18.05.2012 - West Hollywood, CA - LPU Show

Time for the first preshow post of 2012!

On the 16th, LP played their first show of some sort of 2012 at their rehearsal studio Third Encore in Burbank, CA. This was a KROQ "winners only" rehearsal (show page here). From this rehearsal we can gather several things - 'New Divide', 'Given Up', 'Papercut', 'Waiting For The End', and 'Faint' will be played this year but hey, that's probably all a given except for 'Papercut' - we're VERY glad to see that one returning! 'BURN IT DOWN' made its live debut as well. One interesting thing from the rehearsal is 'Waiting For The End' is listed to have an 'Apaches Intro' and at the rehearsal had 'No ext. outro'. It'll be exciting to hear the new intro and possibly a new outro as well.

We also had a setlist sneek peak the other day via Phoenix on Twitter that had 'BURN IT DOWN', 'In The End', 'Numb', and 'Bleed It Out' (w/BBoys Bridge) in the encore. 'Numb' being placed in the encore for the first time is interesting and I know we're all stoked to hear the new bridge for 'Bleed It Out', which we assume will make its debut at this next show - a small, intimate LPU-only show at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, CA on the 18th! This will be the first full show of 2012 for the band and also the first time a touring cycle has kicked off with an LPU show since the 2003 LP Underground Tour.

The last LA show came at the Mayan last August (show page here) for a Music For Relief benefit show so it's no surprise that this show will have proceeds donated to Music For Relief again as well. The last time LP has played this actual venue was in 2007 for Jimmy Kimmel Live (show page here), where they played a full set. They have only played it one other time - the last show of 2002 (show page here) for a Young Angels benefit show that we don't know much about. Here's a sweet video of the Mayan show's 'Bleed It Out' with the fan-favorite 'A Place For My Head' bridge:

Since the last show for the band was all the way back in September in Singapore (show page here), we are excited to see the new setlist the band will debut in West Hollywood. At that show, 'One Step Closer' was in the number THREE (!) spot. Interesting! What songs would you like to see them play at this LPU show? Would you like an old song or two to return? Will we get 'With You' perhaps? Or will LP stick with a standard festival set since their European Tour starts soon? Would you like to see certain songs move around in the setlists? Or new intros/outros to any? Will we see more than one new song played?

Who's going to the show?! Anyone Tweeting it live for us?

The DSP website at downloads.linkinpark.com sadly hasn't been updated for 2012 shows yet so hopefully we get a DSP of this afterwards.

After this show, Linkin Park plays the Billboard Music Awards on the 20th in Las Vegas. The European Tour starts on the 26th in Lisboa at the Rock in Rio Festival and includes Rock am Ring, Rock im Park, and Pinkpop performances as well as appearances in Romania, Poland and Ukraine. This will be a great tour to start the LIVING THINGS touring cycle.

For the full 2012 tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint

03. Papercut

04. With You

05. Runaway

06. Given Up

07. Blackout

08. Somewhere I Belong

09. New Divide

10. Points Of Authority

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Medley)

14. The Catalyst

15. What I've Done

16. Crawling

17. One Step Closer

----------------------------------------------------

18. BURN IT DOWN

19. In The End

20. Numb

21. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage')

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be there!

I'll try and film WFTE, BIO, BID, and any new songs (I'm hoping) they might play.

If nobody else volunteers I can tweet the set as it happens as well. I'd rather someone else do it though since AT&T is garbage out here and I get really bad and/or spotty reception inside the HOB. If nothing else i'll make notes of it on my phone and tweet it after.

I'm very excited to see what kind of surprises they might have in store for us at this show! Here's to hoping they play a new song or two!

Awesome, have fun!

I'd like to see With You open up again and also A Place For My Head in full somewhere in there. Otherwise I don't care what they do because those 2 would be epic. Other hopeful ones but probably won't happen are Reading My Eyes and P5hng Me A*wy. Surely they get tired of playing the same songs over and over at least you would think, lol. From ATS: Wretches and Blackout but I bet Blackout won't return :( Maybe a longer outro to Faint, that'd be cool to expand on what they have already.

Just excited to see the band playing live again since it's been a while.

Wishful thinking- but it's an LPU show. LPU members would know the unreleased stuff, so time for QWERTY to make another appearance

Haha, that would be awesome but i doubt it

I think there's a better chance of them playing 26 Lettaz In Da Alphabet, but hey prove me wrong LP!

when did Chester say he didn't like QWERTY?

I can't recall specifically when, but I remeber during 2007/2008 that at everyone asking about why they rarely play that song, he said he didn't like that.

maybe it's one of the song (like Crawling or Given Up) hard for him to sing.

Edited by LPU90

I can't recall specifically when, but I remeber during 2007/2008 that at everyone asking about why they rarely play that song, he said he didn't like that.

maybe it's one of the song (like Crawling or Given Up) hard for him to sing.

i guess so, I imagine the rapid switches between scream/long, high notes is pretty straining.

I also expect this to be a singles setlist with Burn It Down as the only new song.

just being realistic, they're not going to whack out a mash-up or Robot Boy and Slip now are they...? -_-

i guess so, I imagine the rapid switches between scream/long, high notes is pretty straining.

I also expect this to be a singles setlist with Burn It Down as the only new song.

just being realistic, they're not going to whack out a mash-up or Robot Boy and Slip now are they...? -_-

They should totally play Blue, Across the Line, or What We Don't Know xD