Quick question? Ask here!

DecanoLP

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it ever explained why the band was late to their show on 8/08 (I think that's the date)? I'm thinking of the one where Chester came out and said it was for a good reason. It says on that page's show notes that he injured his back.

Edited by ATylerInTheSand

Was it ever explained why the band was late to their show on 8/08 (I think that's the date)? I'm thinking of the one where Chester came out and said it was for a good reason. It says on that page's show notes that he injured his back.

No official explanation was ever given. Chester flat-out refused to discuss it when asked, and the only thing anyone else said about it was Mike saying "Chester felt terrible" when talking about the show in one of the Linkin Logs.

No official explanation was ever given. Chester flat-out refused to discuss it when asked, and the only thing anyone else said about it was Mike saying "Chester felt terrible" when talking about the show in one of the Linkin Logs.

Probably a back injury, or something. Because on Twitter back in August, someone asked him why they didn't play Given Up that night and he said something along the lines of ''I'm sorry we had to cut songs, I didn't feel well that night, I'm surprised I even performed''.

Do the sample triggers on Rob's drumset change throughout any of the shows or does he have enough? For example, Faint's drum intro comes from the samples but he doesn't use those samples for other songs.

They change, just like Joe and Mike's pad samples do. Even with all of the extra triggers added to his kit over the years, he still uses the two "flat" Pintech pads next to his hi-hat for the majority of his triggered stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Do the sample triggers on Rob's drumset change throughout any of the shows or does he have enough? For example, Faint's drum intro comes from the samples but he doesn't use those samples for other songs.

Yes.

The only reason I know they change from show to show is this... Go watch APFMH from the performances in 2012 where they weren't planning to play it. Bucharest and Noblesville if I recall correctly. Rob doesn't have the APFMH samples (from the bridge) in his kit for those shows, since APFMH isn't in the setlist at those shows. Instead, he just hits the snare. I don't know how exactly that stuff is preloaded, though. Maybe they have a computer with the setlist on it preload it before every show, or something. Astat, do you have any information?

What is the average ticket price to a Linkin Park show?

Considering various countries, various zones in the venue, but approximately for the same time period (not counting ticket prices in 2000-2012 for example).

It really changes worldwide, a lot. Honda Civic Tour and Carnivores, after fees, were $112+ for pit. This San Antonio radio festival, and Tucson in 2014, are both $40~ since they are festivals. LP headlining is pretty expensive - go check the show pages we have tickets for and that's the price before fees. When LP plays in New Zealand and Australia, I think they are automatically more expensive than USA shows due to how expensive it is for LP to get down there and play.

Yes.

The only reason I know they change from show to show is this... Go watch APFMH from the performances in 2012 where they weren't planning to play it. Bucharest and Noblesville if I recall correctly. Rob doesn't have the APFMH samples (from the bridge) in his kit for those shows, since APFMH isn't in the setlist at those shows. Instead, he just hits the snare. I don't know how exactly that stuff is preloaded, though. Maybe they have a computer with the setlist on it preload it before every show, or something. Astat, do you have any information?

It really changes worldwide, a lot. Honda Civic Tour and Carnivores, after fees, were $112+ for pit. This San Antonio radio festival, and Tucson in 2014, are both $40~ since they are festivals. LP headlining is pretty expensive - go check the show pages we have tickets for and that's the price before fees. When LP plays in New Zealand and Australia, I think they are automatically more expensive than USA shows due to how expensive it is for LP to get down there and play.

I think all of the samples are "in there" somewhere but they arrange everything in a sequential playlist so when one song is over it just automatically goes to the samples for the next one. Brad's effects patches are set up that way (they actually were as far back as Meteora, before they were even using amp modeling), Joe's samples are set up that way, the FX chains at FOH are done that way, etc...Rob probably could have "found" the APFMH samples for either of those performances if he really wanted to, but someone would have to scroll all the way through the current song list to the "unorganized" files and find them, which probably just isn't worth the trouble for something as inconsequential as the one APFMH trigger sample.