LPTV - European Tour 2011 - Part 1

LPxDC

I will be disappointed if they won't show some footage of Leipzig in the next part...don't get me wrong, I don't want to complain again but that was the best show of the tour for me.

Gee I wonder why

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Pheonix and Mike at the coffee machine .. I laughed so hard :D

But damnit, it's summer .. I wanna see the weather .. even though it's fucked up in Germany here.

Maybe well get the colorful one on the next DVD as easter eggs ^^

What did Chaz said about QWERTY? I realldy didn't understand it

Basically that the band had an idea of playing Qwerty but Chester didn't want to. He never wants to play anything good. I wish Mike would just be like ''We're fucking playing it, get over it''.

Basically that the band had an idea of playing Qwerty but Chester didn't want to. He never wants to play anything good. I wish Mike would just be like ''We're fucking playing it, get over it''.

Shit, Qwerty 'd have been a great addition to the setlist. I also remember Chester once refused to play Reading My Eyes when the rest of the band was ok to play it. That's quite annoying from him. :-/ Edited by Qwerty18

where have you been? lol.

oh, here and there haha. We can surely thank Chester for turning LP into a band that dances in Lillis and sunflowers now. now that his "inner beast" is no longer there.gtfo with that lol. Its like saying, i'm no longer a man lol Edited by FaiNt

It just pisses me off that the ENTIRE rest of the band is willing to play songs like Qwerty, RME, With You, etc. and they don't play them because Chester doesn't want to. I am a die hard Chester fan, but that is kind of silly. Just because he is the 'lead singer' doesn't mean they shouldn't play fan favorite songs ONCE IN A WHILE, I'm not asking for them to play this stuff every night. I don't see why Chester hates screaming and singing aggressively SO much when he says he loves it at the same time.

It's ridiculous that he never wants to do the aggressive songs with LP but had a bunch of aggressive stuff on DBS.

Yeah, I agree. Mike wanted to play Qwerty, and I know the band wanted to do 'With You' this Summer or else they wouldn't have brought it up. Chester also refused to play RME in 2008, probably why we didn't get it on Milton Keynes, and he hates like all aggressive LP songs pretty much. I don't know why. And I agree, DBS had some really dark and aggressive stuff on it. I have no idea. I wish Mike could make it happen... Mike is like the core of LP, he actually wants to play the fan favorites for us.

Chester isn't that old. LP has only REALLY released 4 albums in over 10 years... Why the hell doesn't he want to scream or do anything aggressive anymore? We saw with Blackout or Wretches for example, on ATS, that he can have that aggressive vocal performance WITHOUT it sounding nu-metal. And I don't see what the big deal about occasionally playing some older fan favorites is...

Edited by Geki

I dont see why everyone had to bitch about a bands decision. Its clearly not up to us. Just enjoy the music for a change and the fact that they are still out there almost every night playing for you 'fans' who seem to bitch and moan about them all the time. Come on.

Edited by Pez

I dont see why everyone had to bitch about a bands decision. Its clearly not up to us. Just enjoy the music for a change and the fact that they are still out there almost every night playing for you 'fans' who seem to bitch and moan about them all the time. Come on.

Qwerty is better than Rolling In The Deep, though.

Qwerty is better than Rolling In The Deep, though.

Thats not the point. The point is the guys are taking time out of their personal lives with their families and all to go tour the world and promote music that their proud of and here we have fans bitching over what song they played. Like FFS.

Thats not the point. The point is the guys are taking time out of their personal lives with their families and all to go tour the world and promote music that their proud of and here we have fans bitching over what song they played. Like FFS.

Thats nice, but we have the right form an opinion. And they are fortunate to be playing on such stages, and having fans. There are THOUSANDS of immensely talented musicians who are just as talented as LP but they will never reach their fame or fortune. SO, if we the fans, who pay the tickets to go see them live *which is where the main $$$ comes from* then we reserve the right to bitch when we can't even get ONE old song. How many fans are they trying to get by playing nothing but singles? Yeah, some people will be disappointed if they don't play this certain single... so what. Do something for the fans who have been there through every evolution stage. They are not gods or above bitching and complaining.

They are extremely commercial to the point that its annoying, i'm not calling them sellouts per se either.

Edited by FaiNt

woah, I saw this episode last night (brilliant as usual) but I didn't even notice them talking about QWERTY at all. I'm gonna have to watch this again. What point in the video did it come up? And what show where they planing to do it for?

Thats nice, but we have the right form an opinion. And they are fortunate to be playing on such stages, and having fans. There are THOUSANDS of immensely talented musicians who are just as talented as LP but they will never reach their fame or fortune. SO, if we the fans, who pay the tickets to go see them live *which is where the main $$$ comes from* then we reserve the right to bitch when we can't even get ONE old song. How many fans are they trying to get by playing nothing but singles? Yeah, some people will be disappointed if they don't play this certain single... so what. Do something for the fans who have been there through every evolution stage. They are not gods or above bitching and complaining.

They are extremely commercial to the point that its annoying, i'm not calling them sellouts per se either.

was about to post this exact post.

well said

+100000000000

Thats nice, but we have the right form an opinion. And they are fortunate to be playing on such stages, and having fans. There are THOUSANDS of immensely talented musicians who are just as talented as LP but they will never reach their fame or fortune. SO, if we the fans, who pay the tickets to go see them live *which is where the main $$ comes from* then we reserve the right to bitch when we can't even get ONE old song. How many fans are they trying to get by playing nothing but singles? Yeah, some people will be disappointed if they don't play this certain single... so what. Do something for the fans who have been there through every evolution stage. They are not gods or above bitching and complaining.

