25.01.2011 - Detroit, MI

SpikeMinoda

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im ok with them never performing robot boy live. that song doesnt make or break the set. glad they are a good band and focusing on blackout. I dont see them performing dont stay or qwerty ever again though. maybe in project rev this summer we'll get a nice treat of one old school song but i dont bank on it. I also think the A11 set a really good set

I want Don't Stay to open, but that will probably never happen again

I thought I was the only person who thought that Don't Stay was a good intro, I'd also think that the Savio speech into With You to open a show would be nothing short of incredible. I wish they had With You and Figure .09 brought back to their live shows but since its an ATS promo tour and they haven't played those songs in years, I'm probably doing a lot of wishful thinking at this point- lol.

I loved Don't Stay as opener in Pittsburgh. W&K as opener works well, but Requiem into Papercut was completely badass, that crowd roared.

I'd like to see Robot Boy once though just to see what it's like, but I don't think we're missing out by not having it

Plus it would be a bit contradictory. "This is not the end this is not the beginning".

How is that contradictory if Jornada leads into it. It'd be blunt fact. Jornada was the beginning, and since WFTE is second, it's not the end.

Jornada (Beginning) >>> WFTE >>> Rest of set >>> End

Notice the lack of WFTE in the beginning or the end. Your argument is invalid because of above proof and :

Posted Image

i think im the only one who doesnt think Robot Boy would come off great live. Im not discouraged that they may never play it. But Blackout is def something i want to see live haha

I basically agree. I'd like to hear Robot Boy live maybe once just to hear how it came across live, but I would definitely get sick of hearing it if it was a common thing and I don't think it really would come across good live to be honest.

I'd love to see Blackout live, I'm hoping they play it at one of the shows I'm going to on this tour. IMO, it was performed really well in Australia and I know it will get a lot of US crowds going in the pit.

I thought I was the only person who thought that Don't Stay was a good intro, I'd also think that the Savio speech into With You to open a show would be nothing short of incredible. I wish they had With You and Figure .09 brought back to their live shows but since its an ATS promo tour and they haven't played those songs in years, I'm probably doing a lot of wishful thinking at this point- lol.

I guess not. Cause I love don't stay as opener! It's an epic song with lots of energy to astart of the show

Im ok with them never performing robot boy live. that song doesnt make or break the set.

Neither does A Place for My Head, With You, Points of Authority, Figure.09, No Roads Left, Across the Line, QWERTY, or Blackout, but the vast majority of people on here seem to think that any set not containing one or more of the above songs is boring. :lol:

Robot Boy probably wouldn't be any worse live than most other ATS songs, the instrumentation would be simple enough to pull off, the only real question mark would be how they'd arrange the vocals, with the entire song being at least 3-part harmonies. They could sample some of the backing vocals, but they'd really need 3 strong voices for all the main lyrical parts.

I also don't get why people seem to be writing Robot Boy off already as something they'll never play live if they don't play it on this tour. It took them 9 months of touring to play everything off of Meteora, same with Minutes to Midnight. They've been touring for A Thousand suns for less than 4 months, and there was an interview that came out maybe a week ago where they were still talking about playing the entire album from beginning to end at some point. Have a little faith!

Disagreed easily. Dunno when LP has ever had 5 songs in an encore before that were of this caliber?

The "encore" is just a faked break anyway. Doesn't really matter if it's 4 or 5 songs all the sudden.

P5hng Me A*wy

A Place For My Head

One Step Closer

or

Wish

One Step Closer

simple beats it no matter what is.

Blackout doesnt need more work. It was insane in Canberra and Chester nailed it. BitS needs a lot of work, particularly if it is the next single. Robot Boy: who cares if it doesnt get played. I dont know where it would fit in the show.

The only reason they are not ready for it on the NA Tour is because when Joe got his equipment in from Australia, the case was full of water. All of his stuff was damaged and the samples for Blackout were not working at the sound check on the first day of the tour.

The only reason they are not ready for it on the NA Tour is because when Joe got his equipment in from Australia, the case was full of water. All of his stuff was damaged and the samples for Blackout were not working at the sound check on the first day of the tour.

damn id sue. lol. That sucks

does anyone else think that there may be a slim chance that they could possibly play valentines day sometime on this tour? i know they most likely wont but it would be an awesome surprise. also i think in pieces returning would be awesome, they should definitely play that instead of shadow of the day or numb