Setlist Sneak Peek?

hahninator

With several shows coming up this week, including the House of Blues show in West Hollywood on Friday and a KROQ winner-only "secret" rehearsal most likely the day before, it's no secret the band is rehearsing for the upcoming tour.

Phoenix recently posted a picture on Twitter that includes the encore for what we can assume is a new setlist. The band I'm sure tries out several different sets and ideas during rehearsal so there's no telling if this will even be played live, but it's pretty cool to check out at least. Maybe this clues us in to what is going to be played Friday.

Check it out here. The rehearsal this came from was on May 10, 2012.

Posted Image

The portion we can view in the setlist is:

"Encore:

Burn It Down

In The End

Numb

Bleed It Out w/BBoys Bridge"

Thoughts on this? What song do you think they incorporated by the Beastie Boys into 'Bleed It Out'? Do you think this might mean the end of 'A Place For My Head'/'No Roads Left' being sung/played over it?

honestly, odd placing for numb but this shows that they are changing up the sets like they said (now lets hope for something brought back like With You or In Pieces)

Edited by Bliss

honestly, odd placing for numb but this shows that they are changing up the sets like they said (now lets hope for something brought back like With You or In Pieces)

glad someone else mentions In Pieces. Such a great live song:)

Numb in the encore? -_-

big single. go figure.

intrigued by the BBoys thing. I reckon beastie boys sound likely given that they had a member die (forgive my ignorance, I can't remember his name) and Mike's bound to have loved them/still love them :)

I want to see By Myself or Forgotten make an appearance again!!

weird encore ever by few fact:

- how the piano outro transtiton of Numb would work connected to Bleed It Out?, or the maybe ended just like they did before MTM era without any piano, (just like the album version)?

- how strange it's the BBoys followed LP all over for the all tour (it makes sense if it's only for the Honda Civic Tour)

the only normal things would be In The End as it was in the encore as usual and Burn It Down, in the same spot as New Divide in 2009 or The Catalyst in most shows during ATS era

Edited by LPU90

weird encore ever by few fact:

- how the piano outro transtiton of Numb would work connected to Bleed It Out?, or the maybe ended just like they did before MTM era without any piano, (just like the album version)?

- how strange it's the BBoys followed LP all over for the all tour (it makes sense if it's only for the Honda Civic Tour)

the only normal things would be In The End as it was in the encore as usual and Burn It Down, in the same spot as New Divide in 2009 or The Catalyst in most shows during ATS era

Numb and Bleed it Out are both in the same key, so I'd imagine some type of transition will take place between the two. Mike's done a What I've Done > Bleed it Out piano transition before, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with Numb.