hast dafür Verständnis." -Alice vom Telekom Street Gigs Team

"Telekom Streetgigs" definitely is the owner of the recording rights (I don't know if that includes the soundboard recording)

but they say that they cannot offer downloads or audio-on-demand (not even for sale) because there are legal issues...

I can't imagine though what issues they might have?!

Could it be that LP and Telekom only own the rights partly? That would be THE BIGGEST SHIT EVER!!! because if that's the case both have to get along with one solution...

Is anybody still interested? Any opinions? Should we try to ask Adam or somebody else from the LP team on twitter or even try to contact the management?

Could such a contract prevent LP from releasing the DSPs!?

But it seems strange to me that not the artist but the promoter owns (parts of) the broadcasting / recording rights... and thereby restricts the artist from giving it away

however I hope for something like with the moscow show :D

LP probably could give it away for free if they wanted but don't forget that this show was also in cinemas in the US. I don't know what's in this contract or what's "normal" for contracts like this case but my guess is that it's "complicated" enough (rights wise) to not release it as a DSP. We know that for example financial conflicts in the past prevented DSPs from being released. Also LP doesn't seem to be much into giving away shows/DSPs for free. Moscow was part of the promotion for Iridescent.