2011 Summer Tour

hahninator

Soooooo here we go with our LPLive Summer Tour 2011 post! I know I haven't been as active lately (stupid life getting in the way) but I'm back just in time for Linkin Park's summer tour. Here we go....

Linkin Park picks back up on their A Thousand Suns touring cycle on Saturday, where they return to KROQ's Weenie Roast in Irvine, CA. After a show in Mountain View, CA the next day for Live 105's BFD (Big Fucking Day, anyone?), LP wraps up their two show US warmup and flies over to Europe to start a 14 show run for what seems to be shaping up to form a semi-annual European summer tour.

There are only two non-festival shows in this tour that lasts for almost a month starting on June 6 in Austria. These two shows would be in Stockholm, Sweden (where the band has unfortunately had to cancel MANY shows before - let's hope this one goes off without a hitch!) and in Hamburg, Germany where the fourth Linkin Park Underground Summit (second in Europe, first in Germany) will take place on June 21! Previous LPU summits have been held in London (November), Sydney (December), and Chicago (January).

As far as festivals go, LP will be starting with NovaRock in Austria, where they played in 2007 for the first time. Appearances again at the almighty Download Festival in England and at the Sonisphere Festival in Italy stand out strongly on the touring schedule, but fans will notice the band playing Rock Werchter in Belgium this year, making it the biggest annual rock festival the band has played in its existence! About time guys!

LP takes their Projekt Revolution Tour over to Europe again for the second time ever after its very successful four show appearance in 2008. The lineup is noticeably weaker this year, but the Projekt Rev tour packs in THREE German dates like in 2008 and instead of a show in England, the guys will take the show to Finland for the first time! The noticeable change this year is that there will NOT be a Projekt Revolution in North America this year for the FIRST time on a touring cycle since it began in 2002. Hybrid Theory featured one in 2002, Meteora in 2003 and 2004, and Minutes To Midnight in 2007 and 2008, but it looks like A Thousand Suns won't have one in North America. Sad! This can likely be attributed to the lack of album sales in the US for the latest album as well as the lackluster attendance figures on the latest North American Tour.

Anyway, scattered other festivals will feature Linkin Park, such as the OpenAir St. Gallen in Switzerland and the Main Square Festival in France (where LP has never played a mid-summer show - note, their 2003 one was canceled). The tour wraps up at the inaugural iTunes Festival in London on July 4th, but not before LP stops in Moscow at the Red Square to play a special show for the Transformers 3 Premiere on June 23.

This will be the fourth "leg" of the touring cycle (South America/Europe/Middle East, Australia, US/Canada). Chester fell sick in February on the North American Tour, causing the band to cancel five shows and only make up two (Boo...my Cincinnati show wasn't rescheduled, lol). Maybe they'll make those three up later this year, but I'm not holding my breath. The last time the band played in Europe during the summer, Brad had an ear infection so shows in Sweden and Switzerland were canceled. Hopefully no one gets sick this time around.

As far as DSP's go, I don't know if there actually will be any for sure since the DSP site hasn't posted any new shows for this tour yet. I heard rumors that some European shows will have them (the 2 non-festival shows and the 4 Projekt Revolution shows) but nothing has been confirmed unfortunately.

As far as setlists, we can only speculate. We guess and pray all year long for what we want them to play and what we don't want them to play, but we can only hope the band will break out three new ones with some rarities.

What do you guys want to see them play this summer? Who's going to some shows on this tour?

Stay tuned on Saturday for our coverage of the first show in Irvine, CA! Everyone excited for another tour?

Can't wait for the tour...Even though there's no guarantee I'm going to any of the shows (I'm holding my breath on winning iTunes Festival tickets). I think Linkin Park are bigger in other places around the world than they are at home...although I heard a lot of shows were sold out in the North America tour so I'm not sure about attendance statements....don't know if we'll ever know...the 2 shows I went to in London we're packed!

What do you guys want to see them play this summer?

I want, and I think it is realistic that LP will be played these songs:

- Robot boy,

- somewhere I belong, maybe

- Pushing me away

and probably not realistic:

- Figure09

- Easier to run

- My December

I don't want to get dragged into the whole setlist debate that will pop-up again soon, I have my few wishes and I'm okay with whatever they play.

I will be live-tweeting the setlist on the Stockholm, Sweden show, over here.

Edited by Keols

I'm going to volunteer for music for relief at the oberursel and munich shows... Can't wait to see all the people from last year smile.gif

What you have to do for this, just helping a bit? And most important can you see the actual show from a good place in front or so or just in the crowd?

As far as DSP's go, I don't know if there actually will be any for sure since the DSP site hasn't posted any new shows for this tour yet. I heard rumors that some European shows will have them (the 2 non-festival shows and the 4 Projekt Revolution shows) but nothing has been confirmed unfortunately.

I asked Pooch on Facebook and he´s pretty sure that they are going to release DSPs from the PR shows, but as you say nothing confirmed yet

What would be cool for them to play: Somewhere I Belong, Points of Authority, With You, In Pieces, Figure.09, Dont Stay, maybe APFMH in full, well a lot of this is unlikely but I can dream xD

I'm going to Download Festival in the UK next week. As long as I get a good reception I will Tweet the Set list again like I did from the LPU Summit & 02 shows.

Really hope it's not the same set as before. But can't complain too much as every show i've been to is always great

Tweet name is philporter1974

I'll be in Oberursel the second Projekt Revolution for me after Projekt Revolution in Düsseldorf. I really happy to see Middle class rut, but of course LP too. I hope they play, some old stuff like Figure 0.9 or With you or Runaway. They must bring back POA with Mike Rapping in the Beginning and "there they go" at the End. And of course I want to see Blackout and Burning in the skies.

Songs like No roads left, Across the line and the other stuffs, I wish could see them but they will be never play live.

Looks like they'll be doing a more "rock" set at Download, from what Chester said in Kerrang this week. Maybe we'll get some more old stuff coming out on this tour.

That should be cool. Would really like to see a more "aggressive" setlist this go around.