LPTV - European Tour 2011 - Part 1

LPxDC

On my first show, i was the only guy who was singing and probably knew all the songs they were playing, but when started songs like Numb the people started say,"yeah, this song is good". i don't know if this is at every LP show, but i think its because it was a festival..

Yes, probably the Festival-situation strongened that effect, but yeah… Of course Numb is one of those songs everybody knows and everybody rocks to.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester said that the hardest song to sing is crawling, because of the long high notes on the chorus, i cant think another song that is more difficult than crawling. maybe in pieces, I don't know. So i think he just don't like to sing qwerty, like Runaway. I guess him don't like runaway because of the lyrics. But qwerty i don't know why. and i don't care either, i don't like that song.

Even if that new fan doesn't know the "older song", if they happen to like it, which is very likely because they are a professional band that has a professional live sound, it will only make them dive deeper into their discography.

Theres zero excuse for not playing an old song. And its not like we're asking for them to create an album that will be HT part 3. we are asking for a HT song to be played live. difference.

Edited by FaiNt

Thinking about it… It's kind of a circle:

Having Warner on their side -> certain restrictions -> chance to become very popular -> a lot of album sells -> huge stages -> money -> seems like their sellouts, when doing new stuff, which is different, but can only become really popular again having Warner on their side -> …

If we want to play all around the world on huge stages with huge crowds, well… that's what selling out means, in a way, because they simply can't play stuff like Qwerty regularly then.

And by the way, we don't know for sure, whether Chester or whomever is responsible for not playing those songs either way.

Gosh, that was a long post. I'm sorry!

trying to get popular? again, how much more popular can they get? They are already a globally known band.

also, at this rate, they are going to alienate the fans of MTM, and then ATS, and eventually of the next album just for the current fans

Edited by FaiNt

The setlists on ATS tour are almost equal. Like, they play the singles and some songs from the new album + some intros, that intro thing I think is ridiculous, they shoud be included in the songs not be counted as part of the setlist. Instead of all those simillar intros they should play other songs.

For example Limp Bizkit, they doesn't plan a setlist they just go with the flow and see what happens. In the middle of the concert they make changes on the set, they ask the crowd what they wnat to hear and that's a pretty nice thing. I think that LP should do that to, they should just play what they want, not be stucked in this setlist thing.

Thats nice, but we have the right form an opinion. And they are fortunate to be playing on such stages, and having fans. There are THOUSANDS of immensely talented musicians who are just as talented as LP but they will never reach their fame or fortune. SO, if we the fans, who pay the tickets to go see them live *which is where the main $$$ comes from* then we reserve the right to bitch when we can't even get ONE old song. How many fans are they trying to get by playing nothing but singles? Yeah, some people will be disappointed if they don't play this certain single... so what. Do something for the fans who have been there through every evolution stage. They are not gods or above bitching and complaining.

They are extremely commercial to the point that its annoying, i'm not calling them sellouts per se either.

Lets not forget that LP were once no bodies as well, they've worked extremely hard to get to where they are now.

As for Chester's screaming, maybe he is trying to preserve his voice for as long as possible because he is human after all and after 10 years of screaming like he does it probably has taken a toll on him.

I would be happy to hear With You und Qwerty live - extremly happy. I understand the point with the hardcore fans in comparison with the causual fans, but they can play just ONE old song(excluding PC, OSC etc.) per set, which is maybe 1/19 (excluding Interludes). Or at least maybe once or twice a tour. They don't have to play such songs permanently. However, I'd enjoy the shows anyway.

Look, It seems like some people are taking me as a ATS lover and I hate all these sick ass songs.

Honestly, Id fucking love it if APFMH came back along with Reading My Eyes, QWERTY, Figure.09 and shit like that. But guys its really hard for guys just to include that in a set for maybe 100-500 die hard fans when its an audience of 20000 arena show. Get me? People to pay to see Linkin Park and expect to hear what they know as a casual listener. The guys cant walk out there and Do LPU8 MMM Cookies back to front and get away with it.

There at that point of their career were they need to be really picky about what stuff they put it now.

Look, It seems like some people are taking me as a ATS lover and I hate all these sick ass songs.

Honestly, Id fucking love it if APFMH came back along with Reading My Eyes, QWERTY, Figure.09 and shit like that. But guys its really hard for guys just to include that in a set for maybe 100-500 die hard fans when its an audience of 20000 arena show. Get me? People to pay to see Linkin Park and expect to hear what they know as a casual listener. The guys cant walk out there and Do LPU8 MMM Cookies back to front and get away with it.

There at that point of their career were they need to be really picky about what stuff they put it now.

I agree.

Yeah, I do get your point, but I just don't see a problem in extending their setlists. Why don't they play their normal "boring" set and add 2-3 old songs?! "With You" or "Figure.09" for example are normal songs that are on the same records as "In The End" or "Numb" and I'm sure lots of people know them even if they aren't hardcore fans.

I would be happy with this solution and I know a lot of others would be too. Do you remember the Paris show? By adding A Place For My Head to the set, it suddenly became 'the best setlist ever'...

And I'm paying 70€ for one ticket, I can expect a longer setlist. If Chester can't do these songs anymore, they should lower the prices...

