LPTV - European Tour 2011 - Part 1

LPxDC

I think they could debut Robot Boy, just mike and chester singing. with the same vocal effects on Jornda Del Muerto, like a lot of reverb. And at the end, phoenix, brad, hahn could help. I really think this could work, but, I don't know if mike would be able to sing while playing the synth solo.

Edited by Malvar LP

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm in the middle of this debate. I'm perfectly happy with the sets their putting out now, It a great mix of the new and the old with the best tracks off the 4 main albums. But like a lot of people here, I'd love to see more old songs brought back.

Heck, I'd die for a full encore of LP playing the HT EP in full, but I know that will never happen :lol:

But like everyone's been saying on this thread all they need to do for ever 2 or gigs or so is play just ONE old, non-single track. It doesn't have to be a b-side, it doesn't have to be a demo, but it could be just as simple as With you or In pieces.

I was very lucky when I saw LP back in 2008 as they played A place for my head in the encore. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they'd play it, but they did. That's one song was probably what made that show for me. So its proof that even if its just one song, it can change your opinion on a setlist just like that.

I understand what the band are saying that the 'causal fans' wouldn't know it or appreciate it, but as far as I remember, everyone in the O2 went apeshit when brad hit the first note of a Place for my head. The roar of the crowd was deafening at that point. here's proof (see at 1.56) :

So I call "bullshit" if they think casual fans love it :awesome:

Edited by Bennington_Hahn

What I don't understand is, they're saying that the need that long time to make sure that every song is perfect and they do what THEY LIKE and LOVE. I'd understand when they'd say okay I am kinda bored to play it but I don't understand why Chester HATEs songs such as QWERTY.

But the sets are amazing anyhow.

If casual listeners aren't going to know some of the older songs, I highly doubt that they'll know newer ones like Blackout and WTCFM. So there's no excuse for not playing ONE older song.

Yeah, i'm SURE that the only reason the they don't play any older non singles songs is Chester that for some uknown reson doesn't want to.

I like the agressive energy of older shows (in particular 2003-2004) but I think that will NEVER happened again.

I think I'm in the middle of this debate. I'm perfectly happy with the sets their putting out now, It a great mix of the new and the old with the best tracks off the 4 main albums. But like a lot of people here, I'd love to see more old songs brought back.

Heck, I'd die for a full encore of LP playing the HT EP in full, but I know that will never happen :lol:

But like everyone's been saying on this thread all they need to do for ever 2 or gigs or so is play just ONE old, non-single track. It doesn't have to be a b-side, it doesn't have to be a demo, but it could be just as simple as With you or In pieces.

I was very lucky when I saw LP back in 2008 as they played A place for my head in the encore. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they'd play it, but they did. That's one song was probably what made that show for me. So its proof that even if its just one song, it can change your opinion on a setlist just like that.

I understand what the band are saying that the 'causal fans' wouldn't know it or appreciate it, but as far as I remember, everyone in the O2 went apeshit when brad hit the first note of a Place for my head. The roar of the crowd was deafening at that point. here's proof (see at 1.56) :

So I call "bullshit" if they think casual fans love it :awesome:

I agree that I have been pretty damn lucky too with the shows I have been to over the years. I probably should stop bitching about sets now that I think about it. I've seen songs like Runaway, Valentine's Day, Hands Held High, A Place For My Head (Twice), Breaking The Habit (Full Piano Version), Don't Stay, In Pieces, and more...

Chester is soft now. plain and simple

Because you saw a two second clip where the entire band agreed upon not playing Qwerty? He's soft? Really? 100% of the fault of them not playing old songs does not lie on Chester. He is not the only person in the entire band that controls what's on the setlist. Odds are the majority of the band was in perfect agreement to not play Qwerty. God the 5 pages of whining about nothing in this thread are ridiculous.

Because you saw a two second clip where the entire band agreed upon not playing Qwerty? He's soft? Really? 100% of the fault of them not playing old songs does not lie on Chester. He is not the only person in the entire band that controls what's on the setlist. Odds are the majority of the band was in perfect agreement to not play Qwerty. God the 5 pages of whining about nothing in this thread are ridiculous.

no because the majority of their songs are now ballads and soft.

no because the majority of their songs are now ballads and soft.

That's not bad, it is? they always had soft song:

She couldn't, My december, Pushing Me Away, Easier To Run, Numb. And now that they aren't that much comercial as in the past, they just do what they like, probably the soft songs. and i don't care if the song is soft or heavy. GOD listen to when they come for me, it's a great song and heavy, and then listen to Robot Boy, it's a slow song and "FOR ME, MY OPINION" is the best song on ATS.

Surprisingly, I think Robot Boy is the one of the best, if not THE best song on ATS. I love LP's studio albums, I don't care if ATS had more slower songs. I just think that for a LIVE SHOW, the set should have tons of energy and they should play classics for people that are coming out, paying to see them play live. Try to please everyone, you know? Like some slower stuff, some heavy ass stuff (Not just GU, OSC, NMS, songs like Figure.09, Qwerty, APFMH, By Myself, With You, Hit The Floor, etc.) and everything else in between. All the band would need to do is drop some of the slower songs that make the show boring during the set, and replace them with some of the above mentioned songs, and it would be amazing every show. For example,

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Wretches And Kings

04. Lying From You

05. Given Up

06. What I've Done

07. Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Numb

12. In The End

13. The Catalyst

14. Crawling

15. Faint

16. One Step Closer

*ENCORE*

17. Figure.09

18. New Divide

19. With You

20. A Place For My Head

21. Bleed It Out

And alternate songs like Figure.09, With You, APFMH every night with songs like By Myself, Qwerty, By Myself, etc......

Edited by Geki

That's not bad, it is? they always had soft song:

She couldn't, My december, Pushing Me Away, Easier To Run, Numb. And now that they aren't that much comercial as in the past, they just do what they like, probably the soft songs. and i don't care if the song is soft or heavy. GOD listen to when they come for me, it's a great song and heavy, and then listen to Robot Boy, it's a slow song and "FOR ME, MY OPINION" is the best song on ATS.

not bad at all, i loved ATS don't get me wrong, and i love ballads and soft songs and deep songs. Chester is soft live now

And alternate songs like Figure.09, With You, APFMH every night with songs like By Myself, Qwerty, By Myself, etc......

Then If this happens, I would then see fans bitching that they didnt get to hear that 1 hardcore oldschool song they wanted. So no matter what not everyone will be happy.