18.05.2012 - West Hollywood, CA - LPU Show

Sorry in advance but I just can't get over how some people here are giving almost no fucks that they played With You and Runaway.

During the ATS cycle everyone was like "Oh no, they are playing the same set every night, where are the old songs?" and now they played two songs they haven't played for like 8 years and most users here are like "Oh, nice setlist!" - you see my point? You wanted old songs so badly and now that they are finally being played you aren't even excited, I was totally freaking out when I saw the setlist!

What kind of reaction were you after? I don't think I've read one bad comment about the set list, everyone seems to love it.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just hope this show comes out as DSP (please very please) if the setlist is not going to be repeated in Europe.

I'm sure Pooch confirmed that 2012 DSPs are going ahead as usual. can't find the quote though, gimme a sec

here

Can anybody tell what's the Apaches intro (I don't know this song/band) for WFTE and what's Until it Breaks verses?

I think "Apaches" refers to a helicopter sound like the Ambulance intro to WID. most videos are only listing Until It Breaks/WFTE, not Apaches/Until It Breaks/WFTE, correct me if i'm wrong though :P

Am I right? Mike is on keyboard on RUNAWAY?

seems like it.

looks like he's playing the 2 background notes throughout the verses and chorus.

I'm not sure what his role was in Runaway live back in the day, so I don't know if this is unusaul or not...

i kinda wish they'd not done the little speech to the crowd between Given Up and Blackout - the two of them merging together could have been awesome

UNTIL IT BREAKS rough lyrics from the WFTE Intro

___________(garbage?/garage?)__ back-____ factor,

give you what you need like (papa?) who shot ya?

separate the weak from the (option?)

lead to me I __________

switch styles of the dying, quick-witted,

(y'all quit trippin' I don't have time for your cryin'?)

i (grind/ryhmes?) _______ that you make your mind up

are you in the firin' squad or are you in the line-up?

____________ with your big guns, (hold it get your slay?) [...] I'm just playin' I'm just there

you ain't got a sliver of a chance____

______ pants

so shake! shake! feel my money here's the breakdown

you can play the bank, I can play the big take down

and no mistakes now, comin' to get you

(I'ma back to you?)____(brainwash?), the picture is like THAT!

Yeah, WTCFM is a surprising omission in my opinion, but if you compare it with Blackout, both sound really good live but Blackout tended to get a better audience response, so maybe Blackout got the nod over it.

I figured NMS would be dropped at this point though, it was the only MTM non-single that stuck around through the ATS touring cycle, and it kind of grew stale after a while.

maybe they thought too much of ketchup already has eaten the fans , but neverless WTCFM is a bang on song ! , must always exist in a set-list :D

i kinda wish they'd not done the little speech to the crowd between Given Up and Blackout - the two of them merging together could have been awesome

seems Shinoda is adding tough words and stronger lyrics , thats interesting

Edited by aravind221

I hate the Crapalyst and there it is...

Difference is that Runaway is both old, shitty, and a non-single. Catalyst is new, a considerably better song, and a lead single. In all honesty I would prefer it wasn't in the set either though. I'm also good without SIB in there...not really a live song that I missed.

I say replace Runaway with WTCFM or W&K, and replace SIB with NMS or FTI. Small, simple change that would really make this setlist perfect.

Difference is that Runaway is both old, shitty, and a non-single. Catalyst is new, a considerably better song, and a lead single. In all honesty I would prefer it wasn't in the set either though. I'm also good without SIB in there...not really a live song that I missed.

I say replace Runaway with WTCFM or W&K, and replace SIB with NMS or FTI. Small, simple change that would really make this setlist perfect.

Would've expected nothing less from a ATS fan.

Very glad to see Runaway back, people will never realize why this song made it back then maybe... but it shows all the agression Chester had and to me proved again, still has. He screamed the bridge as agressive as back in 2001 (you hear it in his last "MIIIIIINND", usually he sings it, there he screamed it too) :)

Wanna repeat myself, my old school LP heart is in love again :)

seems Shinoda is adding tough words and stronger lyrics , thats interesting [/size]

When They Come For Me?

I Have Not Begun?

i genuinely think the "shake! shake!" line is referring to fans bitching about prices to relativly slower ATS setlists...

Would've expected nothing less from a ATS fan.

Very glad to see Runaway back, people will never realize why this song made it back then maybe... but it shows all the agression Chester had and to me proved again, still has. He screamed the bridge as agressive as back in 2001 (you hear it in his last "MIIIIIINND", usually he sings it, there he screamed it too) :)

Wanna repeat myself, my old school LP heart is in love again :)

I LOVE the energy of Runaway live. Watching that performance of it at Rock am Ring is sick. I'm just saying that as far as the QUALITY of that song is, there have several other realistic songs they could replace it with that would work just as well if not better. Also will give the set more variety with more ATS songs, since it is very unbalanced.

