18.05.2012 - West Hollywood, CA - LPU Show

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't stand people saying they should rotate WTCFM and Runaway, what do you think about at all?

That's just out of line, I wouldn't mind if you said full Iridescent or BITS, or everything else, but WTCFM..

I just don't understand why people love this "song" at all..

As of the setlist, well, it was very good to wake up to news like these.

I couldn't even imagine that one day I will hear "With You" live, but now it's very likely happening soon.

Also I'd be glad to see one of the heavier things from "Meteora" - From The Inside or Figure.09 or Don't Stay.

It would be good if they got rid of the medley, because medleys are not that kind of thing I'm into, playing a medley is like - "oh, hey, here's that song you wanted, but there's only a verse and a chorus, sorry if you like refrain more, bro!", so I'd rather hear one of these 3 songs in full or BITS instead of a medley.

I can't stand people saying they should rotate WTCFM and Runaway, what do you think about at all?

That's just out of line, I wouldn't mind if you said full Iridescent or BITS, or everything else, but WTCFM..

It's not that bad a song :lol:

although I must admit I'm not a massive fan of WTCFM, not for any particular reason, i think i prefer WFTE...

although I must admit I'm not a massive fan of WTCFM, not for any particular reason, i think i prefer WFTE...

I still want forgotten added! Everything looks good happy with sib back, but I would do poa reanimation version and add forgotten, I also think its time for a little longer setlist for the price of admission these days. I would maybe retire what I've done also to make room for better songs.

Edited by BaZz

I still want forgotten added! Everything looks good, but I would do poa reanimation version and add forgotten, I think time for a little longer setlist for price of admission these days.

fogotten's always felt a little...uncomfortable live for me.

the dual vocals thing in the chorus doesn't work too well IMO. you never know, they may bring it back, but then again we don't know if this setlist is going to stick around, we could have an overload of bitching if they go back to a singles set :lol:

I joke, I think alot of this is going to stick - I thought the Medley was pretty cool, not usre if they'll do Bboys at every show though

fogotten's always felt a little...uncomfortable live for me.

the dual vocals thing in the chorus doesn't work too well IMO. you never know, they may bring it back, but then again we don't know if this setlist is going to stick around, we could have an overload of bitching if they go back to a singles set :lol:

I joke, I think alot of this is going to stick - I thought the Medley was pretty cool, not usre if they'll do Bboys at every show though

I dust love the lyrics by mike in that song, even by myself would be nice.

As of the setlist, well, it was very good to wake up to news like these.

I couldn't even imagine that one day I will hear "With You" live, but now it's very likely happening soon.

Also I'd be glad to see one of the heavier things from "Meteora" - From The Inside or Figure.09 or Don't Stay.

It would be good if they got rid of the medley, because medleys are not that kind of thing I'm into, playing a medley is like - "oh, hey, here's that song you wanted, but there's only a verse and a chorus, sorry if you like refrain more, bro!", so I'd rather hear one of these 3 songs in full or BITS instead of a medley.

Why rotate out Runaway for WTCFM? Because Runaway is a shitty song and WTCFM has a comparable amount of energy. BITS or Iridescent wouldn't work because it would interrupt the fast-paced nature that the band is going for.

On the contrary, the medley pleases fans of each song while not compromising the show by doing all three in full versions. SotD is a shitty live song and LOATR was starting to get boring, especially because Chester's voice over the chorus lacks the passion of the studio version. The only thing I would prefer is to perhaps have the medley slot rotate between the medley, that fucking amazing piano version of LOATR, and Iridescent. But having the medley end with Iridescent is a great idea nonetheless, because the song doesn't sputter out like most of the ballads do in a live setting.

Also, congrats on making mod, LGraham. You're gonna have to deal with a whole bunch of shit come album-release time.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

For me, it is the worst song they've ever done.

Well, I can listen to it while listening to ATS from back to back, because it seems like it's in the right place then, but as a stand alone song, or a part of a live set I can't stand it most of times :)

I still want forgotten added!

true, By Myself would be cool.

Guys, sorry to smash your dreams with a stone, but let's keep it real: the chance of "By Myself" and "Forgotten" being played again is close to none :unsure:

I'd love to hear both of them too, but that's just not even a possibility, I guess.

I only hope that they won't cut out "With You" and "Runaway", so I see that set in Moscow and St.-Petersburg and will have a chance to get very crazy in the pit, haha.

Why rotate out Runaway for WTCFM? Because Runaway is a shitty song and WTCFM has a comparable amount of energy. BITS or Iridescent wouldn't work because it would interrupt the fast-paced nature that the band is going for.

