19.06.2011 - Oberursel, Germany

LP tackles their second German show of the tour and their eight overall show of the summer in Oberursel, Germany at the Hessentagsarena. Oberursel will be the third Projekt Revolution show of the tour. This is the first time that LP's Projekt Revolution show has overlapped with a local festival, interestingly enough. Hessentag is a local festival in Germany and LP is bringing their PR show to it in Oberursel, a city they have never played before in Germany. This is the third city in a row on the tour that LP has never played before, following Helsinki and Leipzig. Support for this show includes Die Antwoord, Dredg, Middle Class Rut, and Anberlin.

The talk of the fans right now happens to be how 'Blackout' made a surprise return to the setlist last night in Leipzig, Germany! LP was playing Set C5 (later named C6, and now named C7 for this show) earlier this year - take a look here - but the surprise is that 'Shadow Of The Day' has been swapped for 'Blackout'! This is good, well great actually, considering that the one set 'Blackout' was in that they were still playing (view here) `had it dropped in favor of 'Burning In The Skies'. Anyway, check out a video of it below from Leipzig:

So what do you guys think? Are you happy 'Blackout' has returned? Are there any other songs you'd like to see the band randomly throw in? What about if they just popped in 'With You' (like Mike mentioned in his recent surprise LPU chat) into a setlist? Do you think we have seen all of the sets that they'll be using on this tour? Or will they have another one? Will 'New Divide' ever open again?

Who's going to Oberursel? M&G for anyone? Will anyone be Tweeting the setlist at all? Will LP repeat this set in Oberursel or will they rotate? What do you guys think about the shows, the sets and the overall energy of the band this tour? I personally think LP has more energy on this tour than they've had in a while (possibly the entire A Thousand Suns touring cycle). The crowds are HUGE and really good on this tour (shoutout to Stockholm here) and the band is really feeding off of them well, which I believe makes them perform better with more passion and intensity. Do you agree?

Remember, if you are going to this show to check out the LPLive Meet & Greet!

The rest of the 2011 tour dates can be found here, as well as show pages, setlists and more from other shows this year.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Faint

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. No More Sorrow

07. From The Inside

08. Jornada Del Muerto

09. Waiting For The End

10. Burning In The Skies

11. Numb

12. The Radiance (Live Version)

13. Iridescent

14. Fallout

15. The Catalyst

16. Shadow Of The Day

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ RME (1) + drum solo + 'A Place For My Head' bridge)

--------------------------------

19. Empty Spaces

20. When They Come For Me

21. Papercut

22. New Divide

23. Crawling

24. One Step Closer

'Reading My Eyes' verse 1 returns over the intro of 'Bleed It Out'! Nice!

Thanks to Thomas aka BlackChester for the live updates!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackout is back! Fuck yeah! Prob my favourite song in the set. Did anyone know anything different cos Mike said the guys were working on playing the song again. Maybe changing up parts or something. Just interested.

I'm looking forward to this show since I won a meet'n'greet for it. Still not sure if I should request something special over Bleed It Out (Reading My Eyes, There They Go, With You) or ask Mike if I could play guitar on stage...

Edited by NotAfraid

I'm looking forward to this show since I won a meet'n'greet for it. Still not sure if I should request something special over Bleed It Out (Reading My Eyes, There They Go, With You) or ask Mike if I could play guitar on stage...

please request with you or RME.. this would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you request with you tell him that you read the LPU chat the other day then this could happen more likelier

btw.. hessentag is only famous in the state "hesse" (hessen in german) , i dont think its that known nationwide

Edited by sckofelng

i will be in oberursel. my cousin and i will start in about one hour.

my sixth lp show and the first in the middle of the crowd. the last ones were all with a seat place.

Great set last night in leipzig, would be happy to see this set in oberursel.

No meet and greet this time.

You're seriously the most naive person I've seen in a long time. It won't happen!

And this destroying of hopes is what I can't accept! Maybe we are bitching sometimes that we want to have a new setlist or something but if some persons are just hoping that they will play an old song on tuesday, then let them dream!

I also hoped for Blackout in Leipzig before and what was your reaction? "They won't change anything." Now look at the setlist, wow Blackout is in :rolleyes:

Edited by tschenneck

And this destroying of hopes is what I can't accept! Maybe we are bitching sometimes that we want to have a new setlist or something but if some persons are just hoping that they will play an old song on tuesday, then let them dream!

I also hoped for Blackout in Leipzig before and what was your reaction? "They won't change anything." Now look at the setlist, wow Blackout is in :rolleyes:

Great words man ... .. . ;)

And, I mean this serious, I won't bitch again about setlists or talking to the crowd, because the last night showed me that the guys are having very much fun with touring and playing live.

If you would have seen their smiling faces, you would know what I mean, it was amazing.

Edited by tschenneck

I'm optimist, and I believe in the best. ;)

Dude, a LOT of your posts in regards to other peoples posts in the past are far from optimistic.

I'm not destroying hope, I'm giving my opinion that people are being unrealistic about songs like With You. I'm glad they played Blackout, honestly I'm happy for you - however if you look at my posts in regards to that, I said that bands don't always play what the soundcheck, not they WON'T play it.

And, I mean this serious, I won't bitch again about setlists or talking to the crowd, because the last night showed me that the guys are having very much fun with touring and playing live.

If you would have seen their smiling faces, you would know what I mean, it was amazing.

I honestly thing it no longer matters what the setlist is. When I see the band, I am happy with anything they have to offer. I don't let it ruin my night because they didn't play APFMH or something. Just like me, you had fun at the show. You would have done no matter what the setlist, and I'm happy that you did.

Dude, a LOT of your posts in regards to other peoples posts in the past are far from optimistic.

I'm not destroying hope, I'm giving my opinion that people are being unrealistic about songs like With You. I'm glad they played Blackout, honestly I'm happy for you - however if you look at my posts in regards to that, I said that bands don't always play what the soundcheck, not they WON'T play it.

I honestly thing it no longer matters what the setlist is. When I see the band, I am happy with anything they have to offer. I don't let it ruin my night because they didn't play APFMH or something. Just like me, you had fun at the show. You would have done no matter what the setlist, and I'm happy that you did.

Dude, now I have to agree with you :P

If LP is in as good mood as yesterday, they could even play only like 15 songs and I would be still happy. You were right, if you're live there, the setlist isn't everything. But honestly, I was more complaining about the talking than the setlist.

But yesterday, EVERYTHING was perfect. The band was happy, the setlist was awesome and the crowd was fantastic.

Edited by tschenneck