In this setlist:

HT: 7 songs

Meteora: 4 songs

MTM: 6 songs (included ND, also note that LOATR and SOTD are not in full)

ATS: 4 songs (and Iridescent isn't in full)

LT: 2 songs

Edited by CookieMonster

I LOVE the energy of Runaway live. Watching that performance of it at Rock am Ring is sick. I'm just saying that as far as the QUALITY of that song is, there have several other realistic songs they could replace it with that would work just as well if not better. Also will give the set more variety with more ATS songs, since it is very unbalanced.

In this setlist:

HT: 7 songs

Meteora: 4 songs

MTM: 6 songs (included ND, also note that LOATR and SOTD are not in full)

ATS: 4 songs (and Iridescent isn't in full)

LT: 2 songs

In all honesty, I think it's to keep the LPU fans happy. this is why I don't see this setlist sticking around as a standard setlist...

I'm glad runaway got played live, It did deserve some airtime, but I too doubt the song's quality since it never seemed to stand out for me. on the other hand, nor did the Catalyst - it's an alright song IMO, and that seems to be its problem - I'm sure I'd go nuts if I saw it live because it's a good energetic song and things always seem epic live (something I think this board overlooks at times...). I think Runaway will be replaced with something newer once 'public' tours begin.

In all honesty, I think it's to keep the LPU fans happy. this is why I don't see this setlist sticking around as a standard setlist...

I'm glad runaway got played live, It did deserve some airtime, but I too doubt the song's quality since it never seemed to stand out for me. on the other hand, nor did the Catalyst - it's an alright song IMO, and that seems to be its problem - I'm sure I'd go nuts if I saw it live because it's a good energetic song and things always seem epic live (something I think this board overlooks at times...). I think Runaway will be replaced with something newer once 'public' tours begin.

Once the Honda Civic Tour begins, we'll get an entirely new setlist again, since they'll have to find a way to add in all the new Living Things songs.

Once the Honda Civic Tour begins, we'll get an entirely new setlist again, since they'll have to find a way to add in all the new Living Things songs.

of course, I'm more talking about the European shows

but then again, a few HT songs may stay for some of the places they've never played before...?

This setlist is insane, so happy to see the old HT tracks back in there (especially Runaway). They have so much energy...nothing from ATS could be compared to it. Hearing Runaway starting right after With you just threw me so hard to the past. So nostalgic.

I really hope they keep these songs in rotation even when Living Things drops.

I hate the Crapalyst and there it is...

The difference between you and me is that I hate a random (if often played pre-MTM) song from their debut album and you hate the lead single from their second-most recent album.

POA IS BACK!!!

But I miss the rap intro/outro's...

Sometimes it's almost as noteworthy when LP DOESN'T do a special intro/outro to a song. I remember how surprising it was when they started doing the album version of Somewhere I Belong again in 2009 after using the drum/guitar intro for just about every performance of that song since 2004. The last time LP did the "regular" version of POA was...*checks* March of 2004. Wow.

Sometimes it's almost as noteworthy when LP DOESN'T do a special intro/outro to a song. I remember how surprising it was when they started doing the album version of Somewhere I Belong again in 2009 after using the drum/guitar intro for just about every performance of that song since 2004. The last time LP did the "regular" version of POA was...*checks* March of 2004. Wow.

yeah, quite time ago... but i guess i can see why, if they play all the songs all the time with their respective extended intros/outros they wouldn't be so special, and furthermore they would be able to play less songs per setlist. so since they aded some new extended intros/outros, they got rid of other ones.

shahwwey uploaded better quality if you want finish lyrics :P link

Edit: if I cant post this link you can remove :)

new and improved Until It Breaks raw lyrics

this is so___________getting people back to the factor,______________________

give you what you need like papa who shot ya?

separate the weak from the option?

lead to me I __________

switch styles of the dying, quick-witted,

y'all quit trippin' I don't have time for your cryin'

I grind_____ that you make your mind up

are you in the firin' squad or are you in the line-up?

bang bang little monkey___________ with your big guns, hold it get your slay I'm playin'

I'm just there you ain't got a sliver of a chance______________________ I'm just shat my pants down

so shake! shake! feel my money here's the breakdown

you can play the bank, I can play the big take down

and no mistakes now, comin' to get you

I'm back to you you're a brainwash, the picture is like that!