19.06.2011 - Oberursel, Germany

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off-topic but why is Derek (LPA) allowing Joe to completely copy this site - it's actually painful to see how bad he copies Mark's pre-show posts and then gets them up earlier and earlier and now adds videos. LPA is a great site and there's no harm in them publicising shows and providing setlists - that's cool. But having a new tour section and basically ripping this site off is kind of getting on my nerves and I'm not even in the hierarchy of this site so god knows what Mark thinks :/

Apologies for swaying to the side a little but I thought it was a bit lame on the winter tour but it just seems to get closer and closer to LPL they may as well be merged and that's not fair to Derek or Mark 'cause a shit ton of work has been put into both sites but it's starting to grate on me...

Slightly off-topic but why is Derek (LPA) allowing Joe to completely copy this site - it's actually painful to see how bad he copies Mark's pre-show posts and then gets them up earlier and earlier and now adds videos. LPA is a great site and there's no harm in them publicising shows and providing setlists - that's cool. But having a new tour section and basically ripping this site off is kind of getting on my nerves and I'm not even in the hierarchy of this site so god knows what Mark thinks :/

Apologies for swaying to the side a little but I thought it was a bit lame on the winter tour but it just seems to get closer and closer to LPL they may as well be merged and that's not fair to Derek or Mark 'cause a shit ton of work has been put into both sites but it's starting to grate on me...

He isn't copying?! He writes the preshow posts by himself, they aren't copied from LPL!

Leipzig people are special, huh? B)

I guess any joke I'd make at this point would kind of insult the GDR, so… :D

No, seriously, I know a few people from Leipzig and its surroundings and they seem very nice, so no offense! - and yeah, for LP you probably seemed special! :)

EDIT (2): Oh, nice, they got Reading My Eyes, a drum solo and APFMH!

Edited by Silvano_D

I respect LPA and think they have a great site and really support what they do - I especially love their wiki. I look thru their gallery frequently and their tour section is actually unique and pretty cool with how it's set up. the GPS feature (that's what I call it anyway lol) is badass - the map is what I am referring to. They could have copied everything from here but they have a unique little thing going on over there that's pretty sweet.

With that said....

The Joe posts I do agree are VERY similar to what I post. that'd be fine but I've been doing these for quite some time (again, no issue there) and it seems obvious to a lot of people that he is copying the posts we make in a way that makes it look like he isn't. videos, post structure (look at how they're both set up), the questions and all. The two are VERY similar and there is no denying that. I think both sites doing show stuff is cool (at first I was like wtf but now I think it's beneficial to both) but I really do see a problem with their posts. I'm afraid to bring it up to Derek or their staff though because I'm afraid they'll just blow up on me or something so I just say well screw it, let it go. People will post where they want to post.

But if you think that goes unnoticed you're wrong because I've gotten several emails about it, at least 6 texts, one Facebook message and a personal confrontation with a site member over it. I could go in depth but to me it's very obvious he's trying to duplicate exactly what we post, or that's at least how it seems, due to how he structures his posts EXACTLY like ours and how the end result is almost a carbon copy (well, abbreviated a bit because we know I like to ramble on and on about stuff) of what we post. I did see they post theirs a little faster than us but it's never been a race in my opinion so that's not a big deal. We get ours up when I want them to get up (for example, 2 days before a show is a bit too soon - I wait until the day before). I appreciate you bringing it up but I don't think they'll change anything just because the posts look similar. I wouldn't put it past him to get his ideas from my posts but I'm not going to point fingers here, I'm just going to say in my opinion it's a little low to make posts exactly like we do when they have told me they don't want things to be a "competition" at all - and that's what it now seems like, or what it seems like they're trying to make it into.

I have a lot of respect for them and I love LPA, I log on their forums all the time, but I do think the post situation is a bit over the top and crosses that line....

/2 cents

So, no Blackout today, it seems. SOTD's back in, and for real… I do not really believe in any more surprises tonight!

they are playing B13, not C7, so Blackout should be played in the encore anyways :P

Edited by linkin_boss

I respect LPA and think they have a great site and really support what they do - I especially love their wiki. I look thru their gallery frequently and their tour section is actually unique and pretty cool with how it's set up. the GPS feature (that's what I call it anyway lol) is badass - the map is what I am referring to. They could have copied everything from here but they have a unique little thing going on over there that's pretty sweet.

[…]

I don't really know LPA too well, so I can't really tell anything too serious, but for what it sounds like they are copying. I mean, if it's not just you who noticed it seems obvious. I've been in the online-magazine-forum "business" myself for a little while, not concerning LP, but I don't think that makes any difference.

Copying content from each other is usual, I guess. Somebody finds something out, they post it, you post it as well, quoting or referencing to your source - that's just being honest and respectful in my opinion. What you don't do, is copy the structure and (concluding) questions of a post - that's just… bad.

As I stated before, I don't know how you guys know each other, or how exactly LPA is working and all of that, but what I'm saying is - if you talk to him nicely, you might be able to find a peaceful solution anyway :)

@linkin_boss Blackout ain't included in B-13 usually, is it?

Great post! I'll see what I can do :) Thanks.

@linkin_boss Blackout ain't included in B-13 usually, is it?

It was when B13 was first made (in the USA this past winter) but it was dropped from B13 in Europe. It originally was in the place of Burning In The Skies but BITS replaced it in Europe, so Blackout replaced Shadow Of The Day in the other set (forgot the numbers, so confusing :P)

Also - glad to see Reading My Eyes over BIO return!

Yeah C7 :) Thanks.

You're right but atm Blackout is still a live suprise.

I agree. I like it in just one set because it becomes special. FTI in one set, Papercut in one set, etc would make each set more special. If every set had all the same songs but they were just switched up, then there's not much to look forward to each show. Hopefully Wretches & Kings makes it back into one set this summer, or The Messenger. Maybe there's still a setlist they haven't played yet (A-1).

Also since FTI came back into the set, I think it's safe to say that anything is possible now.

I wouldn't say that. From The Inside has made its fair share of appearances in recent years. It's the most common older song that they play.