On the contrary, the medley pleases fans of each song while not compromising the show by doing all three in full versions. SotD is a shitty live song and LOATR was starting to get boring, especially because Chester's voice over the chorus lacks the passion of the studio version. The only thing I would prefer is to perhaps have the medley slot rotate between the medley, that fucking amazing piano version of LOATR, and Iridescent. But having the medley end with Iridescent is a great idea nonetheless, because the song doesn't sputter out like most of the ballads do in a live setting.

Also, congrats on making mod, LGraham. You're gonna have to deal with a whole bunch of shit come album-release time.

You must be mad if "WTCFM" has a comparable amount of energy with "Runaway".

Sorry, but it's not even close.

"Runaway" is the song that makes you jump all over the place, the song that makes you scream these three words with Chester, while "WTCFM" is like taking a warm shower, it doesn't make you move, it isn't anger driven song even, so how could it be that it has a comparable amount of energy with "Runaway"?

No way, man, sorry.

As for the medley part:

Oh, well, remember that 2007, 2008, 2009, man?

The setlists were pretty intense on the one hand, and pretty stripped down on the other:

2007: SOTD, LOATR, TLTGYA, BTH, Numb.

2008: SOTD, LOATR, Valentine's Day, My December\Pushing Me Away, BTH, Numb.

2009: SOTD, LOATR, BTH, Numb.

It never did compromise the show, I suppose, it just makes the show better, as for me, because the show should showcase every part of band's music, and while I've grown tired of Numb, I'd prefer to hear SOTD again, it brings me back to 2009, man, I was 15, and holy shit, it was one of the first times I really felt something from hearing live music, even though it was my 10 -15th live show(of any artist) at the time.

I'm against medleys at all, because it's like f***ing in the ass, the song is a piece of art and a stand alone thing - you better play nothing of it, than just a part.

And the last thing is me wanting to hear Iridescent live at all, haha, because it's one of the best their songs, and one of the three best songs on ATS.

Well, at the end of the day, it's just my opinion, some may agree, some may disagree, yours one seem to be different, and that's okay ;)

Edited by iamthecentury

good point - high energy setlists for the win!

given up-blackout holy ****...

thanks man! and yeah, i know... :P

oh my bad.. guess its missing some songs.. 2 or 3. Its a mix of the youtube's videos.

no, no I mean the link posted in the youtube info box for download is asking for a login to bazinga!...

I remember, Tinfoil remember me a song that Chester played on piano in the first LPTV 'Buried At Sea' in the 4:03, sounds a little bit like Tinfoil :D

slightly

i think the chord progression is right, but the order of notes seems a little different in the final version.

if it is Tinfoil that Chester was playing, then it's not the first time Tinfoil hints have been dropped in LPTV - go look up the album cover one, it can be heard playing in the background from 1m onwards

Thank you!! Also in response to the whole WTCFM business, I love that song, it represents the epic side of the band. Runaway is a crowd pleaser, nothing more. Both are good in their own respective ways, but the first would probably fit more in a setlist aimed to please the new era fans. Probably a safer choice.

2 or 4 more songs would make this setlist perfect, Dont Stay/A Place For My Head/WTCFM/BITS or HIGH VOLTAGE !! If they pulled off last night then the summer is going to be someting :)

BTW Runaway is a REALLY good song, it charted on the radio remember? Come on in this rate they should do HT in FULL :)

Hell i can see Robot Boy make a debut!

Posted Image

Puking rainbows for WITH YOU being played! YEES!!

Sweet setlist, really enjoyed Runaway and the soft Medley...

I just hope this show comes out as DSP (please very please) if the setlist is not going to be repeated in Europe.

Can anybody tell what's the Apaches intro (I don't know this song/band) for WFTE and what's Until it Breaks verses?

Edited by Trang

Thank you!! Also in response to the whole WTCFM business, I love that song, it represents the epic side of the band. Runaway is a crowd pleaser, nothing more. Both are good in their own respective ways, but the first would probably fit more in a setlist aimed to please the new era fans. Probably a safer choice.

See, the only reason I don't see why they rotate WTCFM with Runaway is because the styles are so different.

i.e. Rotate Runaway and APFMH, WTCFM and W&K

As far as the show goes - I like the setlist, kinda follows my perceived "theme" of this album cycle where it's utilizing the "best of what they've done".

The medley was awesome. I was a little skeptical because I love LOATR and Iridescent and was disappointed they weren't there in full. I especially liked how the medley followed the format of Iridescent. LOATR with just piano and vocals like the first verse, SOTD with some more music, then bridge and outro with the band in full.

I couldn't really hear the words in the Until it Breaks, but I really liked the flow Mike had in it.