The "casual" listener just wants to see a great show, and doesn't really care particularly to much on which song is played. And there will be more than 100-500 fans who would recognize stuff off of HT/MT.

WIth you/APFMH/QWERTY/FIgure.09 are not LPU songs. nor are they mmm cookie level songs. THey are actual songs that would rock the house and the casual listener would think it would be cool as fuck to hear some rockin music and unexpected music being played.

If they can't play ONE of those songs then thats a joke. And its THEIR concert, they can get away with anything they want.

i get the whole "most of the people in the crowd are casual mainstream listeners", but trust me it would not hurt anyone if they included just ONE good old song like With You. It will actually make the show 10x better since the die hard fans will explode and trigger a great crowd re-action in he pit. And from experience i know that most of the hardcore fans are satisfied with very little value added thus even one song will make a world of difference.

It is actually in LPs best interest to include such a song in every playlist.

Mike was just playing his normal piano parts on Numb.

People need to get over this whole setlist thing. If the band feel like playing a song and they all agree with it then that's probably the only way it's going to happen.

I'm happy with all the music, I feel the set(s) have a good mix of new and old.

Even if that new fan doesn't know the "older song", if they happen to like it, which is very likely because they are a professional band that has a professional live sound, it will only make them dive deeper into their discography.

Theres zero excuse for not playing an old song. And its not like we're asking for them to create an album that will be HT part 3. we are asking for a HT song to be played live. difference.

The "casual" listener just wants to see a great show, and doesn't really care particularly to much on which song is played. And there will be more than 100-500 fans who would recognize stuff off of HT/MT.

WIth you/APFMH/QWERTY/FIgure.09 are not LPU songs. nor are they mmm cookie level songs. THey are actual songs that would rock the house and the casual listener would think it would be cool as fuck to hear some rockin music and unexpected music being played.

If they can't play ONE of those songs then thats a joke. And its THEIR concert, they can get away with anything they want.

i get the whole "most of the people in the crowd are casual mainstream listeners", but trust me it would not hurt anyone if they included just ONE good old song like With You. It will actually make the show 10x better since the die hard fans will explode and trigger a great crowd re-action in he pit. And from experience i know that most of the hardcore fans are satisfied with very little value added thus even one song will make a world of difference.

It is actually in LPs best interest to include such a song in every playlist.

agree with all three posts. Just add one old song or rare song in each set (i don't even care if its MTM rare)

Like rotate one song each concert like figure.09, With You, Qwerty, In Pieces, Don't Stay, Points of Authority rotated each setlist, maybe other songs then thoose if they want but i think its realistic and would make the setlist 100% better because of it

Edited by Bliss

agree with all three posts. Just add one old song or rare song in each set (i don't even care if its MTM rare)

Like rotate one song each concert like figure.09, With You, Qwerty, In Pieces, Don't Stay, Points of Authority rotated each setlist, maybe other songs then thoose if they want but i think its realistic and would make the setlist 100% better because of it

Agreed. WTF ever happened to songs like With You, Runaway, By Myself, Forgotten, Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Figure.09, Nobody's Listening, In Pieces, Valentine's Day, Hands Held High, etc, they haven't been played in like forever for some reason.

Agreed. WTF ever happened to songs like With You, Runaway, By Myself, Forgotten, Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Figure.09, Nobody's Listening, In Pieces, Valentine's Day, Hands Held High, etc, they haven't been played in like forever for some reason.

LP only cares about Singles and current album. its going to be the same for next album. Singles/then that album.

LP only cares about Singles and current album. its going to be the same for next album. Singles/then that album.

I can already predict next set lists. LOL.

Papercut

One Step Closer

Crawling

In The End

Somewhere I Belong

Faint

Breaking The Habit

Numb

Given Up

Bleed It Out

What I've Done

No More Sorrow (Most likely even though it's not a single)

Shadow Of The Day

The Catalyst

Waiting For The End

Iridescent

When They Come For Me (Most likely even though it's not a single)

And some new songs from the new album. :P

Speaking of setlists, I am very afraid to not see W&K anymore. I am dreaming of POA, followed by a 1 minute scratch freestyle from joe and then into W&K.^^

I don't think we'll see Wretches or The Messenger anymore for some reason...they barely played them in 2011 and I don't see them returning for the next album cycle.

This. The "we only want to play songs that everyone's heard of" excuse is really pathetic. Also, if a mainstream listener goes to a concert, they wouldn't (or they shouldn't) expect to know every song that's part of the set. People don't really care if the songs sound familiar or not. As long as it's good music, no one's complaining. And I don't see why they think it's so wrong for mainstream listeners -who sometimes think they're the "greatest LP fans evar"- to discover more of Linkin Park's songs.

I don't think we'll see Wretches or The Messenger anymore for some reason...they barely played them in 2011 and I don't see them returning for the next album cycle.

I think they'll only play The Catalyst, WFTE, WTCFM and Iridescent off ATS;

maybe BITS and/or Blackout sometimes.

then in the net touring cycle (with the new record) I've seen BITS and Blackout disapperead and probably also WTCFM or Iridescent (one of these two)

also I don't see Robot Boy make a debut - even if in it's simplified form - as what Chester said about Crawling (the long note)

Edited by LPU90