+1000000. Great post, I agree fully. And for the record, Qwerty was replaced for Rolling In The Deep, LP could have still played ALL the singles AND Qwerty but they did a piano version of some Adele song instead, that they already did at a Summit.

Maybe if we annoy them enough QWERTY could make an appearance. My friend asked them at the Chicago summit, and Chester was immediately like no, 99.5% chance we will never play it again. While Mike and Brad looked excited haha.

Wow..I wonder if it's because the screaming is too hard for him or something. Otherwise, I see no reason why Chester can't play the song, he shouldn't have the full jurisdiction. Wow.

I do get your point, but I kinda have to settle with PEZ on this one.

I remember an interview of Chester saying he didn't want to do the same thing over and over again and if he didn't stop screaming now he would never do so (which, yeah, to a certain point is a little ridiculous because he should be able to stop screaming at anytime, but I get his point).

Couple of things to remind here:

As Mike once said, there are like literally millions of people liking LP on Facebook, and also quite a lot (I don't know any numbers and to be honest, I don't care about 'em because that's not the point) people, who own their music. Now, of those already only a very small percentage ever gets to see the band live in concert. Again, I don't count and I'm not gonna, but let's just look at one concert and you'll get my point:

There are like 5,000 people watching this band per concert (of which maybe 100 have been to a concert of the same tour before and probably 3,000-4,900 to a concert of Linkin Park in general).

Of those 5,000 on a special day such as a Summit there may be like 200-300 LPU members, who I would consider pretty hardcore fans. Otherwise it's probably only a good hundred of hardcore LP fans.

Furthermore maybe 1,000 people, nay, let's even pretend it were 2,000 to make the numbers easier, know the song Qwerty or Reading My Eyes or Across The Line or…, so for Linkin Park, as a very popular band it is commercially and also for at least half of the people watching, probably even a majority, nonsense to play songs like that.

Yes, With You or Figure.09 (which I both, as well as Qwerty and RMY and ACTL and… would LOVE to see live because I never got the chance to in LPs early days) are known by more people, but I alone know a ton of people, who were at the Hamburg concert after the Summit and knew One Step Closer and In The End off of Hybrid Theory. They knew Faint, Numb and the other more popular songs of Meteora, but Minutes Midnight and A Thousand Suns in their entireties - guess what, the fan base you mentioned, which makes concerts with stages huge like LP plays them possible, unfortunately comes from MTM and ATS. It's sad, but it's reality.

Also, it's usual for artists that they don't want to play the same stuff all over again and again, I can tell, and probably everyone who makes music him/herself understands that, too.

Plus, heavier songs like Wretches and Kings and Blackout… how often did you see them played lately? Exactly, hardly at all. Songs like Given Up, Faint and No More Sorrow are songs, which carry the set, which are likely to have been heard by the crowd and to rocked to by the crowd, but which are other screaming songs do they play (except that Chaz has started to do screams in What I've Done and The Catalyst, for example, which shows that he still COULD but apparently doesn't WANT to)?

Songs like the one's mentioned above are awesome, but only make sense to be played at something like an LPUTour (which would be hard to realize, too… Do you organize one concert in every region or country of the world? Because there are lots of members all around the world but sure not enough to do a complete world tour…)

But so what? Did you ever not enjoy a Linkin Park concert? Have you ever had a similar fan-near experience with any other even slightly as popular band? I haven't, and I love it the way it is.

Plus, would you really like another Hybrid Theory? Would you really stick with a band that does the same stuff over and over again? I wouldn't and I almost literally love almost every style and genre of music, so I'm open to new stuff LP does and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm not saying you're not a real fan or anything if you do not agree, that's bullsh*t - a real fan states his true opinion. Of course, my arguments kinda lead to the thought of LP being sell-outs, but seriously… The music they create is nothing like the pop-dance crap we get from Lady Gaga and all of the pop-artists! LP doesn't need stories, they don't need the press, they just create music, do their thing with Music for Relief and that's it. You like or you don't, that's fine. And that's what I love about this band!

P.S.

Thinking about it… It's kind of a circle:

Having Warner on their side -> certain restrictions -> chance to become very popular -> a lot of album sells -> huge stages -> money -> seems like their sellouts, when doing new stuff, which is different, but can only become really popular again having Warner on their side -> …

If we want to play all around the world on huge stages with huge crowds, well… that's what selling out means, in a way, because they simply can't play stuff like Qwerty regularly then.

And by the way, we don't know for sure, whether Chester or whomever is responsible for not playing those songs either way.

Gosh, that was a long post. I'm sorry!

What i think is, they can play older songs, some of the guys want too, but one guy on the band don't want play it, because they don't like it or whatever. would be great to see Pushing Me Away or little things return, but i dont care if they don't. what i like about they don't play something for too long, is the fact that when they play something that isn't played for one long time, they make that song especial.

On my first show, i was the only guy who was singing and probably knew all the songs they were playing, but when started songs like Numb the people started say,"yeah, this song is good". i don't know if this is at every LP show, but i think its because it was a festival. and i wasn't in the vip area. bexcause i dind't have the money to pay for it.

what happened, i enjoyed the show so much and the setlist was great.